Louisville, KY

Posted February 13, 2014
I am a parent of a Saint Francis of Assisi student. I continue to be impressed with the school, especially with the new principal. The vast majority of the faculty are extremely passionate about and engaged in developing the minds and hearts of the SFA students. Thank you to the faculty and staff of SFA!

St Francis Of Assisi School 2

Posted April 24, 2013
St. Francis of Assisi has several excellent Science and Math teachers for the middle school and the third grade teacher is wonderful. Daily Spanish classes prepare the children for high school foreign language. However, the other teachers are mediocre. Several of the teachers have been at SFA for many years and appear to be coasting until retirement. Reading scores for K-2 are sub par. There is an issue with bullying and the Principal will not address the issue. The Principlal does not listen to parent concerns. The school participates in the Peacebuilders program however the Principal and several of the teachers are not shiniing examples of compassion. I have had two children attend this school and some aspects are wonderful but there are many issues that should be addressed. Unfortunately, the Principal is not willing to change. This may not be a good value for the money.

Posted January 19, 2011
Love that the school offers art, drama, music, Phys Ed and daily Spanish. Love the small school atmosphere and the community that is developed. They have a wonderful and active social justice program and have the Peacebuilders program in place.

Posted October 28, 2009

Posted September 20, 2009
St. Francis of Assisi School is an amazing school with dedicated and supportive teachers. I can not imagine my child in a more supportive and loving environment. We chose St. Francis because we wanted a faith based education where she would be nurtured academically and spiritually. We could not be happier. After being there for 3 years, we have had the opportunity to see graduates that are prepared for the world of High School. We look forward to our child growing and maturing in the same way because of the love and concern of the community. The administration sets a positive tone that is upheld by the staff members, parents, and students.

St Francis Of Assisi School 0

Posted February 08, 2008
It is a good school. My children go there and it is amazing. I love the teacher they are so nice to the kids.

St Francis Of Assisi School 0

Posted January 22, 2008
It is a great school. It has the best qualities and everyone looks out for each other. The science program is my favorite it is amazing!

Posted May 22, 2007
There is no doubt about St. Francis! The science curriculum is unbelieveable, advanced, but the teacher is like magic and the kids get IT! Have you ever heard of 14 year olds doing cancer research? They do at St. Francis. The school is dedicated to peace education also in every grade. Sure, some teachers are average, but average at St. Francis is a cut above most schools. They interact with the local Jewish Community and study the Holocaust. My younger kids love the second grade ( warm, fun, a rich learning environment) and the the kindergarten was PURE JOY! The sports are ALL FREE! I agree with the other author, lack of hot lunches is not a plus, but it is minor.

Posted February 26, 2007
I totally agree with a previous review... the Science curriculum is outstanding and the school has really supported the Peace-Builders program. Another great feature of SFA is a full time Spanish teacher that spends time with all of the classes. Parents are very involved with the education process and booster club. SFA does try to field teams in every sport, but some sports (Football) are combined with other parishes. Young Authors, Book Bee and Science-Fair are only a few of the available academic activities. SFA is a small school with a lot of spirit and community consciousness. We love it there!

Posted January 25, 2006
The atmosphere and environment of this wonderful school made it my number one choice when looking for a place for my daughter to begin her education. The teachers are fantastic, Mr. Whittaker;(science teacher) and Mrs. Kate; (kindergarten). I can't imagine my daughter in a better, more caring school. We love it!! The one point I was only slightly disappointed in was the absence of a playground, however, plans for a new, safe, and fun playground are in the works and should be completed before the next school year starts! We are looking forward to all of the fun and excitement the next seven years will surely bring.

St Francis Of Assisi School
1938 Alfresco Place, Louisville, KY  40205
Last modified St Francis Of Assisi School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Francis Of Assisi School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top