PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (5 responses)

Posted December 10, 2015
I love Hayfield because the teachers genuinely love the kids. When my daughter went from Pre-K to Kindergarten, the teachers and I cried together! I am grateful to have been a part of the awesome Hayfield community and that my kids have been a part of an excellent learning experience.

Posted December 10, 2015
I love the teachers at Hayfield because they genuinely love the students. When my daughter went from Pre-K to Kindergarten, the teachers and I cried together!! Even when we did not have a child at the school, we knew we were always welcome there and we were always greeted with warm smiles and hugs upon our return. It is an awesome community of staff members and families, and I am grateful that my kids have been able to experience it.

Posted December 09, 2015
Hayfield provides an incredible learning environment that encourages children to work independently and at their own pace. The teachers are wonderful and spend individual time with every student. I am grateful that our daughter started and continues her education in a place that fosters such a deep love of learning.

Posted December 09, 2015
Our family is so thankful to have such amazing people help educate our daughter. We have been in the Hayfield family for three years and have seen her thrive and grow. She gets to learn at her pace, not what the rest of the class is doing. An environment like this truly means no child is left behind, or left bored while classmates catch up. Thank you Hayfield!

Posted December 09, 2015
We have been very pleased with the PreK program at Hayfield. The students have many different opportunities to work independently, in groups, and one-on-one with the teacher-a perfect variety to meet the needs of all learning styles.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 09, 2015
Every time I have visited I am amazed by the calm in the classroom. Each child may be working on a different task, but even the small ones are focused on their own work. The teachers offer a great deal of individual help but have also created an environment where the kids can work independently.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 09, 2015
No homework is required until first grade and only on Monday through Thursday nights. My first grader spends around 15 minutes in the evenings on homework. He's able to complete this work on his own. We feel like it helps establish a good habit without restricting his after school activities.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
The children have several classroom pets that they help tend. My youngest liked to watch and talk to the animals when he was feeling overwhelmed.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
Two preschoolers had a spat this week. One was having difficulty sharing, the other called him a name, they were required to work out a compromise, and write a letter to the other apologizing.

Posted December 09, 2015
For us, Hayfield is the perfect combination of academically flexible and challenging. The children are given the freedom to choose their activities and work at their own pace. However, they are required to show progress and meet prescribed goalposts. The outcome has been happy kids that are learning at break-neck speed!

2000 Tyler Lane, Louisville, KY  40205
Last modified Hayfield Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5