Louisville, KY
Before care: Yes

Posted November 10, 2014
Hayfield is truly a one of a kind hidden gem in Louisville. Our beautiful green space is unmatched, and learning in beautiful surroundings creates a peaceful feel. Children are taught to love the Earth, respect and support each other, and through this develop a love of learning that continues on. Hayfield, founded in 1967, has taught generations of Louisville families. Many former students have chosen to send their children to Hayfield. There is simply no place like Hayfield. Schedule a tour and see for yourself why people love this school.

Posted November 10, 2014
I highly recommend Hayfield Montessori School. The teachers and administration care so much for our children at Hayfield. I agree with the other review that this school is a hidden gem. I recommend this school to others all the time and encourage parents to check it out. Children learn much more than sight words and test prep at this school! They learn in a positive, lovely environment that is rich in the arts, along with the general reading, math and other skills we do expect them to learn. Hayfield staff work hard with the kids to lay a foundation for life-long curiosity and a passion for learning. The grounds and buildings are peaceful, lovely and inspiring. One other thing I appreciate as a parent is the fact that there are expectations on behavior from the kids. Children are strongly encouraged to engage their peers and teachers with politeness and kindness. All these things, I think, are a good return for our dollar. And, last but not least, it just downright COOL to attend a school that is family run! The founders of the school are still very involved in the life of this school.

Posted August 19, 2014
This year would be the 3rd year for son at this school. We feel lucky that our city has such a great school. It is a true Montessori school which has encouraged a love for learning in my child. My son considers all academic work as play and enjoys every moment of it. It has such a calming and stress free environment which makes learning easier. We plan to send our son all the way through elementary.

Posted July 30, 2014
We were so lucky to stumble into Hayfield Montessori. After a great start in daycare our child was ready to move into a more "school" environment. Of course we made this decision right in the middle of the year :) We didn't have any Montessori experience but I knew a lot of people thought very highly of it, so I included it in my search. Boy am I glad I did! Not only did Hayfield accept us with open arms, and ease us into the "way" of Montessori, but our daughter flourished and all our hopes were realized. This really is a fantastic school with great teachers. Now we're converts and both our children will be Montessori kids. You really owe it to yourself to check into Hayfield and see if you think your child might thrive in it's perfect educational environment.

Posted July 29, 2013
My daughter has simply flourished at Hayfield. During her kindergarten year she was taken far beyond what a typical kindergarten class could offer. We absolutely loved Mrs. Mary Lipscomb she took time for every student. We look forward to moving on to elementary first through fifth with Mrs. Mariam and can't wait to see how much learning she acquires not only with academics but socially. Hayfield is such a model for how students enjoy learning and an example that you can take children as far as they are willing to go. Come take a tour and observe a class, you will like what you see!

Posted December 16, 2010
My child attended for 3 years loved it & so did we. She learned so much in a healthy, family friendly environment. If you are looking for a quality Montessori school you've found it! I would encourage anyone to go observe the classes, you will be amazed and what you find.

Posted December 08, 2010
This school has excellent teachers that work with your child as an individual, not a number. Family atmosphere, love of learning and positive direction!

Posted December 08, 2010
We are having a great experience at Hayfield Montessori School. The atmosphere is so friendly and child centered that I couldn't imagine a better place for my children to be. Highly recommended!

Posted November 22, 2008
Excellent teachers and a truly unique way for the children to be introduced to school!

Posted June 12, 2007
Hayfield will be celebrating it's 40th year of teaching in 2007-08. We have 120 students, and teach children from 3 years old to 5th grade.

Hayfield Montessori School
2000 Tyler Lane, Louisville, KY  40205
Last modified Hayfield Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Hayfield Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top