K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted January 31, 2011
Such a wonderful school. High academics, top notch teachers, and feels like a family. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted January 28, 2011
My daughters graduated from this school, and I must say that I was amazed at how far ahead of their peers they were when they attended college. Much of the work had already been covered in high school at PCS, and they were able to easily complete very detailed assignments that other students struggled with. PCS has very caring, loving teachers, who are interested in each child's well being, both academically and spiritually. My girls have told me that enrolling them in PCS was the best decision we ever made in their lives. I couldn't be happier.

Posted August 30, 2008
My children attend the East campus and the school has been a blessing to our family. It's a Christ-centered school w/ strong acedemics as well. The staff is absolutely wonderful and extrememly dedicated. It is worth every penny and we consider it an investment in eternity. They keep Christ at the center of all learning and activities.

Posted May 10, 2007
I know several of the staff at Portland and have been a student myself. The school is a great environment for kids because the staff really cares and the academics can't be beat. They offer a variety of extra curricular activities and have a way of encouraging students to use the talents that God gave them. A better school in the area can not be found.

Posted March 11, 2005
Portland Christian has been home to both my children for the past 12 years. One graduated last year and one will graduate next year. PCS is college prep. The sports program is mostly for fun. I think cross country is the only sport we are very competitive in. The other sports we compete well with small schools but the public school teams are hard to compete with unless they are small like us. PCS teaches Bible and in my opinion, makes it one of the best schools in Louisville. They don't focus on a specific religion other than new testament so any Christian religion should feel comfortable. The teachers are great and really get to know and love your children here. This is a great place for any kid.

Portland Christian School - Portland Avenue Campus
2500 Portland Avenue, Louisville, KY  40212
Last modified Portland Christian School - Portland Avenue Campus is a Private school that serves grades K-12