Louisville, KY

Posted December 11, 2014
I am friends with a lot of LCS alumni and they have all loved their experience at Collegiate. All have gone on to attend 4-year colleges, acquire jobs they love and I count them as great friends in my life.

Louisville Collegiate School 1

Posted May 30, 2014
I pulled my children out of this school and only wish I had done so sooner. I totally agree with the comments posted on August 19, 2013, July 19, 2013, May 31, 2013, and May 10, 2006. Education is not that great. Administration lacks leadership and does not follow the schools "Corner Stones." I would like to second the May 10, 2006 review, "Don't complain or your child will suffer." I also strongly agree with the October 7, 2011 review, "Didn't see the Ethics".

Louisville Collegiate School 4

Posted March 23, 2014
This school is better than most of the public schools in Louisville. Foreign languages are for all twelve years. This includes Chinese. Unfortunately, the parents don't seem to want the school to move to the next level. There is a country club atmosphere. Some parents take their children out of school for silly reasons like a vacation to Florida during the school year. They could ramp up the academics. It has the potential to be a great school if the parents wanted that. Also, it has improved in the area of diversity yet more can be done in diversifying not only the students population but the faculty as well. Overall, it is still better than most of the public schools in the city.

Posted March 05, 2014
I attended LCS K-12. I am sincerely grateful for my Collegiate experience. I went on to the Ivy League and post-grad "real world" well-prepared. Teachers exposed me to challenging, stimulating material; they taught me how to think critically and creatively; they emphasized "service learning" and giving back to the community. The long-tenured teachers are the best to be found. I had points of complaint when I was a student - and I didn't make it easy for all the teachers with whom I worked - but I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to grow up at LCS. I have stayed in touch with teachers and athletic coaches whom I still consider mentors today. I would not have had the college-level and professional-level success I've enjoyed, if it hadn't been for LCS. Of course: I learned Math and Science and Literature; I learned public speaking in the classroom and teamwork on the field hockey field; I got great standardized test scores. But what I count most important about Collegiate is the character education, the personal investment of the educators, and the encouragement of life-long learning that has so enriched my personal and professional, social and intellectual life. GO LCS!

Posted September 19, 2013
I have 2 children in the lower school and they are very happy. My 5 year old runs to the building every morning and my 8 year old was sad to have summer come because she didn't want to wait several months to return to school. There is so much joy in this place. I wanted my kids to learn in a supportive environment and we have found it in Collegiate. The teachers know each child very well and base their work on things they are interested in. My 8 year old is reading at a 5th grade level and they keep her challenged in 2nd grade. The community of parents is great, I have found it a very welcoming and inclusive place. Everyone loves the new Head of School, he gets our kids out of the car every morning in carpool and knows them by name.

Posted September 18, 2013
Hello Community, I am new to Louisville, and it just so happens that I am also the new Head of School at Louisville Collegiate School. I am not posting here to confront a bad review or to praise a good one, but instead am writing to invite you to come see us in action for yourself and to offer up myself if you have any questions or concerns about Collegiate. Like all institutions, we have things that we do extremely well and others that we need to continue to get better at doing, so no, we are not perfect. We are, however, a wonderful community of parents, students, and faculty who care deeply about education. I am a product of Kentucky having been born and raised in Hopkinsville, and I truly appreciate all of the educational options that Kentucky has to offer. With that being said, I encourage you to be a consumer when it comes to where and what is best for your child educationally. I hope that in your exploration of educational opportunities for your child, you give us a chance to win your trust. I very much look forward to you visiting our campus and judging for yourself the value that we believe we add to a child's educational experience. All my best to you and yours.

Louisville Collegiate School 4

Posted September 13, 2013
Louisville Collegiate school is easily the most culturally diverse schools in Louisville. I am from the New York area and found this to be the most similar to what we have on the east coast. True diversity We were looking for small classes, strong curriculum and a nurturing environment. Both kids have been there for 4 years now and are thriving. We do outside activities and this school encourages that. It is small so they don't have their own theatre , major campus etc however it allows the children to take classes at other fine Louisville institutions like the Louisville Ballet. The teachers make this school great & seem to enjoy the size of their classrooms. LCS has a new headmaster who seems to understand the challenges that kids are facing. I believe with his leadership the whole school will improve. I

Louisville Collegiate School 1

Posted August 19, 2013
LCS is the most expensive and exclusive school in Louisville....and that's about it. The academics are mediocre, the teachers are inexperienced, and behavioral problems are plentiful (BE WARNED). The administration lacks a cohesive mission other than trying to extract as much additional time and money from parents as possible. We pulled our child out of lower school, as there are plenty of other private schools in Louisville who offer a much better product for a fraction of the price. BUT...if you need to network with old money and you want to belong to the yacht club or Lou CC, then you have to send your children here. Just know that they will be marinated in the most spoiled, entitled environment you could possibly contrive, and end up going to UK anyway. Save yourself the headaches and the quarter mil.

Posted July 21, 2013
Our child began attending in JK and fell in love with the school before even attending. The teachers have been phenomenal, e.g. supportive, presenting the students with age appropriate challenges, and highly communicative with parents. Our child has developed good friendships and it allowed us to get to know the other parents in her grade. I love the high level of communication from the teachers, parent association, counselors, and administrators of the lower school. We are not natives of Louisville and found the enrollment process of the public school system to be a bit cumbersome. This has been one of the best decisions we have made for our child. We're looking forward to a long academic career at Collegiate.

Louisville Collegiate School 2

Posted July 19, 2013
Do not waste your money. If your child is anything other than a typical learner they will sell you a seat and do little to nothing to provide your child extra support. It is all about the bottom line at this school and as an ex employee (and an alum k-12!), they will compromise ethics to sell seats. They do little of what's right in the service of building character and developing ethical young people. The board of directors (mostly non educators) is way to involved in the leadership and poor decisions are made time and time again.

Louisville Collegiate School
2427 Glenmary Ave, Louisville, KY  40204
Last modified Louisville Collegiate School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Louisville Collegiate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top