PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I finally pulled my children from the school and wish I had done so sooner. There are better run, better staffed, better engaging schools in the Louisville area. Keep looking!

I love this school. It is the best one in the Kentuckiana region. The lunches are amazing and everyone is so kind and sweet

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Most teachers are not certified teachers. There is no containing education requirement for collegiate teachers. You end up with a very mixed bag of teacher ability and pedagogy.

Below average education for $23,000 per year. Constant staff turn over and constant drama with children being cruel and disrespectful to one another on daily basis. Very weak administration that is not equipped to handle the level of misconduct that occurs within their student body. Very small school with huge problems.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers do not teach very well and they spend their time on teaching not useful material

Collegiate boasts a great student-teacher ratio and is situated in a wonderful neighborhood. Students enjoy a wide variety of clubs, activities, and sports.

I am friends with a lot of LCS alumni and they have all loved their experience at Collegiate. All have gone on to attend 4-year colleges, acquire jobs they love and I count them as great friends in my life.

I pulled my children out of this school and only wish I had done so sooner. I totally agree with the comments posted on August 19, 2013, July 19, 2013, May 31, 2013, and May 10, 2006. Education is not that great. Administration lacks leadership and does not follow the schools "Corner Stones." I would like to second the May 10, 2006 review, "Don't complain or your child will suffer." I also strongly agree with the October 7, 2011 review, "Didn't see the Ethics".

This school is better than most of the public schools in Louisville. Foreign languages are for all twelve years. This includes Chinese. Unfortunately, the parents don't seem to want the school to move to the next level. There is a country club atmosphere. Some parents take their children out of school for silly reasons like a vacation to Florida during the school year. They could ramp up the academics. It has the potential to be a great school if the parents wanted that. Also, it has improved in the area of diversity yet more can be done in diversifying not only the students population but the faculty as well. Overall, it is still better than most of the public schools in the city.

I attended LCS K-12. I am sincerely grateful for my Collegiate experience. I went on to the Ivy League and post-grad "real world" well-prepared. Teachers exposed me to challenging, stimulating material; they taught me how to think critically and creatively; they emphasized "service learning" and giving back to the community. The long-tenured teachers are the best to be found. I had points of complaint when I was a student - and I didn't make it easy for all the teachers with whom I worked - but I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to grow up at LCS. I have stayed in touch with teachers and athletic coaches whom I still consider mentors today. I would not have had the college-level and professional-level success I've enjoyed, if it hadn't been for LCS. Of course: I learned Math and Science and Literature; I learned public speaking in the classroom and teamwork on the field hockey field; I got great standardized test scores. But what I count most important about Collegiate is the character education, the personal investment of the educators, and the encouragement of life-long learning that has so enriched my personal and professional, social and intellectual life. GO LCS!

Last modified Louisville Collegiate School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12