Louisville, KY

Whitefield Academy 3

Posted March 28, 2015
Our daughter was at this school from preschool to 8th grade. Through the years we found out that their curriculum on English and Bible was good, but they really lack in Math and Science. She is now in a very challenging high school. She is happier and taking 4 advance classes out of 7 and still at the top of 10 percent of her classmates. At the beginning of high school she struggled in the Math and Science classes, two of her advance classes, due to she never learned at Whitefield how to approach word problems that require reasoning . There was a lot of turn over of teachers in this school,and one year we felt that the teacher hired didn't have the proper qualifications to teach at that grade level. Through the years, there were 2 teachers with mean attitude overall. These two have been on this school for long time. This is a Christian school, and they should be checking very carefully the background of the teachers they hired, and do evaluations every so often about teachers performance.

Whitefield Academy 1

Posted March 13, 2015
We thought this would be a great school experience for our preschooler, but because she was a bit more advanced she was labeled a "behaviour problem" and kicked out at age 4. I was under the impression that this was a Christian based school with teaching professionals but it seems that a 4 yr old got the best of them. After their suggestion she be tested, it turns out their curriculum was not challenging enough for her and essentially she was bored. Turns out, after we had her tested (their recommendation, not ours), she had an IQ of 135 and it was suggested she skip kindergarten and go strait into 1st grade. So bottom line, the school was not accustomed to advanced children.

Posted January 26, 2015
Whitefield Academy is a great school, preschool thru 12 grade! We have had our child there since Mothers Day Out and they are now in Middle School. The classroom sizes are usually 15-20 children and you have so much more one-on-one with the teachers. Their academic excellence is great and I disagree with another posting that they are 2-3 years behind? NO WAY!!! If anything they are way ahead of most schools, especially public schools. Their average ACT is one of the highest in Louisville and they have a great % of scholarships each year to great colleges and universities! Also, the Christian education is phenomenal and we love that they teach everything with that focus. I am a graduate of CAL and I sent my child to Whitefield Academy because of the smaller size and wonderful feeling of love/Christian atmosphere.

Posted September 26, 2012
Whitefield Academy exceeds expectations. Our child enjoys small class sizes and a loving environment. The curriculum is advanced, however the teachers are very involved. There is open communication with parents and students to guarantee the success of the student. The school is dedicated to educating students. They also provide a family environment. It is an extension of a loving home. It has exceeded expectations across the board. It is an advanced program and students with behavioral issues as well as lower acadmic progress will not excel in this enviroment. If you want your child in a challenging acadmeic environment that supports Biblical teachings while nurturing your child, I can not recommend a better combination.

Whitefield Academy 3

Posted June 19, 2012
We tried Whitefield for two years, and we found that their curriculum was 2-3 years lower than that which our child had been using previously. Although Whitefield is a nice, Christian school and a good fit for the average student; if your child is "outside the box" in any way (ie, a gifted learner, needing academic support, or having minor medical, nutritional, or environmental needs), then I could not recommend this school. Several other parents at the school also voiced this concern while we were there, and I know a number of families who have made plans to transfer elsewhere.

Posted September 27, 2010
My son has attended for 3 years now and I can't believe the love they show for my child. He is in first grade reading books that if in a public school 1 st grade I know a child could not read. I truly believe if they would bring God back into the schools and put him first it would change! I'm so thankful for the school and the church!

Posted October 02, 2009
Whitefield Academy is a Christ-centered institution that places God before anything else while maintaining a well-rounded and advanced education system for all those who attend.

Posted June 18, 2009
I honestly just can't say enough good things about this school. It is academically challenging and the entire staff provides every child with care and love. It feels like a home away from home for our son who is now in Kindergarten. I would like to assure others considering this school that they do work hard to instil biblical principles throughout the curriculum. The students attend chapel every Wednesday and it has never been canceled. They include prayer evary day and use the the bible as a way of teaching morals and values. They provide such good communication and are open to questions and concerns you may have regarding your child. The children are taugh respect and curtesy as well, which is demonstrated when you see high school students with smiles on their faces regularly holding doors open for people. I love that!

Posted January 15, 2009
I graduated from WA in 2007, i attend WA/HBS since i was in three year old preschool. I gradauted with people I knew my whole life. While attending WA I felt that I was not learning, it was easy. But after three semesters of college I realize that WA does prepare you for college. College is so much easier on me, than many of my classmates simply becasue of my previous school. After going there for as long as I did the teachers knew me, they helped me with anything I needed.

Whitefield Academy 4

Posted January 10, 2009
I am a former parent. This is our first year in JCPS system not by choice. I have found that going from WA to JCPS my children were far above their current grade level Classmates. While at WA they were middle of the class and had too much busy work. Currently they have very little home work and are just gliding through on what they have already learned. At JCPS I fear they will get behind and not be challenged enough. If the economy gets better we will have to fight and struggle to get them back in at WA at their grade level.

Whitefield Academy