Louisville, KY

Posted September 26, 2012
Whitefield Academy exceeds expectations. Our child enjoys small class sizes and a loving environment. The curriculum is advanced, however the teachers are very involved. There is open communication with parents and students to guarantee the success of the student. The school is dedicated to educating students. They also provide a family environment. It is an extension of a loving home. It has exceeded expectations across the board. It is an advanced program and students with behavioral issues as well as lower acadmic progress will not excel in this enviroment. If you want your child in a challenging acadmeic environment that supports Biblical teachings while nurturing your child, I can not recommend a better combination.

Whitefield Academy 3

Posted June 19, 2012
We tried Whitefield for two years, and we found that their curriculum was 2-3 years lower than that which our child had been using previously. Although Whitefield is a nice, Christian school and a good fit for the average student; if your child is "outside the box" in any way (ie, a gifted learner, needing academic support, or having minor medical, nutritional, or environmental needs), then I could not recommend this school. Several other parents at the school also voiced this concern while we were there, and I know a number of families who have made plans to transfer elsewhere.

Posted September 27, 2010
My son has attended for 3 years now and I can't believe the love they show for my child. He is in first grade reading books that if in a public school 1 st grade I know a child could not read. I truly believe if they would bring God back into the schools and put him first it would change! I'm so thankful for the school and the church!

Posted October 02, 2009
Whitefield Academy is a Christ-centered institution that places God before anything else while maintaining a well-rounded and advanced education system for all those who attend.

Posted June 18, 2009
I honestly just can't say enough good things about this school. It is academically challenging and the entire staff provides every child with care and love. It feels like a home away from home for our son who is now in Kindergarten. I would like to assure others considering this school that they do work hard to instil biblical principles throughout the curriculum. The students attend chapel every Wednesday and it has never been canceled. They include prayer evary day and use the the bible as a way of teaching morals and values. They provide such good communication and are open to questions and concerns you may have regarding your child. The children are taugh respect and curtesy as well, which is demonstrated when you see high school students with smiles on their faces regularly holding doors open for people. I love that!

Posted April 27, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009
I graduated from WA in 2007, i attend WA/HBS since i was in three year old preschool. I gradauted with people I knew my whole life. While attending WA I felt that I was not learning, it was easy. But after three semesters of college I realize that WA does prepare you for college. College is so much easier on me, than many of my classmates simply becasue of my previous school. After going there for as long as I did the teachers knew me, they helped me with anything I needed.

Whitefield Academy 4

Posted January 10, 2009
I am a former parent. This is our first year in JCPS system not by choice. I have found that going from WA to JCPS my children were far above their current grade level Classmates. While at WA they were middle of the class and had too much busy work. Currently they have very little home work and are just gliding through on what they have already learned. At JCPS I fear they will get behind and not be challenged enough. If the economy gets better we will have to fight and struggle to get them back in at WA at their grade level.

Posted November 07, 2008
We started in the public schools here and in kindergarten my child was bullied, teased and nothing was done about it. We have been at WA for 2 years and are very happy. The class work is challenging and every staff member is there for your student and the family. We make a lot of scarfices so we can send our child to WA and will continue to do so because it is worth it.

Posted January 24, 2008
Our two elementary aged children have attended WA for 3 years, now. We have experienced such love, care and genuine concern for our children here. Each new school year, we have been so impressed with each teacher, each one surpassing our expectations. Our children are ahead of their non-WA friends academically and they continue to grow both spiritually and morally by leaps. The coursework is challeging, but it does prepare the children well. One word about the cost. We are not wealthy, by any stretch of the means, and after speaking with so many others with children here, I've discovered that most WA familys make significant sacrifices to keep their kids here because of the quality is really that great. We will do whatever it takes to keep our children at Whitefield Academy for as long as we can. I highly recommend this school, ask for a tour!

Whitefield Academy