K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

This is one thing they nail. I barely ever witness bullying, but this is mostly due to students respecting each other.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Our administrator is bad I explained that in the rest of the review.

Develops character: Disagree

Christian morals might improve integrity. Chapel and friendship might improve compassion. But the way people like Enette treat people won't improve respect. Most people treat respect with respect.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some are some aren't. It just depends.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Its not effective, but the classwork is.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The teachers care, but unfortunately they're made to teach mid-evil philosophies that are no longer truth.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school indoctrinates their students. The purpose of a school should be to cultivate ideas and conversations and to allow students to find their own truth. I spent years of my life trying to undue to the lies that were presented to me as facts. Once I entered higher education, I realized I was lied to.

I attended Evangel from 2001-2004 and although I've done well for myself, my success was entirely because of my own will to succeed. This "school" is nothing more than a glorified daycare. The proof is in the pudding. The majority of alumni are pregnant, in rehab or working a blue collar job by the time they're 20 years old. I graduated with a class of roughly 30 students and 95% of my classmates have done absolutely nothing with their lives. The school cares about nothing but tuition. Although some of the teachers care deeply for the students, the administration is limited on resources. If you want your children to grow up to do nothing with their lives, send them to Evangel.

I used to go to Evangel and i personally think that this school is the worst school anyone could ever go to, there is no respect. The kids are all out of control, everyone is so hateful. Christian? I would say only the administration.

I really enjoy Evangel Christian School. The student and faculty are a close-knit group and help create a family environment. I am so thankful for the chapel services, where the anointing flows and lives are changed. I also love the bible leader classes that instill godly morals into the students and provoke theological discussions. The school uniform is appropriate and decent in style. The parents and faculty are kind and helpful. There are several problems though. There is sometimes dissension between Evangel students and gossiping is a common problem. The sports programs have been lacking recently, due to scheduling problems, few interested or dedicated players, and uncoordinated seasons. The education is average, and students are not motivated in achieving their goals or completing assignments. Also, there is a big problem with disrespectful students, who blatantly put other students down and defy the teachers' authority. This school has its downsides, but I am so thankful for this school. The missions program is incredible and the performing arts program is phenomenal. I just pray that revival happens in Evangel Christian School. I'm thankful for all that God is going to do.

Last modified Evangel Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12