No rating

Academy For Individual Excellence

Private | PK-12

Living in Louisville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $160,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted September 14, 2012

Im not sure about the K-12 school, i have heard a mix of reviews. I am writing about the Academy For Individual Excellence Preschool or Quala Care. Do not make the mistake of sending your child here. I mean its not the worst place, but it definitly lacks. They do lots of fun things, like have mr magic , and puppet shows etc. but these good things hide what is really lacking. Teachers that are lazy, Anytime I picked up my child they were sitting around at the circle table gabbing while kids did whatever. I've seen children get hurt on the playground and them not comfort them. Ive seen them let children sleep til 330 when wake up time was 3pm .. only reason they let the children get up was because I showed up and they acted like they were waking up the children..when I arrived lights were off. They watch WAY too much tv!! I moved my child to another preschool and saw how different things are really supposed to be!!

Posted May 12, 2011

I loved being a student and graduating from this school. I did not have any problems getting into UofL, so the comment about having to get a GED is false. I really wish our family earned enough to send our children there.

Posted April 19, 2011

I love teaching at this school! We are in the process of getting accredited, too. We have alumni attending a wide variety of universities, so not sure what the deal is with someone having to get their GED.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 17, 2011

This school is not accredited - may have to get GED before attending University. Found out the hard way!

Posted May 12, 2010

That is so right, i love that school and how the teacher work with the student. And how Mr. Savage really is loves his students.

Posted February 16, 2010

The Academy is an Amazing school, The staff are top notch. An I am pleasesd to say that I am an Alumni of the school

Posted February 16, 2010

Thank God for AIE and John Savage. After removing our son from a toxic educational environment in a public school, he now loves learning again. Our only regret is that we didn't move him to AIE earlier.

Posted November 3, 2009

This is an amazing school filled with staff who care deeply about helping each child achieve their personal best - and the kids do exactly that! It is positive and everything you could ask to enable your child to grow and reach their potential. They learn how to learn, they help each other, and they respect each other. I wish I could have gone to a school like this!

Posted September 17, 2009

The people that make up the school, the students, teacher, faculty, and administration all make this school the most unique school in the world! With all those factors combined, the students gain more love and attention than they will ever receive in their edcuational career, allowing them to absorb more knowledge than just math, science, and reading! :-)

Posted September 29, 2008

I have a child in the Preschool & Kindergarten. The staff are absolutely wonderful and communicative. My older daughter has some issues that affect learning, yet they give her the opportunity to complete work that she is obviously proud of. Would recommend to any parent who has child with or without special needs. Emphasis on family environment, rote learning (in elementary age kids) and respect for others.

Posted November 13, 2007

My child is a Junior this year and has been at this school since 2nd grade. I am so proud of the progress my child has made in personal growth and self esteem. Mr Savage knows each student and their parents and strives to make each child the best they can be. Very dedicated to his school and his students.

Posted July 28, 2005

Our son entered AIE in his freshman year. He has blossomed at AIE due to the tireless work of Mr. Savage and his staff of teachers. We are grateful for the vision and atmosphere in this school.

Posted February 22, 2005

I have a two year old in Quala Care and a nine year old in AIE - both run by Mr. and Mrs. Savage. The schools are excellent. The students range from those with learning or physical disabilities to those with excelled learning skills all in the same class. It has taught my sons to be tolerant of and patient with others. My nine year old previously attended public schools, where he was ridiculed and held back by students and teachers. He has since excelled in his reading, writing, and math. More importantly, the progress continues into his everyday life: this child that normally would spend hours infront of video games and tv and would moan if asked to shut it off now spends time reading and writing stories for fun! Mr. John Savage and his teaching staff are excellent role models who teach by example.

Posted January 25, 2005

This is a truely great school! If you want an emotionally safe school that values every child this is the place for you. Learning is exciting here. Everyone is engaged and encouraged to actively participate. Students aren't taught merely to test. Instead they are mentored, nurtured, and guided by sound Christian principles to be the best that they can be. The director, John Savage, is a dynamic, hands on leader who readily interacts with all students, calling each of them by name. My child had one huge disappointment after her first week at school, it wasn't open on Saturday. This from a six year old who previously hated school. I encourage anyone who wants to improve their quality of life and take the stress out of school to visit one of the parent informational meetings. I guarantee you'll be inspired to make the change.

Posted September 9, 2003

This school is wonderful. My son was having trouble in other schools and did not feel he was very smart. This school allows chidren to learn on their individual abilities. My son is doing extremely well now and loves going to school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3101 Bluebird Lane