PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

We do not have homework until 7th grade. It makes sense because children have been in school for 8 hours. You he been at work for 8 hours. The last thing you as a family would want to do is fight with a child at 7pm just to do homework. It's about quality family time after school and work. Like it used to be many years ago.

We LOVE this school. It's perfect for our family. We do not want any of the JCPS schools in Louisville and then also we did not want a religious school either because that's my choice as a parent to teach my children about God. So this school was perfect fit. They have a different style of teaching. It may not make sense to some who are by the book on everything. But my daughter started kindergarten this year and I can not believe the difference in less then a month that she's been here. She comes home everyday telling me a new letter and how it sounds with a sing to help her remember. Along with the oceans all over the world. She's 5... it's amazing. Best school in Louisville! !!

This school is superb!! I couldn't say anything wrong with this school. It simply amazes me how much the staff is so caring and making sure your child is set up for success! If you are thinking about having your child attend this school..don't hesitate it. My son started there in 7th grade and I wish I knew about the school sooner!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers make sure your child is set up for success. The classes are small so your child gets plenty of one on one education.The school is regular education but do have some special needs needs children which makes it diversified. My son is on the autism spectrum I couldn't find a better school meeting his needs. Also bullying is not tolerated. This school is more than a school it's more like a family. I am thrilled my son attends this school. Best decision I have ever made concerning his education!!

My child struggles with many things in her life and we have tried many schools, none have felt right. Once we found AIE we knew this was where she had to be. Everyone in this school from admin to the students treat each other like they are a part of your family. We felt so good about what they are doing with our daughter that we moved our son from parochial school and placed him at AIE, and he has excelled. The environment is one of inclusion and love. I never thought that I would be able to have all my children, both typically developing and delayed, in the same school and have this feeling of peace every time I drop them off. Many people have a false idea that AIE is a place for children with learning disabilities or other challenges, and I thought this as well at first, but have now learned that AIE is a school for kids, not special kids, not typical kids, but all kids. They allow those with more needs to grow and develop to their fullest potential in an environment that is nonjudgemental. More importantly they allow the typical child to learn while at the same time teaching that it doesn't matter what people look like or wear but what matters is treating everyone with respect.

Im not sure about the K-12 school, i have heard a mix of reviews. I am writing about the Academy For Individual Excellence Preschool or Quala Care. Do not make the mistake of sending your child here. I mean its not the worst place, but it definitly lacks. They do lots of fun things, like have mr magic , and puppet shows etc. but these good things hide what is really lacking. Teachers that are lazy, Anytime I picked up my child they were sitting around at the circle table gabbing while kids did whatever. I've seen children get hurt on the playground and them not comfort them. Ive seen them let children sleep til 330 when wake up time was 3pm .. only reason they let the children get up was because I showed up and they acted like they were waking up the children..when I arrived lights were off. They watch WAY too much tv!! I moved my child to another preschool and saw how different things are really supposed to be!!

I loved being a student and graduating from this school. I did not have any problems getting into UofL, so the comment about having to get a GED is false. I really wish our family earned enough to send our children there.

I love teaching at this school! We are in the process of getting accredited, too. We have alumni attending a wide variety of universities, so not sure what the deal is with someone having to get their GED.

This school is not accredited - may have to get GED before attending University. Found out the hard way!

That is so right, i love that school and how the teacher work with the student. And how Mr. Savage really is loves his students.

Last modified Academy For Individual Excellence is a Private school that serves grades PK-12