K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

My son has ADHD, a common diagnosis, and anxiety. He needs supports in the classroom to stay on task and manage his anxiety. I provided resources - a behavior therapist, an occupational therapist, and a pediatrician - all of which the school refused to utilize.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principal is a poor leader. He suffers from severe hubris, and thinks he knows better than everyone - his own staff, parents and physicians who make recommendations for classroom interventions to assist children. He is "my way or no way" with regard to every decision, and refuses any resources parents offer to assist his staff.

Develops character: Disagree

This school fosters an environment where children who are not "stepford" children are labeled and ostracized.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

My son's teacher was entirely ill equipped to run adaptive behavior interventions in the classroom. He has ADHD and despite recommendations from his parents and his physicians, the teacher simply could not support my son.

The current principal (Michael Bratcher) is inflexible and a poor leader. He has little experience with elementary school children, and his lack of understanding of early elementary development is readily apparent. The guidance counselor (Debbie Whatley) is similarly without a concrete understanding of appropriate developmental interventions and adaptive techniques for children. The school immediately responds to any event with a CYA/Risk management response rather than a cooperative partnership response. Despite providing numerous resources to support the school and teacher, the school consistently refused those resources, thinking they knew better than my child's physicians and therapists. For the price you pay to send your child to this school, you would expect more professionalism, and better resources within the school to support students.

A neighbor pointed us to the Sacred Heart Schools campus, where we have been for 13 years. Our children have had the best education possible, beginning at Sacred Heart Preschool. I read other review submitted by parents who sound bitter. Now that I work in a school environment, I know first-hand that parents tend to blame the school if there is a challenge, rather than take ownership and partner with the school for an answer. I take bitter reviews with a grain of salt. Model School was OUTSTANDING for my kids: challenging yet nurturing, and prepared my kids to enter high school classes in full honors. Test scores are high; so are the opportunities for kids to grow their hearts through service outreach. They educate not only the mind but the heart of these students. Yes, it is expensive. I worked two jobs to keep my kids there! It is private education. But it is an INVESTMENT IN YOUR CHILD. I know this investment will pay life-long dividends. Go and visit!

If your child is gifted or at least above average intelligence, then this is where you want to send your child. I know the current group of teachers are amazing and have to spend much of their summer taking classes and keeping up on their teaching skills. My son was far above his classmates at another private school and was bored; but SHMS challenges him on a daily basis and he loves school again. They have a great athletics program as well. If you want the absolute best for your child (while not cheap), then this is the school for them.

my daughter was in the preschool and had two teachers that spoke horrible english (broken) and barked orders at the kids. Thier first language was not english and thus teaching my child correct english was an issue. They called children "bad". Were less than excited to be teaching and for "parties" like valentines day they watched T.V. We did 3 day a week part time and by the end of they year we hardly went because it was board and all she was learning was to to call names. During confirences I was told my daughter could already do the skills required to move to the next room "on the paper" so they were not "focusing" on her. We moved schools.

Don't waste your money and time with that school. Over there is all about who donated more..... Because the kids are judge by who the parents are. After 3 years I finally made the best decision: TAKE MY KID OUT!!!

My son is in the 2yr classroom. At first I was excited about what they sold me. A great curriculum with science and math and no tv. However, the kids were out of control and not enough staff can handle. They say they have an 8 to 1 ratio but they are really skimping cuz the kids are not engaged and are hitting each other. Plus its expensive. Take your kids elsewhere.

Last modified Sacred Heart Model School is a Private school that serves grades K-8