No rating

Christian Academy of Louisville

Private | PK-12 | 3000 students

"education with a Higher purpose"

Living in Louisville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $219,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Posted June 19, 2014

This is a terrible school. The students are absolutely ruthless. My brother and I transferred out as quickly as we could. The administration does not care for the students, as my brother received death threats, and they did nothing about it. They education isn't much better than the public school's. It isn't worth it at all. Send your child to a catholic school if you are looking for a fantastic educational and friendly experience, even if you aren't catholic, as I am not.

Posted May 28, 2014

They claim to want to focus on building a child in wisdom and stature like Jesus and to partner with parents in educating their children. Beware, if your child does not fit into their specific "learning box" they will find a way to weed you out. I believe this is to keep their numbers up, so they have pretty PowerPoints to show to parents at orientations. Their learning is very focused on auditory learning, so if your child is visual or kinesthetic, they will will struggle. Sadly, most younger children are not auditory and they do not make adjustments for the other learning styles in the classroom. If you child has any learning disabilities, even the most minor, they will not be willing to work with you on a specific plan for your child. I had such high hopes at this school and after one year there was so sadly disappointed. I would never recommend this school to anyone!

Posted April 28, 2014

When my two oldest children went to CAL and excelled and were also well prepared for two of the best universities in the nation, I knew it was an awesome school. However, It wasn't until we moved away and tried to find a comparable school for my youngest in other cities, that we realized that CAL is in a class of its own!! The academics are superb and the spiritual foundation was was beyond reproach. We could not imagine sending our children to any other school if we lived in Louisville!

Posted October 24, 2013

Do not make the mistake of sending your children to this horrible school. I am a freshman currently at this school and am stuck going to this school because my parents can't afford to send me to a better school. The students there are stuck up, mean, and just plain unfriendly. Not a good environment at all. The teachers are too busy to help the students out so the students are basically on their own. It is also very overpriced and not worth the tuition. Sometimes I wonder if even public school would be better then this pathetic joke of a school. This school has a huge problem with bullying and is extremely competitive, and not in a good way. The school only wants your money, they don't care about you. They are prejudice towards the richer students that don't donate to the school. Everyone there are hypocrites. "Christian" is just a mask they put up, on the inside people there only care about themselves.

Posted November 4, 2012

I currently attend Christian Academy, and am in high school. I've been going here for almost all of my school years. I love this school. I feel like, as an honors and AP student, I'm being challenged in my classes. My teachers are not only there to back me up and help me when I need it, but they have been incredible role models and have supported me in my faith. I know people have been disappointed in the some of the students from Christian Academy, but that should not be put on the school. Any school you look at will have students that don't necessary reflect what it stands for; that doesn't make the school itself any different. The athletic program has taken leaps in the past year and really made an impression. The music program cannot be overlooked, it has really moved forward in the past few years. In all honesty, the chapels have varied from causing me to completely check out to making me rethink a lot of things (in a good way). This year, however, I feel like a lot has changed and they have gotten much better, as well as helped me to strengthen my relationship with God. To sum this all up, I absolutely love my school, I can't imagine going anywhere else.

Posted October 12, 2012

I graduated from CAL in 2012, and I would never recommend it to any parent. At CAL I took almost every AP class I could and received all A's. After comparing with friends who went to other schools I do not feel I received any better of an education, and as a college student I can say it does no better a job preparing your student than any other school. After attending for 6 years there is only a handful of teachers that are truly worth the tuition. This school does not reflect Christian values. It is all politics and very hypocritical. Your child will not be surrounded by godly leaders like you are lead to believe. The administration is callused and unprofessional. This school has a problem with bullying, drugs,and students sleeping around; Christian Academy just does a very good job of covering this up. My advice is do not waste your time.

Posted May 22, 2012

My daughter just finished her last day at CAL last Friday. She was a student there from Kindergarden through senior. CAL is all she knows. As a child I went to Jefferson County Public schools. Watching what she was learning and how to apply this to the Christian worldviews was wonderful. Yes in a period of 13yrs we had our issues and they were taken care of. My daughter showed learning issues in elementry and began a program they offer. If was expensive, but worth it. Without that program she would not have been able to stay. Her learing development caught up with her age and things worked out fine. Yes some of the work is difficult esp. comparing to public. But remember our public schools are not getting the students to college readiness. Everytime I run into a previous CAL student and ask them how college is they say; fine so far nothing that I haven't already done at CAL. My daughter went to the English station campus in middle and high and it was different than the Rock Creek, not in a bad way just in size. . These are some of the best teachers in the state, and I state the fact that they are the LEAST paid in the state as well. They stay because they love our children and God

Posted March 6, 2012

Without going into long drawn out detail, we are very happy that our children no longer attend CAL. Having now expierenced an alternative, we have clearly been spending way more money then the school is worth. We do not have anger or animosity toward the school or staff, but the benefits of how much you pay in tuition are truly not there. After one of our children made all A's and B's at CAL, they did not even test high enough to get into the advanced classes in the public school. That is not saying very much about their high academic standards that they promote so strongly. Just be careful before you spend all that money for an avereage education.

Posted January 4, 2011

Having several children who attend CAL, both at the Rock Creek & English Station campus, I have to admit that with the amount of tution paid, you would expect more support if a child is having difficulties in some areas. The school itself, I feel, is teaching advanced methods to "Average" children and when an "average" student falls behind, there is no help unless you enroll them in the "Teach" program, which is roughly the same amount as tution alone. With such small classrooms, you would expect one on one help, but this isn't the case. I feel they push the children too hard, A LOT of pressure is put on these children. The family-feel of the school isn't as strong anymore, which has been sad to watch. This was the best thing about this school, in my opinion. It would be helpful if they would roll out extra help for those students who need it. Something is missing. Not a fan of the new F&F program, as well as many other parents. TOO much for young children. They need to focus on the CHILDREN more when it comes to learning vs. pushing them so hard. It's disappointing.

Posted October 18, 2010

Very organised, way of teaching, christ centered education. There is love and oneness among the teachers and children. Has a very encouraging Principal

Posted April 2, 2010

This school used to be very pro-student and parent friendly. But since the new principle, it has become micromanaged and more bureaucratic. It has become more like the impersonal bureaucratic big school at English Station. And check the scores against the best private schools, not the public schools. CAL is not that great of a bargain for the money. F&F curricula school system wide is a boondoggle even the teachers do not understand enough to teach. But CAL won't admit they spent all those hundreds of thousands for something that looks like it came out of DC. And 'chapel' is a joke. It is lots of shallow, 'Jesus is my superhero' stuff. Typical shallow seeker fare.

Posted September 17, 2009

High academic standards, Christian discipline, caring teachers and administration, excellent facilities

Posted September 17, 2009

Having gone to Christian Academy first through twelth grade I never realized how great of an education I was getting/. After I graduated and went to college and began meeting many different kinds of people I began to realize how advanced my education truly was. Christian Academy is an amazing school with great teachers and they try to instill good morals and values in their students.

Posted May 31, 2009

The care and attention given at CAL is beyond what I can explain. We were new to the community and school when my student joined in seventh grade. We had a mystery health issue that we became aware of and the entire staff was so accommodating with making sure her studies were available and that she understood them. We eventually had to stay at home for recovery. CAL then arranged for 'home hospital' (studies administered at the home by the local public school district). My student couldn't wait to be back with her friends and staff. The following year she was able to be at school and it was one of the most successful school years my child ever had! The love at CAL is sincere and I would recomend this school to everyone! (Kudos to the on-staff nurses who are always available and willing to help!) :o)

Posted March 12, 2007

Our children have attended this school since 1999. They have both loved it since the first day. The preschool is fantastic. Our children were more than prepared for kindergarten because of the strong cirriculum in the preschool. It's not just day care. It was this great experience that lead us to stay there for elementary school. Our children have thrived in the loving christian environment that fosters a strong academic growth. We especially like the family atmosphere at Rock Creek that is second to none. Parental envolvement is very strong and the size of the student body is just right. We would stay there through high school if possible.

Posted October 31, 2006

I have not been very impressed with the school. There is no extra help when a child needs it. If you don't stay on top of teachers and the principle nothing gets done. I would expect if a child is having trouble with learning the teacher/principle would contact the parents. That hasn't happened. We have done all the initiating. I do however like the Christian education the children receive.

Posted September 18, 2006

I have a child in preschool @ Christian Academy & have noticed a change in her. She loves this school & so do we! It is a great place for children.

Posted August 16, 2006

I have two children who attend Christian Academy of Louisville. The instruction is focused and creative. Both children have blossomed. My son's entire demeaner has changed from being fearful and angry to becoming peaceful. His teachers not only teach but encourage children to use their creative mind by engaging them in debate, art and explaining things one on one. There is an committment to excellence in the teachers, administration that goes far beyond the need or any expectations. Their deep love of children is evident when you first arrive through their willingness to listen and help. I thankful for this school everyday.

Posted July 10, 2006

My child is attending preschool there now. I haven't been too impressed. So far it all seems too chaotic and like herding of children. I'm truely disappointed.

Posted March 20, 2005

Christian Academy has been such a blessing! The Christian, Bible-based atmosphere is amplified by the loving, caring professinals that work there. Parents are very involved in the daily working of the school, and the faculty and staff truly love the students. The administration is supportive, and the surrounding are lovely. What a wonderful place to learn about God's world!
—Submitted by a teacher

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Extra learning resources offered
  • Differentiated learning programs

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

• Performing arts
  • Visual arts
  • Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Advanced placement courses
  • Honors track

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Tim Greener, Superintendent
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Tutor(s)
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Uniforms
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Volunteer time after school

Apply now

Christian Academy School System - PK, Elementary, Middle and High School - English Station, Indiana, Rock Creek and Southwest
Louisville, KY 40207