Our Savior Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 195 students

Our Savior Lutheran School is best known for its family friendly environment.

Living in Louisville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $202,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Sweep tile

Posted January 10, 2014

As an alumni I know this school well. I graduated in 94 and was in 5th grade when the school was built. Some teachers there were my teachers. While principals have come and gone the Christ based education and attentiveness from teachers hasn't changed. I wouldn't send my children to any other school. I now have two that proudly attend. Christ based education is a must in this day and age. I am impressed with the curriculum and the great education! Smart boards in every class...classes are just small enough for that one on one guidance. This school is one my dad attended back before it changed locations. It has a history of having great leaders! Wonderful school all around!!

Posted August 25, 2013

Our Savior Lutheran School is Louisville's best kept secret! The environment within the school is Christ-based, friendly, and family oriented. The teachers challenge each student to do their best, while meeting the individual needs of students. The principal makes every effort to improve the quality of the school, while listening and answering questions from parents and students. The school community includes active, involved parents who not only support the teachers and principal, but they volunteer to provide numerous opportunities for families to grow together! I'm blessed to be able to send my children to a school that values a Christian education, as well assisting in the strengthening and building of my family's traditional values!

Posted August 13, 2013

Our Savior Lutheran School strives to "teach toward tomorrow while building families in Christ'. The veteran staff work to make learning a worthwhile journey for everyone. In this my 9th year on staff and 12th year as a parent, I know I wouldn't want my family to be any other place. 'Come and See' what we have to offer. Many parents leave referring to us as the 'best kept secret' in Louisville. Help us spread the secret.

Posted August 12, 2013

OSLS is an excellent school! The principal knows every child by name! My child struggled at his previous school. Our Savior teachers cared about my child and helped him to become a child who actually wanted to come to school! I am so thankful for the commitment and the ministry of the school and its teachers.

Posted April 8, 2013

The concept of a three way partnership is an important part of the way most parochial schools work. Unfortunately, over the years I have seen a decline in communication with the staff and parents at Our Savior Lutheran School. Typically with a smaller class size the teachers should be able to address that learning issue on the spot, rather than waiting weeks or months to fix it. Most parents want their children to have as much personal attention as possible. I'm finding the teachers are not taking the time to work through the struggles nor involving the parents.

Posted March 15, 2013

Even though the class sizes are small the school is lacking a personal approach. Teachers and staff should spend time with the students not texting during the day.

Posted July 13, 2012

I have two children attending Our Savior and am impressed with the entire faculty and staff. The school has made technological advancements by adding smart boards in every class room. For the middle school children, tablet computers have been introduced which interact with the smart boards. The curriculum is top-notch and the music program, as well as the teacher, are amazing. We are blessed to have our children in this loving, Christian atmosphere.

Posted April 22, 2012

I have have one at Our Savior now and another one that has moved on to Trinity. I am so very pleased with both their education. My oldest was completely ready for the AP program at Trinity and is now a Junior. He will be very ready to attend college after his Senior year and I believe it is because of the great foundation he received at Our Savior. My youngest will be there for a few more years and I am very much looking forward to watching him continue to excel as well. The teachers are very caring and concerned about each of the children. We still receive "Birthday Cards" and "Good Luck this coming Year" cards from my oldest boys teacher. Even though he is now a Junior he still gets a smile on his face when he gets these in the mail. Not only is the education top notch but the staff that presents the material I can not say enough great things about them all. Teachers make an at home visit before the start of the school year to each child so that they can meet their teacher in what is their comfort zone. I would recommend this school to anyone entering pre-school or those just beginning to enter the middle school years. Wonderful and caring Principal and staff!!!

Posted January 31, 2012

Our kids have attended Our Savior Lutheran School since preschool (now they are in 3rd and 6th grade). The christ-centered education is wonderful, and all the teachers are very caring and good at their jobs. We love it!

Posted April 16, 2010

If you want a school where your child knows everyone, your teacher sends you (the parent) a birthday card and the principle is available to meet you when you walk in without an appointment - this is the school for you. I was concerned about my son's ability to succeed when he started Kindergarten and the small class size and individual attention is what brought us to OSLS. Now my son is getting straight A's and has developed into a child that can handle almost any challenge he is given.

Posted April 15, 2010

Excellent school with top-notch teachers, a nurturing environment and strong academics.

Posted April 14, 2010

Our two children are at Our Savior and we couldn't be happier. It is a small environment and all of the teachers become familiar with all of the families. We have only been there a short time but I wish that we had spent all of our elementary years there.

Posted February 19, 2010

My son started kindergarten this year and has an absolutely great experience. The teachers are warm and caring. The curriculm is top-notch.

Posted January 19, 2010

My son has had a fabulous experience so far in the past three years he has been at Our Savior. The atmosphere is welcoming and his teachers continue to demonstrate their care and love for him in many different ways. If you want a caring, Christian, academically-challenging environment, then Our Savior is the right place for your children.

Posted September 7, 2009

Fabulous school with caring, loving teachers.

Posted May 15, 2009

Very Sucky Principle and DIcipline!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted December 8, 2008

As much as we loved the school, we also thought there should be more discipline in the middle school grades- mostly the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade classes of the 08-09 school year. our children went there four years and loved it except for some of the childrens' attitudes in these grade levels. Thanks OSLS for everything you did to prepare our children to a new higher academic school!

Posted January 21, 2008

I love Our Savior. I like scool especially our math teacher. He made math easier for me. And I love basketball. It is totally awesome.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 4, 2007

Louisville's best kept secret. Great school! The quality of the education is outstanding.

Posted May 30, 2007

Our Savior's a great school! The small classes and environment make it easier for children to learn!

Two or more races 3% N/A
Asian 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:15 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Mr. Martin Brieschke
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Fax number
  • (502) 394-0648

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Art teacher(s)
  • Computer specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher

Media arts
  • Computer animation
  • Technical design and production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • American Heritage Girls

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Ballard High School