PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

Supports LD students: Agree

I don't know the exact answer to this question. I do think they effectively support students with learning difficulties. However, I don't think they have special education staff. They have a great program and are more concerned with the needs of the child than making the child fit to an inflexible program. But, I would recommend calling the office. Don't pass them by without asking.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The leadership at OSLS is exemplary, otherwise, the school would not be so effective. It is well run and organized. They have put a great curriculum and teaching methods in place.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The students are taught from a Biblical, Christian worldview. The teachers and staff are good role-models and convey moral values and expectations.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at OSLS are impressively effective with the curriculum and their teaching methods.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

We are new to OSLS and at first it was an adjustment to the expectations. But, the teachers were patient and as our child learned what needed to be done and developed the basic needed skills, that were not covered at a previous school, our child now sails through her homework.

We are new to Our Savior Lutheran School and we highly recommend this school. Though we are not Lutheran, we have been welcomed and made to feel at home. To us, the most important thing is that they teach a solid Biblical curriculum –Route 66. (I have talked to many people of different Biblical persuasions that also use this curriculum.) We are also highly impressed with the academics at OSLS and amazed at all our child is learning -things I didn't learn until high school or college. They have a rigorous academic curriculum but it is done with grace. By that I mean that there are enough assignments that if a student has an off day and makes one bad grade, they can pull up the overall grade with hard work. Some teachers offer extra credit work, now and then, too. Critical thinking skills are integrated into the curriculum. This is a small school with big school amenities, opportunities, and organization. I get the impression, from the books, materials, and personal laptops that no expense is spared to make sure the students get the best education that can be provided. We wish we had found OSLS sooner. They have the motto, "Come & See." If you are looking for a school, I invite you to "Come & See." OSLS is a great Biblical and academic experience at an amazingly affordable price. I'm so glad someone told me about this school. People who know me know that I wouldn't say it, if I didn't believe it. -Parent who is grateful to God

Develops character: Strongly agree

At Our Savior, you will find a Christ-based education. This permeates the school. In our first year at OSLS, our Kindergartener played basketball in after-school care with 8th graders--8th graders that were kind enough to show him the game and gently remind him of his manners! When I witnessed their compassion and willingness to play with him, I was sold!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are invested in the students and their needs. We have seen teachers modify their teaching techniques based on class size, differentiated learning paces within a class or to by the calendar year to help prep students for the expectations of the next year's teacher/classroom.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework at this school has the right balance of pushing students to achieve more, while not overwhelming them.

We have kids ranging from 5th grade through pre-school at Our Savior. This school has a close family atmosphere. The elementary academics gradually step students up, preparing them to be independent learners as they approach the middle school (6-8) program. Here you find students that are overall caring, inclusive and focused. Their buddy system allows older students to connect with younger students and provide solid mentoring opportunities. From home visits by teachers to start off the school year to strong reading programs with volunteer readers at the early reading stages, this school continues to meet or exceed our expectations. There is no doubt that the smaller classroom size makes a significant difference in the foundational learning our children receive vs. other school options.

Last modified Our Savior Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8