Louisville, KY
Before care: Yes

Posted January 10, 2014
As an alumni I know this school well. I graduated in 94 and was in 5th grade when the school was built. Some teachers there were my teachers. While principals have come and gone the Christ based education and attentiveness from teachers hasn't changed. I wouldn't send my children to any other school. I now have two that proudly attend. Christ based education is a must in this day and age. I am impressed with the curriculum and the great education! Smart boards in every class...classes are just small enough for that one on one guidance. This school is one my dad attended back before it changed locations. It has a history of having great leaders! Wonderful school all around!!

Posted August 25, 2013
Our Savior Lutheran School is Louisville's best kept secret! The environment within the school is Christ-based, friendly, and family oriented. The teachers challenge each student to do their best, while meeting the individual needs of students. The principal makes every effort to improve the quality of the school, while listening and answering questions from parents and students. The school community includes active, involved parents who not only support the teachers and principal, but they volunteer to provide numerous opportunities for families to grow together! I'm blessed to be able to send my children to a school that values a Christian education, as well assisting in the strengthening and building of my family's traditional values!

Posted August 13, 2013
Our Savior Lutheran School strives to "teach toward tomorrow while building families in Christ'. The veteran staff work to make learning a worthwhile journey for everyone. In this my 9th year on staff and 12th year as a parent, I know I wouldn't want my family to be any other place. 'Come and See' what we have to offer. Many parents leave referring to us as the 'best kept secret' in Louisville. Help us spread the secret.

Posted August 12, 2013
OSLS is an excellent school! The principal knows every child by name! My child struggled at his previous school. Our Savior teachers cared about my child and helped him to become a child who actually wanted to come to school! I am so thankful for the commitment and the ministry of the school and its teachers.

Our Savior Lutheran School 2

Posted April 08, 2013
The concept of a three way partnership is an important part of the way most parochial schools work. Unfortunately, over the years I have seen a decline in communication with the staff and parents at Our Savior Lutheran School. Typically with a smaller class size the teachers should be able to address that learning issue on the spot, rather than waiting weeks or months to fix it. Most parents want their children to have as much personal attention as possible. I'm finding the teachers are not taking the time to work through the struggles nor involving the parents.

Our Savior Lutheran School 3

Posted March 15, 2013
Even though the class sizes are small the school is lacking a personal approach. Teachers and staff should spend time with the students not texting during the day.

Posted July 13, 2012
I have two children attending Our Savior and am impressed with the entire faculty and staff. The school has made technological advancements by adding smart boards in every class room. For the middle school children, tablet computers have been introduced which interact with the smart boards. The curriculum is top-notch and the music program, as well as the teacher, are amazing. We are blessed to have our children in this loving, Christian atmosphere.

Posted April 22, 2012
I have have one at Our Savior now and another one that has moved on to Trinity. I am so very pleased with both their education. My oldest was completely ready for the AP program at Trinity and is now a Junior. He will be very ready to attend college after his Senior year and I believe it is because of the great foundation he received at Our Savior. My youngest will be there for a few more years and I am very much looking forward to watching him continue to excel as well. The teachers are very caring and concerned about each of the children. We still receive "Birthday Cards" and "Good Luck this coming Year" cards from my oldest boys teacher. Even though he is now a Junior he still gets a smile on his face when he gets these in the mail. Not only is the education top notch but the staff that presents the material I can not say enough great things about them all. Teachers make an at home visit before the start of the school year to each child so that they can meet their teacher in what is their comfort zone. I would recommend this school to anyone entering pre-school or those just beginning to enter the middle school years. Wonderful and caring Principal and staff!!!

Posted January 31, 2012
Our kids have attended Our Savior Lutheran School since preschool (now they are in 3rd and 6th grade). The christ-centered education is wonderful, and all the teachers are very caring and good at their jobs. We love it!

Posted April 16, 2010
If you want a school where your child knows everyone, your teacher sends you (the parent) a birthday card and the principle is available to meet you when you walk in without an appointment - this is the school for you. I was concerned about my son's ability to succeed when he started Kindergarten and the small class size and individual attention is what brought us to OSLS. Now my son is getting straight A's and has developed into a child that can handle almost any challenge he is given.

Our Savior Lutheran School
8307 Nottingham Pkwy, Louisville, KY  40222
Last modified Our Savior Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Savior Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top