PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

We were very disappointed by the JCPS school we were attending. After the school year ended, we searching high and low for a good fit for our family. When I stumbled on Our Savior, I wondered why I had never heard of it and started more in depth research. I came across several reviews. Louisville's best kept secret kept coming up... and thought the statement was probably written by a staff member looking for enrollment... After looking at few other area schools we visited Our Savior "aka" OSLS. We had a great visit along with a home visit from the teacher before school started. This GEM of a school is "Louisville's best kept secret" for sure!!! If you are looking for a faith based education with small class sizes in a warm and caring atmosphere with top academics, you have found it! Reasonable tuition with funding backed by the church. Our family is not Lutheran or Catholic and we more than fit in here. As a matter of fact, about 50% of student body is not Lutheran. I figure if you are reading this, you are looking for a new school and I hope this review has helped in your search. You owe your children a visit to this school. :)

Our Kindergarten student struggled with reading early on, but the dedicated efforts of her teachers and the encouragement of volunteer readers (they were AWESOME!) helped her to blossom as a second grade reader. She was the first in her second grade class to earn 100 Accelerated Reader points in a quarter!

I am a parent of two boys. My oldest graduated from Our Savior last year and is now doing very well in High School. My youngest is still in elementary school at OSLS. Both my wife and I attended public school in Missouri where we grew up, so we never dreamed we would have kids in private school. We absolutely could not be happier with the quality education and Christian Foundation that are boys have received at Our Savior. Compared to other private schools, it is also more affordable. I would highly recommend this school.

I love Our Savior! Our children are getting a great, well-rounded education and feel a part of a school family that cares about them. Highly recommend!

As an alumni I know this school well. I graduated in 94 and was in 5th grade when the school was built. Some teachers there were my teachers. While principals have come and gone the Christ based education and attentiveness from teachers hasn't changed. I wouldn't send my children to any other school. I now have two that proudly attend. Christ based education is a must in this day and age. I am impressed with the curriculum and the great education! Smart boards in every class...classes are just small enough for that one on one guidance. This school is one my dad attended back before it changed locations. It has a history of having great leaders! Wonderful school all around!!

Our Savior Lutheran School is Louisville's best kept secret! The environment within the school is Christ-based, friendly, and family oriented. The teachers challenge each student to do their best, while meeting the individual needs of students. The principal makes every effort to improve the quality of the school, while listening and answering questions from parents and students. The school community includes active, involved parents who not only support the teachers and principal, but they volunteer to provide numerous opportunities for families to grow together! I'm blessed to be able to send my children to a school that values a Christian education, as well assisting in the strengthening and building of my family's traditional values!

Our Savior Lutheran School strives to "teach toward tomorrow while building families in Christ'. The veteran staff work to make learning a worthwhile journey for everyone. In this my 9th year on staff and 12th year as a parent, I know I wouldn't want my family to be any other place. 'Come and See' what we have to offer. Many parents leave referring to us as the 'best kept secret' in Louisville. Help us spread the secret.

OSLS is an excellent school! The principal knows every child by name! My child struggled at his previous school. Our Savior teachers cared about my child and helped him to become a child who actually wanted to come to school! I am so thankful for the commitment and the ministry of the school and its teachers.

The concept of a three way partnership is an important part of the way most parochial schools work. Unfortunately, over the years I have seen a decline in communication with the staff and parents at Our Savior Lutheran School. Typically with a smaller class size the teachers should be able to address that learning issue on the spot, rather than waiting weeks or months to fix it. Most parents want their children to have as much personal attention as possible. I'm finding the teachers are not taking the time to work through the struggles nor involving the parents.

Even though the class sizes are small the school is lacking a personal approach. Teachers and staff should spend time with the students not texting during the day.

Last modified Our Savior Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8