PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We've been here since JK, and now have a 6th grader and freshman. The diverse curriculum, caring environment, and extra curricular opportunities have helped our children grow in ways that we never could have imagined. We are so grateful for such an amazing place!

KCD offers the best academically in the state of KY . A family feeling exudes from the campus . They want the very best for our kids and give that to them each day . I am loving being a Bearcat the 2nd time around . Once as a student now as a parent .I am a Bearcat for life .

Such a well rounded education rich in the arts, athletics and academics. Wonderful community and supportive teachers and parents. Very good at communication (Both the good and bad).

I have two students at KCD. One is currently in middle school, the other is in lower school. As a proud product of the public school system, I never expected to send my kids to private school. In fact, I used to poke gentle fun at people who paid tuition for Kindergarten. Then I had my own kids. My older son began K in a different school. We soon began noticing that it wasn't the right fit for him. He moved to KCD mid-year and we've never looked back. My kids have different learning interests and styles. The faculty at KCD has met their needs and exceeded my expectations at every turn. Every day my children have the opportunity to excel academically, play sports, and participate in Fine Arts. The faculty is caring and knowledgeable. The parents are involved and willing to volunteer. KCD is a great community!

I expect more from a private school than what the local public schools offer. The only good is that your children can hang out with other kids from "decent" families - upper middle or rich. Teachers are hit or miss, the school is not able to keep current with the trends in education despite the laptop program. The high school may be slightly better but the middle and lower schools are a hogwash, where the admissions staff mask several administrative issues and if it weren't for Asian kids, even the academics wouldn't look as good. Athletics are not as competitive as other big name schools, so there is the rehash of old results. Fundraising is constant and it appears the funds are going more toward hiring administrative people than to teachers. Parents' involvement also varies, not much better than public schools (given the size). The lack of dress policy is another issue. Makes us wonder if there are other schools to consider, I guess the only plus is near the east end.

My daughter is now attending kindergarten after completing pre-K last year at KCD. Overall I like KCD and so does she. She enjoys going to school there and gets truly upset if she misses a day. The teacher/teacher assistants have always kept me engaged with her studies and how she is doing. My involvement is continually solicited which is great as parents should be involved with their students education. I also enjoy the fact that there are several after school programs available for my daughter including Bearcat Den. The teachers in these programs have also been very helpful as well. It appears that KCD is also doing a great job of embracing diversity within their student body. While I know that the cost is quite high, I don't worry about her education.

I love this school, has been going since kindergarten, I will never change schools. It has taght me sooo much!

The teachers seem to to a good job with the kids, but more feedback is recommended. Ask me what my child in the lower school has done in science and I have no idea. When u ask the teacher, she will refer you to a website of the school, but that doesn't really give you much. Maybe in 3rd or 4th grade it's different. But overall a good job with education. The reason for 3 stars is lack of vision by the school. They are simply focused on fundraising. Everyday is a nauseating email to give to this or that. If it was balanced with emails about their academic vision, I would be ok with fundraising. Another reason for the 3 stars is the lunch. Let's just say it's a step up from fast food. The kids eat horribly. Everyday, they all get a desert. Today, it was hotdogs. KCD, here's what you need to do. Make the kids bring their lunch and if they want to pay for a hotdog, chocolate milk and a desert , then so be it. Then, you could save yourself the $625,000 (yes, the school actually had a sign on the carpool line that they spend this much on feeding kids as part of their fundraising). If you save the 625k, then you could stop acting so desperate for money and focus on education.

Kentucky Country Day School has excellent teachers and leadership! The atmosphere is positive and encouraging. KCD's motto "Citizen, Scholar, Steward" is integrated into the curriculum and overall KCD experience, preparing even their youngest students to reach their academic potential and be productive and contributing members of society. The children have a wide variety of opportunities in the arts and athletics. The drama and musical productions are phenomenal as is the strings orchestra. I'm so glad that my daughter has the opportunity to attend this wonderful school.

KCD had been amazing for both of my children. I have one in the middle school and one in the high school. There are many options from sports to theater arts to the many clubs that the children can get involved. The classroom sizes, teachers and overall education is well worth the money for our family. Keep up the great work KCD!

Last modified Kentucky Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12