Louisville, KY

Kentucky Country Day School 3

Posted February 04, 2015
The teachers seem to to a good job with the kids, but more feedback is recommended. Ask me what my child in the lower school has done in science and I have no idea. When u ask the teacher, she will refer you to a website of the school, but that doesn't really give you much. Maybe in 3rd or 4th grade it's different. But overall a good job with education. The reason for 3 stars is lack of vision by the school. They are simply focused on fundraising. Everyday is a nauseating email to give to this or that. If it was balanced with emails about their academic vision, I would be ok with fundraising. Another reason for the 3 stars is the lunch. Let's just say it's a step up from fast food. The kids eat horribly. Everyday, they all get a desert. Today, it was hotdogs. KCD, here's what you need to do. Make the kids bring their lunch and if they want to pay for a hotdog, chocolate milk and a desert , then so be it. Then, you could save yourself the $625,000 (yes, the school actually had a sign on the carpool line that they spend this much on feeding kids as part of their fundraising). If you save the 625k, then you could stop acting so desperate for money and focus on education.

Posted April 18, 2014
Kentucky Country Day School has excellent teachers and leadership! The atmosphere is positive and encouraging. KCD's motto "Citizen, Scholar, Steward" is integrated into the curriculum and overall KCD experience, preparing even their youngest students to reach their academic potential and be productive and contributing members of society. The children have a wide variety of opportunities in the arts and athletics. The drama and musical productions are phenomenal as is the strings orchestra. I'm so glad that my daughter has the opportunity to attend this wonderful school.

Posted April 17, 2014
KCD had been amazing for both of my children. I have one in the middle school and one in the high school. There are many options from sports to theater arts to the many clubs that the children can get involved. The classroom sizes, teachers and overall education is well worth the money for our family. Keep up the great work KCD!

Posted April 08, 2014
My son attended KCD Kindergarten through graduation. I can't say enough good things about this school. The teachers, the close-knit community, the general feeling of caring throughout the school was just so special. I was shocked to read some of the negative reviews on this website which is why I'm submitting this review. My son was a very quiet, shy Kindergartener who flourished in the smaller class sizes throughout his years at KCD. He was constantly encouraged both academically and socially. He graduated as a National Merit Finalist and earned a full 4-yr college scholarship. He's currently in his first year of Medical School. I can honestly say that Kentucky Country Day School gave him the foundation to be the successful young man he is today.

Posted April 02, 2014
This school is full of a bunch of bullies and kids that are not very kind. I shadowed this school and was disgusted by the behavior and education. In math class we had one problem to work on all day. ALL DAY. I am a happy student at Louisville Collegiate School. LCS is a much better choice. We dont have cheaters or bullies. Our education is far beyond what KCD could imagine. Collegiate is viewed as a school that only has rich snobs, we are not snobs. We work to promote diversity and happiness. Our head of school, is the best one in the world. He has exceeded expectations even though this is his first year. Collegiate is the best school in Kentucky. It is a no-brainer to come to Collegiate. A safe, smart, and diverse school fit for any kid with any needs.

Kentucky Country Day School 1

Posted March 12, 2014
this is funny all these people talk about how great the teachers are and the school and their curriculum. I guess if you dont want your child to believe in GOD it is a good place to go. or if you want your child to be taught to be a bully and think and act like they are better than everyone else then its a great school. if your want to teach your childrent to cheat at sports its a good place to go as well.

Posted December 10, 2013
In response to the user who said that KCD does not accommodate students with ADD/ADHD- that is completely and absolutely not true. I have moderate ADD, and accommadations were and still are made for me without drawing any attention to it. A close friend of mine has pretty severe ADHD, and the same solutions were offered to her as well.

Posted August 16, 2012
incredible campus, academics, athletics and arts. The real deal! The best theater in east Louisville and a regional leader in technology.

Kentucky Country Day School 2

Posted July 31, 2012
I went to KCD from kindergarten till 6th grade. The years in kindergarten trough 4th were great, but then going into 5th grade I was started to b bullied an it was harsh and I was bullied even worse in 6th grade because a new student arrived and joined the bullies and made me feel even worse about my self. I would recomend it for lower school but in middle school is when u start being bullied. Oh and in middle school the teachers start to not care as much they leave you on you own and don't try to help and if u have ADD or ADHD, they will act like they care and let you take test in the library but there are always classes going on in there so its just as noisy! So I would not recomend this for middle school but would for lower school. -Former KCD student

Posted April 30, 2012
I have been part of the KCD community for seven years now. I went to a public school before that, and I must say, I can't imagine there is a better school. I have been a part of seven plays, and have won five state championships for sports since I have been here. The teachers are amazing and can help whenever you need it. We are all so close, and I don't know anyone that I would want to leave the school. We all know we get made fun of for being "white rich kids," but we know that we also have the opportunity to go to the best school in this area. In many of the sports I play, KCD offers extra programs where we meet kids from all the other schools interested in that sport as well. I am so blessed to be here, and I never want to have to leave.

Kentucky Country Day School
4100 Springdale Rd, Louisville, KY  40241
Last modified Kentucky Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Kentucky Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top