Louisville, KY

Posted March 11, 2015
My daughter is now attending kindergarten after completing pre-K last year at KCD. Overall I like KCD and so does she. She enjoys going to school there and gets truly upset if she misses a day. The teacher/teacher assistants have always kept me engaged with her studies and how she is doing. My involvement is continually solicited which is great as parents should be involved with their students education. I also enjoy the fact that there are several after school programs available for my daughter including Bearcat Den. The teachers in these programs have also been very helpful as well. It appears that KCD is also doing a great job of embracing diversity within their student body. While I know that the cost is quite high, I don't worry about her education.

Posted March 03, 2015
I love this school, has been going since kindergarten, I will never change schools. It has taght me sooo much!

Kentucky Country Day School 3

Posted February 04, 2015
The teachers seem to to a good job with the kids, but more feedback is recommended. Ask me what my child in the lower school has done in science and I have no idea. When u ask the teacher, she will refer you to a website of the school, but that doesn't really give you much. Maybe in 3rd or 4th grade it's different. But overall a good job with education. The reason for 3 stars is lack of vision by the school. They are simply focused on fundraising. Everyday is a nauseating email to give to this or that. If it was balanced with emails about their academic vision, I would be ok with fundraising. Another reason for the 3 stars is the lunch. Let's just say it's a step up from fast food. The kids eat horribly. Everyday, they all get a desert. Today, it was hotdogs. KCD, here's what you need to do. Make the kids bring their lunch and if they want to pay for a hotdog, chocolate milk and a desert , then so be it. Then, you could save yourself the $625,000 (yes, the school actually had a sign on the carpool line that they spend this much on feeding kids as part of their fundraising). If you save the 625k, then you could stop acting so desperate for money and focus on education.

Posted April 18, 2014
Kentucky Country Day School has excellent teachers and leadership! The atmosphere is positive and encouraging. KCD's motto "Citizen, Scholar, Steward" is integrated into the curriculum and overall KCD experience, preparing even their youngest students to reach their academic potential and be productive and contributing members of society. The children have a wide variety of opportunities in the arts and athletics. The drama and musical productions are phenomenal as is the strings orchestra. I'm so glad that my daughter has the opportunity to attend this wonderful school.

Posted April 17, 2014
KCD had been amazing for both of my children. I have one in the middle school and one in the high school. There are many options from sports to theater arts to the many clubs that the children can get involved. The classroom sizes, teachers and overall education is well worth the money for our family. Keep up the great work KCD!

Posted April 08, 2014
My son attended KCD Kindergarten through graduation. I can't say enough good things about this school. The teachers, the close-knit community, the general feeling of caring throughout the school was just so special. I was shocked to read some of the negative reviews on this website which is why I'm submitting this review. My son was a very quiet, shy Kindergartener who flourished in the smaller class sizes throughout his years at KCD. He was constantly encouraged both academically and socially. He graduated as a National Merit Finalist and earned a full 4-yr college scholarship. He's currently in his first year of Medical School. I can honestly say that Kentucky Country Day School gave him the foundation to be the successful young man he is today.

Posted April 02, 2014
This school is full of a bunch of bullies and kids that are not very kind. I shadowed this school and was disgusted by the behavior and education. In math class we had one problem to work on all day. ALL DAY. I am a happy student at Louisville Collegiate School. LCS is a much better choice. We dont have cheaters or bullies. Our education is far beyond what KCD could imagine. Collegiate is viewed as a school that only has rich snobs, we are not snobs. We work to promote diversity and happiness. Our head of school, is the best one in the world. He has exceeded expectations even though this is his first year. Collegiate is the best school in Kentucky. It is a no-brainer to come to Collegiate. A safe, smart, and diverse school fit for any kid with any needs.

Kentucky Country Day School 1

Posted March 12, 2014
this is funny all these people talk about how great the teachers are and the school and their curriculum. I guess if you dont want your child to believe in GOD it is a good place to go. or if you want your child to be taught to be a bully and think and act like they are better than everyone else then its a great school. if your want to teach your childrent to cheat at sports its a good place to go as well.

Posted December 10, 2013
In response to the user who said that KCD does not accommodate students with ADD/ADHD- that is completely and absolutely not true. I have moderate ADD, and accommadations were and still are made for me without drawing any attention to it. A close friend of mine has pretty severe ADHD, and the same solutions were offered to her as well.

Posted August 16, 2012
incredible campus, academics, athletics and arts. The real deal! The best theater in east Louisville and a regional leader in technology.

Kentucky Country Day School
4100 Springdale Rd, Louisville, KY  40241
Last modified Kentucky Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Kentucky Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top