Posted April 18, 2014
Kentucky Country Day School has excellent teachers and leadership! The atmosphere is positive and encouraging. KCD's motto "Citizen, Scholar, Steward" is integrated into the curriculum and overall KCD experience, preparing even their youngest students to reach their academic potential and be productive and contributing members of society. The children have a wide variety of opportunities in the arts and athletics. The drama and musical productions are phenomenal as is the strings orchestra. I'm so glad that my daughter has the opportunity to attend this wonderful school.

Posted April 17, 2014
KCD had been amazing for both of my children. I have one in the middle school and one in the high school. There are many options from sports to theater arts to the many clubs that the children can get involved. The classroom sizes, teachers and overall education is well worth the money for our family. Keep up the great work KCD!

Posted April 08, 2014
My son attended KCD Kindergarten through graduation. I can't say enough good things about this school. The teachers, the close-knit community, the general feeling of caring throughout the school was just so special. I was shocked to read some of the negative reviews on this website which is why I'm submitting this review. My son was a very quiet, shy Kindergartener who flourished in the smaller class sizes throughout his years at KCD. He was constantly encouraged both academically and socially. He graduated as a National Merit Finalist and earned a full 4-yr college scholarship. He's currently in his first year of Medical School. I can honestly say that Kentucky Country Day School gave him the foundation to be the successful young man he is today.

Posted April 02, 2014
This school is full of a bunch of bullies and kids that are not very kind. I shadowed this school and was disgusted by the behavior and education. In math class we had one problem to work on all day. ALL DAY. I am a happy student at Louisville Collegiate School. LCS is a much better choice. We dont have cheaters or bullies. Our education is far beyond what KCD could imagine. Collegiate is viewed as a school that only has rich snobs, we are not snobs. We work to promote diversity and happiness. Our head of school, is the best one in the world. He has exceeded expectations even though this is his first year. Collegiate is the best school in Kentucky. It is a no-brainer to come to Collegiate. A safe, smart, and diverse school fit for any kid with any needs.

Kentucky Country Day School 1

Posted March 12, 2014
this is funny all these people talk about how great the teachers are and the school and their curriculum. I guess if you dont want your child to believe in GOD it is a good place to go. or if you want your child to be taught to be a bully and think and act like they are better than everyone else then its a great school. if your want to teach your childrent to cheat at sports its a good place to go as well.

Posted December 10, 2013
In response to the user who said that KCD does not accommodate students with ADD/ADHD- that is completely and absolutely not true. I have moderate ADD, and accommadations were and still are made for me without drawing any attention to it. A close friend of mine has pretty severe ADHD, and the same solutions were offered to her as well.

Posted August 16, 2012
incredible campus, academics, athletics and arts. The real deal! The best theater in east Louisville and a regional leader in technology.

Kentucky Country Day School 2

Posted July 31, 2012
I went to KCD from kindergarten till 6th grade. The years in kindergarten trough 4th were great, but then going into 5th grade I was started to b bullied an it was harsh and I was bullied even worse in 6th grade because a new student arrived and joined the bullies and made me feel even worse about my self. I would recomend it for lower school but in middle school is when u start being bullied. Oh and in middle school the teachers start to not care as much they leave you on you own and don't try to help and if u have ADD or ADHD, they will act like they care and let you take test in the library but there are always classes going on in there so its just as noisy! So I would not recomend this for middle school but would for lower school. -Former KCD student

Posted April 30, 2012
I have been part of the KCD community for seven years now. I went to a public school before that, and I must say, I can't imagine there is a better school. I have been a part of seven plays, and have won five state championships for sports since I have been here. The teachers are amazing and can help whenever you need it. We are all so close, and I don't know anyone that I would want to leave the school. We all know we get made fun of for being "white rich kids," but we know that we also have the opportunity to go to the best school in this area. In many of the sports I play, KCD offers extra programs where we meet kids from all the other schools interested in that sport as well. I am so blessed to be here, and I never want to have to leave.

Posted January 12, 2012
My daughter received an outstanding education at Kentucky Country Day. She is prepared for any college that she decides to attend. The school has a close knit family feel lacking at larger public schools. The teachers are available for extra help if a student needs it. There has been very little of the school problems that could derail a child's education, such as bullying, drugs and alcohol. I do not know of any teenage pregnancy problems in the K-11 years my daughter has attended. Not having to worry about social issues clouding my child's education has been a major comfort in my life.

Kentucky Country Day School
4100 Springdale Rd, Louisville, KY  40241
Last modified Kentucky Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Kentucky Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top