Louisville, KY

Posted April 08, 2014
Heuser is by and far the best school my daughter could have ever attended. I'm really happy it is here. I have seen her blossom in a way I never anticipated. The teachers are all wonderful. Linda, who is almost always at the front desk, is absolutely amazing. I came here a stranger, and when my little one ages out, we will leave as family. They have made having a special needs child easier. (My daughter has global delays.) When we lived in another state, I was given an audiogram. They called it the speech banana. Then, I moved here and became acquainted with the staff. I learned that that diagram had been created by a member of the Heuser staff to help parents better understand their child's hearing loss. I would give this school more stars if they let me.

Posted February 26, 2010
The Louisville Deaf Oral School teaches deaf children to talk. Our daughter started receiving services at age 8 months, once her diagnosis was confirmed. She mainstreamed at 1st grade to a public school classroom. She now has bilateral cochlear implants. She is a cheerleader and plays the piano and clarinet. We love LDOS!

Posted May 27, 2008
The Louisville Deaf Oral School is a phenominal school. My son was deaf at birth but regained his hearing by the time he was one year of age. His language development was severely delayed due to his inability to hear effectively until around 12 months of age. My son attended LDOS in the toddler class when he turned two years of age. He was in this class for the entire second year of his life. When he turned three years old the public school system recognized the remarkable work that was being done at LDOS for hearing children with limited speech. When Isaac was three he had five words, when he left LDOS at four years of age he had the vocabulary of a 5 year old. I attribute this to small class size, intense work on the part of the teachers and their methodologies of working with the children.

Posted November 29, 2007
This is an outstanding school for children who are deaf or hard of hearing. My son attended here from age 2 until he graduated at age 6. The staff is outstanding! It was the shelter from the storm when we learned that our son was deaf. During his time there he had surgery for the cochlear implant and the staff immediatly jumped in to help him use it as effectively as possible. I can't say enough good things about this place! As a family, we will be eternally grateful for the experiences and love that our son recieved at LDOS.

Posted February 11, 2005
LDOS is an amazing place for children with hearing impairment. Their Parent/Infant Program is incrediblly helpful, their pre-school classes are top notch. We are looking forward to Kindergarten. The facility itself it top of the line. You couldn't ask for anything better. The staff are very helpful and know all of the children. The classes are small, so there is lots of indivdual interaction witht he children, as well as lots of communication with parents. This school is an outstanding example of what our community has to offer for children with special needs.

Heuser Hearing And Language Academy
111 East Kentucky St, Louisville, KY  40203
(502) 636-2084
Last modified Heuser Hearing And Language Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-3
Heuser Hearing And Language Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top