Louisville, KY

Posted November 20, 2014
Jefferson County High School gave me the confidence and self esteem that I so desperately needed. I was in a bad relationship and then bullied at the regular high school I was attending, and fell behind with school from battling depression. I transferred here as a last resort and it was the best decision I have ever made. The teachers were beyond outstanding and supportive. They not only cared about my academics, but what I was going through personally. They mended my broken self esteem and pushed me to work hard. Even the security guard was encouraging every day, would ask about my grades and would stay on me to keep my attendance up. This school helped me turn things around and saved me from taking "the easy way out" and settling for a GED. Finishing high school and walking across that stage on Graduation Day despite the personal obstacles I was facing is still one of my proudest accomplishments to this day. I would strongly encourage any parent whose child may be struggling in that "normal" school setting to put their faith and trust into the staff at Jefferson County High School. I don't know where I would be today if it hadn't been for this program!

Posted January 05, 2010
I attended JCHS starting my Junior year and finished both my Junior and Senior year in about nine months. I wasn't a bad student, or behind, but felt that other high schools didn't focus on the learning. I was happy to be able to move at my own pace and not lolly gag around. I highly recommend this alternative.

Posted January 05, 2009
This program has been a godsend for my son, he was behind, now he is catching up and has improved his self esteem. This is a wonderful program for students who have fallen behind for whatever reason. It's never too late !!
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 20, 2008
This school is really excellent

Jefferson County High School 4

Posted September 25, 2006
So far, so good! Jefferson County High School is an alternative school for children who have not succeeded in other learning environments. My Grandson is attending the school beginning this year. Students learn and move ahead at their own pace using workbooks, self tests, etc. They can accelerate if they are able. School sessions are in 3 hour time blocks and can accommodate work schedules. There are credits allowed for work experience. Discipline seems to be good and students must attend class on a very regular attendance or they will be dismissed. For many of these kids it is their last chance to succeed at getting a high school diploma.
2 people found this helpful

Jefferson County High School
900 South Floyd St, Louisville, KY  40203
Last modified Jefferson County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12
Jefferson County High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top