PK-9|Private

Bad
Good

This school has been all three of my children's school and they have never been anywhere else. I'm glad to say I have been a proud parent for 11 years and this school has taught my children so much. So much so that my oldest daughter graduated and got accepted into duPont Manual High School, the number one school in this state and one of the top in this country. Without Nur Islamic School's rigorous curriculum, ways of teaching, and class sizes, my daughter would have not have had the experiences in school she now has and I'm glad to say with Nur Islamic School, she actually had one of the best years of her life because she wasn't struggling and I strongly believe Nur Islamic School is responsible for that. She will now be a sophomore and my other two daughters will be in the with and sixth grade. I strongly recommend this school for anyone who is unsure whether to send their child to this school to really think about it because it is one of the best schools around.

Indeed NISL is a raw model for how islamic schools and communityes should be. My two daughters go to NISL. Their older brother used to go to public schools and having experiencing both environments I can tell that It was the right decision to put my daughters at NISL. I remember my constant prayers when my son rides on the school bus heading to his school, the constant fear on him, the pressure of his non muslim peers which hindered him from focusing well in his course of study. Now, I don't have to go through all of this with my daughters, they are relaxed being in an islamic environment, they don't feel the pressure to be like this or that, they developped a sense of being themselves and they are excelling in their school. What else can I ask for?Thank you NISL for being a great promising school.

I am a parent of a 5th grader. My child has attended public school up until 7 months ago, and every single day was a struggle. Nur Islamic School of Louisville has truly been a great blessing for us. My child has autism and they have been extremely helpful and understanding with our sometimes difficult circumstances. The teachers all go above and beyond their classrooms, making each student and parent feel like 'family'. Some of the public schools we attended had the family feel, however they lowered the standards for my child's learning due to his autism. I can honestly say that NISL has never done that, and even better has HIGHER expectations from the students therefore they have no choice but to learn and excel. This school is open to children of all backgrounds and faiths. There are teachers and children alike who are not Muslim, and they are all happy and welcome and never made to feel uncomfortable. This is is what is RIGHT with education!

My son attends pre-k at Nur Islamic School and I couldn't be more pleased with my sons' education. I have seen a vast improvement in his speech and his behavior since attending. My son looks forward to each day with excitement and joy.

All my children attend this school and am very satisfied with the environment and discipline. The school has strong moral guidance and teachers are committed to achieve academic excellence . With the very limited resource, the school has improved a lot. More extra curricular activities have been added recently such as art club, drama club, Judo classes and archery in addition to regular field trips in and out of state attractive places. I Would like to see more faithful community members enroll their children at this great school!

I am very pleased with NISL, as it provided my daughter with a solid foundation in Math, Science and Language Arts, as well as in Quran and Islamic Studies. Alhamdulillah, my daughter is now in college.

I am very pleased with the school. The PreK program is always full of hands on activities. My second grader does exciting projects. My sixth grader has won in academic events. I am very happy my children are in a good Islamic environment.

I have been involved with Nour Islamic School of Louisville for many years as a parent and volunteer and seen it grow continously. Despite the financial struggles, the staff and the bord never tired to stay the course to achieve their goal which is to educate and build character. The improvements are evident in the reached levels of the students and the caliber staff being employed. My kids went to this school and I am proud to say that they are well educated and rounded individuals. Their values and character was build up on at this school. They are a joy to be with and carry a meaningful conversation just about any topic and use Islamic value judgement in their approach to solution seeking and implementing. Although lots of improvement, NISL is not done. It will be great if school expands to include high school education. I have complete faith that more success is on the way. If any parent is thinking of a good school to send the kids to, he or she will not go wrong by choosing Nour Islamic School.

Nur Islamic School is a great school. It is struggling but it has a lot of potentials. It teaches character, manners, respect and other values that we see lacking or missing in nowadays world. Teachers and administration face obstacles almost on a daily basis. However, the staff members have one mission in mind: achieve the goal of instilling various skills to empower the students to be active and efficient members in the community in the present and later in their lives.

My grandchildren attend this school and they love it! The school provides excellent education and diverse culture!

Last modified Nur Islamic School of Louisville is a Private school that serves grades PK-9