K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Each teacher my child has had so far genuinely cares for their students and wants the best for them.

Amount of homework: Agree

Speaking for elementary grade levels, children will have weekly test to study for(spelling/math/etc.), occasional workbook pages or projects. Generally, homework has not been given on Wednesday nights or weekends unless a special project is assigned. Students reading at home is also a focus.

The small class sizes mean more 1-on-1 with the teacher. Maximum class sizes are 14 kids. Elementary grades are taught Bible lessons, do prayer request and pray as a group each day. Great for developing Christian character. My child just took a standardized test at the end of the school year and had excellent scores when comparing to the national average. I believe my child has received an excellent education at Valor and has been given the opportunity to make great friends in a place that promotes Jesus and the Bible. Very pleased!

Develops character: Disagree

Children lie because teachers are so horrible at classroom management. Tattle telling is encouraged. Children never learn to problem solve because teachers intervene.

The Headmaster believes there is only 1 way to learn. Children will adapt or fail, quote. Timed assessment every subject twice per week, run out of time, blanks marked wrong. Few if any teachers are certified. The main reason this is a concern is they have zero training in classroom or behavior management. No positive discipline, only negative and punitive. Test scores far below what he states in interviews. Violates students Confidentiality on a consistent basis and should be sued. Business license issued under false pretense of what school is. Do your research and trust your judgment. This man is not an educator.

My name is Serenity. I was a student at Valor from fifth grade to twelfth grade. I am graduated and the older I get, the more I realize how lucky I was to have gone to a school that helped me excel in all areas of my life so much. The teachers are wonderful and the students feel like family. I have to admit that after I got over complaining about high school, I really do miss the place. Valor's staff and students truly made an impact on my life.

My school is a very small school. We are currently collecting Box Tops to help raise money to buy a Laminator for our teachers. Our school is privately funded therefore, we have to raise all of the money for everything we buy including books, carpet, and maintenance for our school. $5,000 would help out very much! We just had to replace all of the carpet in the school and last year our AC unit broke while drained our funds dramatically. Please help our school to get more money for funding.

My grandson goes there and he has really done well with the smaller class sizes. Also he is in a Christian environment and getting a Christian education as well.

Last modified Valor Traditional Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12