K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 14, 2016
Each teacher my child has had so far genuinely cares for their students and wants the best for them.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 14, 2016
Speaking for elementary grade levels, children will have weekly test to study for(spelling/math/etc.), occasional workbook pages or projects. Generally, homework has not been given on Wednesday nights or weekends unless a special project is assigned. Students reading at home is also a focus.

Valor Traditional Academy 5

Posted June 14, 2016
The small class sizes mean more 1-on-1 with the teacher. Maximum class sizes are 14 kids. Elementary grades are taught Bible lessons, do prayer request and pray as a group each day. Great for developing Christian character. My child just took a standardized test at the end of the school year and had excellent scores when comparing to the national average. I believe my child has received an excellent education at Valor and has been given the opportunity to make great friends in a place that promotes Jesus and the Bible. Very pleased!

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted December 13, 2015
You must develop grit to survive this school. Daily children are challenged with unfairness inappropriate action for age levels.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted December 13, 2015
Tattle telling is encouraged. Teachers punish for minor things like whispers in the hall and do not punish for stealing toys or playground equipment.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted December 13, 2015
They do not participate in anything for the community. They are isolationist. Fundraising is for school only. No giving for needy.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted December 13, 2015
Children lie because teachers are so horrible at classroom management. Tattle telling is encouraged. Children never learn to problem solve because teachers intervene.

Valor Traditional Academy 1

Posted December 13, 2015
The Headmaster believes there is only 1 way to learn. Children will adapt or fail, quote. Timed assessment every subject twice per week, run out of time, blanks marked wrong. Few if any teachers are certified. The main reason this is a concern is they have zero training in classroom or behavior management. No positive discipline, only negative and punitive. Test scores far below what he states in interviews. Violates students Confidentiality on a consistent basis and should be sued. Business license issued under false pretense of what school is. Do your research and trust your judgment. This man is not an educator.

Valor Traditional Academy 5

Posted January 19, 2015
My name is Serenity. I was a student at Valor from fifth grade to twelfth grade. I am graduated and the older I get, the more I realize how lucky I was to have gone to a school that helped me excel in all areas of my life so much. The teachers are wonderful and the students feel like family. I have to admit that after I got over complaining about high school, I really do miss the place. Valor's staff and students truly made an impact on my life.

Valor Traditional Academy 3

Posted October 29, 2013
My school is a very small school. We are currently collecting Box Tops to help raise money to buy a Laminator for our teachers. Our school is privately funded therefore, we have to raise all of the money for everything we buy including books, carpet, and maintenance for our school. $5,000 would help out very much! We just had to replace all of the carpet in the school and last year our AC unit broke while drained our funds dramatically. Please help our school to get more money for funding.

11501 Schlatter Rd, Louisville, KY  40291
Last modified Valor Traditional Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12