Bad
Good

I've been going to Moore since sixth grade and I am now an 8th grader. The school may say that they're a "no tolerance bullying" school, but in reality, they're not. The principal and the counselors do not care about the students' safety unless they have gotten into a fight. They do bullying cases by severity, meaning the most severe is getting beat up by said bully. Plus, all the school cares about is dress code. They don't really care about the education they are giving students. It's ridiculous, and I dislike Moore with a passion. Please, don't send your child(ren) to this school.

I have been a student at Moore since 8th grade. I'm now a senior. I wrote 4600 characters on this place, but the review doesn't allow that much, so I'll be blunt and quick. This is a school with great teachers, truly. But the ones that don't teach AP or Honors classes have to deal with HORRIBLE kids which leads to more arguing than learning and helping the people who actually care. The AP teachers are GREAT and extremely dedicated and helpful because their classes are generally well behaved. The medical magnet is great and the teachers there help A TON with readiness for life after high school. The assistant principals and principals, however, are HORRIBLE. NO interaction unless it's dresscode related. Bullying is a HUGE issue here in regular classes. I was bullied until I was forced to fight 3 times in 10th grade. THEN the counselors took interest. Before that, they disregarded my dozen requests for help. I'm not bullied at all anymore. Basically, great teachers, HORRIBLE kids and leadership. Most kids don't want to be there, so they cause chaos which disrupts all the students that actually care. Only go here if you'll be in AP/Honors classes and/or Medical Magnet. Peace :) -JakeS

Worst school in Jefferson County. Just look at the reviews here and take note that neither the principal nor any facility member from school has commented or come to it's defense. It's a perfect example of how they don't care about parental concerns or the well being of their students. If you want your children hooked on drugs, bullied, and be totally unprepared for the outside world this would be the perfect school for you. It's also a text book example of why Kentucky has one of the worst public school systems in America.

This school is horrible. Do not send your child to this school. The academics are terrible, not only that I had to pull 2 of my daughters out of this school due to bulling. Staff and the top principle showed lack of concern when it came down to returning my phone calls and when it came down to my childrens safety. Kids there are very disrespectful and the adults don't care. Don't send your babies here. If I could rate below 0 or 1 star that's what Moore would get.

I went to Moore for sixth through the mid of eight grade. I've been a victim of bullying and had witnessed others getting bullied. My older sister has too. Most students have the lack of good and appropriate behavior. My parents have reported the bullying situation to the staff and principal. They didn't do anything. Please as experienced, don't send your child to this school.

I went to Moore's registration which goes on August 14th and 15th and the staff seemed very friendly, the building is neat and in great conditions but the student's attitude it just terrifying. While I was in line with my daughter who is new to the school, some high school kids, probably sophomores were teasing a group of 6th graders who came for the registration. I was very upset with the behavior so I called a staff member to solve this problem. So far this school hasn't set a very good first impression. After reading several reviews of bullying going on the school building I decided to take my daughter to a school of her choice, with respectful students and good staff members. If you are a parent please choose carefully a school, it's very important to keep your child in a safe environment.

I currently transferred to Moore Traditional, and coming to such a small high school with only 2 hallways already seemed ridiculous. But what is even more absurd is the bullying. I've already been the target of bullying within the first 3 weeks of my arrival. The principals and counselors can't even address the right problems unless it's about the dress code. Not only that, but there are never investigations on reported bullying incident (Learned from personal experience). It's also disgusting how the school offers an anti-bullying advocacy program that has no effect on the children. Please, send your child to a more organized school with proper ethics as wells as morals.

My son went to Moore in a previous year and had a horrible problem with bullying. I was compelled by a security officer to tell my son something I hoped I never had to tell him. There was no other way available for us to get help through the school staff. He was going to have to fight violence with violence. That fault lies with the staff. Children will do what they think they can get away with. I know this....because.... I was a child once. When you have that many blossoming girls and developing boys you have to observe and react. Its easier and takes up less classtime to look the other way. The trend catches on and before long there are just a handfull of teachers trying to do the right thing even though they are fighting a losing battle. The best thing that we could do is keep talking about it. The worst thing we could do is look the other way ourselves. .........stepping down off my soap box!

The principal leadership is horrible. The bullying that goes on in this school by the students is encouraged by the lack of action of the principal office staff. They will not get better until someone holds them accountable.

i am a student here at moore.i really think that its not the teachers fault why the student is like that.the teachers do their best but most of the students are disrespectful and they dont care about there grades.

Last modified Moore Traditional School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.