6-12 & Ungraded
Louisville, KY
Students enrolled: 1,639

Posted December 13, 2014
Worst school in Jefferson County. Just look at the reviews here and take note that neither the principal nor any facility member from school has commented or come to it's defense. It's a perfect example of how they don't care about parental concerns or the well being of their students. If you want your children hooked on drugs, bullied, and be totally unprepared for the outside world this would be the perfect school for you. It's also a text book example of why Kentucky has one of the worst public school systems in America.

Posted May 23, 2014
This school is horrible. Do not send your child to this school. The academics are terrible, not only that I had to pull 2 of my daughters out of this school due to bulling. Staff and the top principle showed lack of concern when it came down to returning my phone calls and when it came down to my childrens safety. Kids there are very disrespectful and the adults don't care. Don't send your babies here. If I could rate below 0 or 1 star that's what Moore would get.

Posted January 22, 2014
I went to Moore for sixth through the mid of eight grade. I've been a victim of bullying and had witnessed others getting bullied. My older sister has too. Most students have the lack of good and appropriate behavior. My parents have reported the bullying situation to the staff and principal. They didn't do anything. Please as experienced, don't send your child to this school.

Posted August 16, 2013
I went to Moore's registration which goes on August 14th and 15th and the staff seemed very friendly, the building is neat and in great conditions but the student's attitude it just terrifying. While I was in line with my daughter who is new to the school, some high school kids, probably sophomores were teasing a group of 6th graders who came for the registration. I was very upset with the behavior so I called a staff member to solve this problem. So far this school hasn't set a very good first impression. After reading several reviews of bullying going on the school building I decided to take my daughter to a school of her choice, with respectful students and good staff members. If you are a parent please choose carefully a school, it's very important to keep your child in a safe environment.

Posted October 27, 2012
I currently transferred to Moore Traditional, and coming to such a small high school with only 2 hallways already seemed ridiculous. But what is even more absurd is the bullying. I've already been the target of bullying within the first 3 weeks of my arrival. The principals and counselors can't even address the right problems unless it's about the dress code. Not only that, but there are never investigations on reported bullying incident (Learned from personal experience). It's also disgusting how the school offers an anti-bullying advocacy program that has no effect on the children. Please, send your child to a more organized school with proper ethics as wells as morals.

Moore Traditional School 2

Posted April 03, 2012
My son went to Moore in a previous year and had a horrible problem with bullying. I was compelled by a security officer to tell my son something I hoped I never had to tell him. There was no other way available for us to get help through the school staff. He was going to have to fight violence with violence. That fault lies with the staff. Children will do what they think they can get away with. I know this....because.... I was a child once. When you have that many blossoming girls and developing boys you have to observe and react. Its easier and takes up less classtime to look the other way. The trend catches on and before long there are just a handfull of teachers trying to do the right thing even though they are fighting a losing battle. The best thing that we could do is keep talking about it. The worst thing we could do is look the other way ourselves. .........stepping down off my soap box!

Posted April 02, 2012
The principal leadership is horrible. The bullying that goes on in this school by the students is encouraged by the lack of action of the principal office staff. They will not get better until someone holds them accountable.

Moore Traditional School 5

Posted October 20, 2009

Moore Traditional School 4

Posted March 18, 2009
i am a student here at moore.i really think that its not the teachers fault why the student is like that.the teachers do their best but most of the students are disrespectful and they dont care about there grades.

Moore Traditional School
6415 Outer Loop, Louisville, KY  40228
Last modified Moore Traditional School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Moore Traditional School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top