Bad
Good

The Brown School is all the top quality academic opportunities along with a wholesome social environment all rolled into one K-12 school. It is simply the best school in the Jefferson Coubty Public School System!

Fine for the little ones but once you are in middle and high, get out. Self directed learning in middle school turns into self directed laziness. Test scores reflect the few that remain in the program. Pretentious kids calling teachers by their first name with the "I can do what I want to" attitude is not what we need. Do yourself a favor, get your kid on the track to Manual so they can be successful or stay here have your kid learn all about addressing adults by their first name, study only if they feel like it, Learn poor self hygiene and kiss opportunities that other public schools have goodbye. The school is also connected to a Trade school which concerned me with my family. We are trying to get in Noe or Meyzeek now where my family has had great experience.

This is an outstanding school! Finally, I found a school where my gifted child feels challenged. She has had homework almost every night, and she spends a lot of additional time studying for tests and such. This is not the kind of school where students can just show up and make good grades. The kids have to work! It takes a commitment. I really appreciate the focused environment. She will definitely be getting into a desirable college. Brown is like the "Harvard" of public schools.

The Brown School came highly recommended and we have been thrilled that our child was accepted and has been a part of the school. I am, however, currently disappointed that the mission statement is not being followed (i.e. "foster the unique potential of each student"). I get the impression that it is now more important to keep the test scores high and worry less about meeting the students' needs. We chose Brown School for several reasons, but the main one was we thought we would get a different experience from other public schools. It seems the only difference right now is that the children call their teachers by their first name.

brown middle school!!!!!!!!!!! yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

We've been at Brown for a few years now and all I can say is that it's not what it used to be. They have received many new teachers from other schools and they just aren't up to the standards that Brown was known for. It seems that many of the administrators and teachers are just counting the days until retirement and are not truly invested in education. My child does well, but we're leaning towards a different school for the next step. I used to highly recommend Brown, but over the past three years, I've seen several examples of outright laziness. The principal and vice principal are merely names and don't have any meaningful presence at all, and haven't displayed any real leadership. I see more and more parents becoming very frustrated about the quality of education their children are receiving and little to no response from the staff.

The Brown school is seriously like home to me. I have been there since the third grade and I have changed as a person since attending the school. The school allows for everyone to be themselves and for students to interact with their fellow classmates, teachers, and their community. The school is not just a school, but a home for many students like myself. The Brown school is unique in the sense that everyone is accepted for themselves, and their is diversity within ethnic groups, religion, politics and other important factors. People are not discriminated for being themselves, but are encouraged to be different and to do what is right. Brown School has opened many doors, and I believe once I step out into the real world that Brown school has allowed for me to put my best foot forward and has prepared me to the best that they can. The pre-college curriculum and involvement with the teachers allow for students to enhance skills that are needed in college. Brown is different because the teachers care, the students want to be there, and we are doing things to change our world.

With the highest test scores in the state, this is an excellent school for parents to consider. My child just graduated with scholarship offers to many schools. The teachers and staff provide a friendly, diverse, and academically challenging environment for students from grades K-12.

It's the philosophy of the J. Graham Brown School to foster the individuality of each student. They boast the highest test scores in the state on the state assessment. You won't find a school anywhere with a more positive climate. Plus, the teachers are fantastic.

This school has a loving family atmosphere, lots of racial and ethnic diversity and encourages individual initiative on the part of its students.

Last modified Brown School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.