Louisville, KY

Posted October 03, 2014
This is an outstanding school! Finally, I found a school where my gifted child feels challenged. She has had homework almost every night, and she spends a lot of additional time studying for tests and such. This is not the kind of school where students can just show up and make good grades. The kids have to work! It takes a commitment. I really appreciate the focused environment. She will definitely be getting into a desirable college. Brown is like the "Harvard" of public schools.

Brown School 3

Posted March 10, 2014
The Brown School came highly recommended and we have been thrilled that our child was accepted and has been a part of the school. I am, however, currently disappointed that the mission statement is not being followed (i.e. "foster the unique potential of each student"). I get the impression that it is now more important to keep the test scores high and worry less about meeting the students' needs. We chose Brown School for several reasons, but the main one was we thought we would get a different experience from other public schools. It seems the only difference right now is that the children call their teachers by their first name.

Posted February 23, 2014
brown middle school!!!!!!!!!!! yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

Brown School 3

Posted December 11, 2013
We've been at Brown for a few years now and all I can say is that it's not what it used to be. They have received many new teachers from other schools and they just aren't up to the standards that Brown was known for. It seems that many of the administrators and teachers are just counting the days until retirement and are not truly invested in education. My child does well, but we're leaning towards a different school for the next step. I used to highly recommend Brown, but over the past three years, I've seen several examples of outright laziness. The principal and vice principal are merely names and don't have any meaningful presence at all, and haven't displayed any real leadership. I see more and more parents becoming very frustrated about the quality of education their children are receiving and little to no response from the staff.

Posted January 25, 2012
The Brown school is seriously like home to me. I have been there since the third grade and I have changed as a person since attending the school. The school allows for everyone to be themselves and for students to interact with their fellow classmates, teachers, and their community. The school is not just a school, but a home for many students like myself. The Brown school is unique in the sense that everyone is accepted for themselves, and their is diversity within ethnic groups, religion, politics and other important factors. People are not discriminated for being themselves, but are encouraged to be different and to do what is right. Brown School has opened many doors, and I believe once I step out into the real world that Brown school has allowed for me to put my best foot forward and has prepared me to the best that they can. The pre-college curriculum and involvement with the teachers allow for students to enhance skills that are needed in college. Brown is different because the teachers care, the students want to be there, and we are doing things to change our world.

Posted August 31, 2010
With the highest test scores in the state, this is an excellent school for parents to consider. My child just graduated with scholarship offers to many schools. The teachers and staff provide a friendly, diverse, and academically challenging environment for students from grades K-12.

Posted April 26, 2010
It's the philosophy of the J. Graham Brown School to foster the individuality of each student. They boast the highest test scores in the state on the state assessment. You won't find a school anywhere with a more positive climate. Plus, the teachers are fantastic.

Brown School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
This school has a loving family atmosphere, lots of racial and ethnic diversity and encourages individual initiative on the part of its students.

Posted March 21, 2010
This school has extremely great teachers who care about their students and counselors who will help and motivate the students to do their best work. The school is very diverse with plenty of different groups of kids, but all get along well if you were to put them together. Everyone here is laid-back and will always have your back. This school is a small school with a big heart tha wi'll make you feel at home, and honestly, this school is where I found some of my greatest friends, my greatest education, and the confidence to speak out and be myself.

Posted February 19, 2010
The Brown is a true gem. I am so thrilled my child has gotten the opportunity to attend school there.

Brown School
546 South 1st St, Louisville, KY  40202
Last modified Brown School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brown School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top