Louisville, KY

Posted May 15, 2014
I love MSL and all of the staff. The head of school (principal) is amazing and goes above and beyond to meet the needs of every child. He takes the time to get to know every child and family. The MSL staff truly becomes a part of your family. I have always looked for a school for my child that is consistent, nurturing, welcoming, safe, teaches to the whole child, doesn't rush children, focuses on a natural environment, values parents, puts children first, RESPECTS children, and truly loves my child and meets all of their needs while teaching them how. I have found all of that here at MSL.

Posted September 04, 2013
The Montessori School of Louisville, its Head of School Gregory Dixon, the teachers and staff have a lot to offer families looking to give their children an edge. The learning environment they create allows each child to grow and develop and be independent. Our teacher was always available to talk if we had a question and we received weekly emails with class updates - we never felt out of the loop. The school has an amazing sense of community, with plenty of parent participation. Our son, Aidan, loved his time at the school and learned a lot, which is most important. Any family looking at schools in the east end of the city should schedule a visit.

Posted December 04, 2012
As Head of School at Montessori School of Louisville, I would like to respectfully respond to the December 2nd review by a parent. I believe our communication with parents and the community at large is outstanding. As a professional body of educators, we pride ourselves on keeping our families up-to-date in many different ways. Our correspondence and communication includes: newsletters to parents (Constant Contact e-mail system) that includes an updated photo album on a weekly basis; weekly take-home memorandums; comprehensive monthly newsletter that includes specific curriculum information from all classes; two parent-teacher interview periods; three progress report cards; ongoing phone call communication between teachers/administration and our families; Facebook; as well as, an in-depth vision of MSL on our Website. My door is always open - please feel free to call or drop by at your convenience. Gregory Dixon

Montessori School of Louisville 2

Posted December 02, 2012
We were very excited about this school initially but have found the communication between the the teachers/leadership and the parents to be extremely disappointing

Posted November 17, 2012
I am excited about the diverse learning opportunities made available to students at Montessori School of Louisville this year. In addition to violin instruction offered within the school day, there are after-school lessons offered in chess, art, yoga, and Mad Science. And what is on the horizon for next term? piano lessons, fencing, and horseboack riding. The children love these activities, which are carefully selected and planned to broaden the learning experience and encourage self-discovery!

Posted August 28, 2012
Excellent Montessori School with great teachers and a great community. Very strong academics (the aveage for the whole elementary class IOWA Standardized Test Score is well into the 90s percentile for example) but even more importantly, the children are taught very positive interpersonal and social skills. Emerging school with great opportunity for real parent involvment in shaping how the school evolves.

Posted August 28, 2012
We are in our second year at MSL and are really excited about this year. A review written in Feb 2012 was not completely inaccurate but I feel like with the new leadership in place and a renewed enthusiasm by staff and parents this school will continue to excel. I have always thought the education was exceptional but I believe they are going to take it to a new level in the years to come.

Posted August 28, 2012
I am so excited about this upcoming school year! Last year my Pre-k daughter really blossomed thanks to the EXCELLENT teachers in this program. We have a new principal this year and his energy, enthusiasm and vision for the school is incredible and truly will define MSL as an overall great school for years to come!

Posted July 25, 2012
It's amazing!!!! I was scared to change my kids from a catholic school but WOW... One of best decision I ever made it!!!

Montessori School of Louisville 3

Posted February 15, 2012
This is a school in transition and it seems to be moving in the wrong direction. Communication is poor and decisions are made without talking with parents or even informing parents of issue. The most recent tuition increase was 15 percent - after an 8 percent increase the previous year. The teachers are still amazing but recent changes seem likely to alienate the staff before too long. Ask a lot of questions before you commit.

Montessori School of Louisville
10263 Champion Farms, Louisville, KY  40241
Last modified Montessori School of Louisville is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Montessori School of Louisville Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top