Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

My daughter just completed 6th grade at this school. All the teachers care about is test scores, they put an enormous amount of pressure on the students from day one to do well on KPREP. While I appreciate that this is important, I believe my child learning is more important. The administration do nothing to foster any sense of community among the students or families.

Parent review: My student just completed 6th grade at Ramsey MS. We have been pleased overall, with just a few bumps along the way (mostly normal middle school transition issues). I think this school is a good fit for my student. I like the diverse student body and the wide array of athletic and extra-curricular programs. We had some great teachers, and some not so great. So far, we are pleased with the new Principal and the school Administration. Looking forward to a great 7th grade year for my student!

Bullying was the biggest problem and defiantly changed my life forever. In 2014-15 I was in 6th grade and people were cutting, and over dosing, and everyone was just rude to each other to make their friends laugh. It's crazy. And the principle never talked to us. She just wants great grades from students. And the stress was crazy. I cried everyday. I am now switching schools. The only thing I'll miss is my one friend and the Choir teacher (Who is amazing :) ) That is honestly what Ramsey is. JCPS cares too much for the future and need to just stop and think about now for a second.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Bullying isn't taken seriously my son was bullied and it was ignored and swept under the rug. I would strongly suggest parents stay clear of this school

This school is very poorly run. My son was subjected to bullying that went ignored

Ramsey middles school has a lot that people don't know and I disagree and dislike the lies told about MY school. Please read on to know more of about the truth in ramsey middle school Louisville Kentucky.P.S I currently go to this school. First we do have security, cams and this is for safety of all of my friend and classmates/students. Second if we don't pass we do stay behind weather or not the teachers don't want that student . My principal does and continues to talk to both staff and students. Thanks and love the truth about this school it's truly great.

There are a lot of personal biases and decisions made by administration that hurt the students and staff morale. Students with behavior and/or learning problems are kept in rooms and excluded from school events and activities. The principal is concerned with her image and looks down on anyone with ideas that are contrary to her beliefs. She rarely speaks to staff or students and outright refuses to meet with parents when asked to. They refuse to hire security because of how the school will "look" when it is badly needed. According to the counselor "West-Louisville" kids brought the school down and shouldn't have been bussed to Ramsey. Students are being pushed to the next grade whether they passed or not because the teachers and administrators don't want to teach them a second time thus making them unprepared for life outside of Ramsey.

Good teachers but principal is a dictator. She is only concerned about test scores and her career mobility. Discriminates against special needs kids. Autocratic, oppressive environment for teachers. High teacher transfer rate. Can't wait to get out of there.

Ramsey's ok. It could be worse but it could also be much, much better. 6th grade I would have to say was my best year, 7th grade was eh and so far so is 8th grade. Expect more homework every year. There is some drama and not a lot of bullying and for the most part all the kids get along which is what I like about it. 2/3 of the teachers overall are pretty good. My 6th grade teachers where awesome, I liked my 7th grade teachers but 8th grade my teachers are ok and they're getting better. I hate how 6th and 8th graders are treated the same. Some teachers are more lenient than others. But we have to walk in a line and travel with the same kids to each class. We get 1 locker break and 2 bathroom breaks with our class and honestly I had more freedom in 5th grade than I've had in middle school. I feel very unprepared for high school though. The coaches for some sports teams are awful and where the worst seasons I've ever had. I would honestly reccomend Ramsey as a 2nd choice school. They defiantly haven't been the best 3 years.

i just moved to Jefferson county and i currently go to Ramsey middle. Ramsey is a great school with great media for students to use i would recommend it to anyone the people are very nice and you see a wide variety of students going there

Last modified Ramsey Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.