Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Bullying both verbal and physical run rampant at this school. Staff are oblivious and do nothing to remedy the situation when it is brought to their attention.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Overall, this is a terrible school. Faculty does not care so the students do not care.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Per the student handbook, being out of dress code is a more severe offense than lying, cheating, and fighting. My daughter is bullied daily to the point of being depressed.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

No discipline for disruptive behavior. Nothing is ever done about bullying. Poor communication by all faculty.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Lots of homework; poor communication about project deadlines

Discipline and bullying is out of control. Communication between school faculty and parents is terrible. According to school handbook, being out of dress code is a worse offense than lying, cheating, or getting into fights. The school's priorities are very messed up!

My daughter just completed 6th grade at this school. All the teachers care about is test scores, they put an enormous amount of pressure on the students from day one to do well on KPREP. While I appreciate that this is important, I believe my child learning is more important. The administration do nothing to foster any sense of community among the students or families.

Parent review: My student just completed 6th grade at Ramsey MS. We have been pleased overall, with just a few bumps along the way (mostly normal middle school transition issues). I think this school is a good fit for my student. I like the diverse student body and the wide array of athletic and extra-curricular programs. We had some great teachers, and some not so great. So far, we are pleased with the new Principal and the school Administration. Looking forward to a great 7th grade year for my student!

Bullying was the biggest problem and defiantly changed my life forever. In 2014-15 I was in 6th grade and people were cutting, and over dosing, and everyone was just rude to each other to make their friends laugh. It's crazy. And the principle never talked to us. She just wants great grades from students. And the stress was crazy. I cried everyday. I am now switching schools. The only thing I'll miss is my one friend and the Choir teacher (Who is amazing :) ) That is honestly what Ramsey is. JCPS cares too much for the future and need to just stop and think about now for a second.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Bullying isn't taken seriously my son was bullied and it was ignored and swept under the rug. I would strongly suggest parents stay clear of this school

Last modified Ramsey Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.