Louisville, KY

Posted November 20, 2014
Highlands Latin has the best academics in the city with a Christian culture. Love it !!!

Highlands Latin School 1

Posted June 06, 2014
The admissions director is not warm and friendly and she doesn't listen or let you talk. She's actually very off putting. When checking out schools, an admissions director is the first person that gives you a feeling about the school. At other private schools in the area they are incredibly welcoming, cheerful, and sincere. I have talked to three other potential hls families that were immediately turned off at this school because of the admissions director's demeanor.

Posted May 04, 2014
My kids have been at Highlands Latin for three years. No school is perfect, but it has been great for us. They have had caring teachers and wonderful classmates. The small class sizes are a big plus. The admissions process was a little intimidating, because I knew there was a long waiting list for kindergarten. Highlands Latin is Christian, which we wanted. They say they don't evangelize specific doctrine, and I have generally found that to be true. This fits our family, because I want doctrine to come from home and our church. The academics are second to none. The school has great test scores, and when we took our first tour, we loved that every class was engaged with the teacher and working. My kids don't ever come home and say they spent 2 hours watching a movie at school. I was a little worried that the kids might not like the hard work, but when we took took a tour, it was obvious that the students are joyful and happy. Like anything, you feel good about yourself when you are working hard and accomplishing something. Athletics is not a big focus. This is fine for us, but may be worth considering if competitive sports are really important.

Posted March 19, 2014
Great school. My children go there and we love it. When the kids are at school, they are learning the entire time. There aren't any movies or all day field trips. They have a terrific focus on academics.

Highlands Latin School 1

Posted January 24, 2014
The school is a business. Their theory of education was written by a crime novelist with no experience working with children, Dorothy Sayers. If it was done in the Middle Ages it is considered effective. Maybe that is why everyone leaves in Middle School due to their failure to teach math.

Posted August 03, 2012
This school has tremendous Administrators, teachers and students - each is focused on developing well rounded individuals, capable of thought, spirituality and kindness.

Highlands Latin School
2800 Frankfort Ave, Louisville, KY  40206
Last modified Highlands Latin School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Highlands Latin School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top