Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I couldn't be happier with my decision to send my daughter here! They have an incredible girls lacrosse team along with many other sports! They also have a club for everyone!! I will be sending my son with ADHD here to because I know they can handle him and he will not get bullied finally!! They are a school that I have finally found that doesn't tolerate it!! My daughter is a honor roll student and I am very pleased with her education here!! Go Eagles!!

I am an alumni of Eastern HS. I would contend that it is the best community school in Louisville. The advanced academic classes I took helped me earn a great academic scholarship to college where I was well-prepared for success. I enjoyed being involved in extra-curricular activities and attending a school close to home.

All three of my children attended and graduated from Eastern High School and all applied to their dream schools and were accepted. My three students took a heavy load of AP courses, beginning in their sophomore year. Other classes were in the Advanced program which is a step above the Honors courses. This school isn't a "cake-walk" and you generally won't get easy As and if you do, then move up the ladder and into advanced classes. The teachers are as caring as the students, meaning if the class is apathetic, then so too can be the teachers. Test scores generally run high and teachers do have to deal with some very spoiled-rotten kids who can be a problem. All three of my students graduated in the top 2% of their class, one is now a chemist, another owns her own business and the last is a physician. Eastern High School and it's educators worked well for my family but then you only get out of a school what effort you put in.

Worst school ever. Terrible teachers. The counselors and principle do not put students first. My oldest child went to Eastern, his siblings will not.

Eastern is a well known High School in the Middletown district. My husband and I thought it was supposed to be a good school. I'm not sure what standards people expect from Eastern,however they are not as high as ours. If you don't mind your child `s teacher talking on their cell phones, leaving for the class period, or your child not having ANY books then this is the school for you. If you expect your child to be prepared for college this is NOT the place for you! It speaks volumes when teachers and staff do not send their own children to the school where they teach. Very, very disappointed!!

The school's renovations look great! And most of the teachers are really passionate about their jobs. They definitely want the best for the students. And I can tell that my counselor really cares about me and my well-being. Although the administration could use some work, the school and the staff is generally great! I would suggest this school to anyone. I am a Senior, and I feel completely prepared for college, and I can tell I've received a wonderful education!

Like the other poster, I was also expelled from Trinity High School, they have really tightened the belts on rules and no one gets away with anything. They hand Jugs out like free candy. I have been at Eastern for half a year so far, and let me just say, this school is a CAKE WALK compared to Trinity. I don't even have to study for tests and I get an A! Did I also mention I'm in their "Honors" program. The facilities are trash compared to Trinity. Next year I hope to move up to as many AP classes as possible, because the education is a joke and is way too easy. The students here are extremely lazy and rude. The teachers and students also pick on my because of what school I went to before, It's so unfair, because ever since I was expelled, I haven't exactly tried harder in school, I have just stopped goofing around. The family feeling I had at Trinity doesn't even exist here. The students are vicious and go out of their way to be mean. I really miss my old school.

Maybe I am biased because i had to come here against my will because i was kicked out of Trinity High School (an all boys private school), but this school is really second rate. Some of the teaching staff even thought that the majority of students in the school were inherently bad. I am no perfect student, but i think that i at the very least deserve a benefit of the doubt. Some of the teachers even ganged up on a couple of me and my friends for being from a certain part of town, telling us that we were given the silver spoon our whole lives and did not have to work. Which i find troubling, even if that is true there is no reason to tell us that. The students for the most part are lazy and unmotivated besides the Advanced Placement students. The school is atrocious, it is dirty, with graffiti everywhere, and overall a terrible thing to look at. There are security guards roaming the halls, which makes students feel like they are in prison. Overall, i made some good friends here, and definitely saw a side of the world that i had not ever seen before. luckily i only had to stay there for a semester and a half so i could transfer to Collegiate Academy.

Although not aesthetically pleasing at first glance, you have to look deeper at the end results.....the school provides an outstanding education. The teachers and staff are dedicated and passionate about their profession. Eastern prepares and provides their students with the skills and knowledge needed across the spectrum of society. In other words, they will prepare your child for to compete in the highest scholastic environments for college and beyond, while also preparing students who choose to immediately enter the work force and be value added to society. Don't let the rough exterior fool you as it has so many others who pay college type tuition at a private school in the area for the same or lesser quality education.

From my first step onto Eastern's campus I knew this was not the school for me. I had just moved from a public school in Ohio and I was treated like an outsider, I was a sophmore. No one welcomes me, the teachers are lazy, the counselors are a joke, the facilities are old and underkept, and administration has done nothing about being underfunded. My classes were not nearly as challenging as my other public school back in Ohio. The school is a social nightmare. It is not a friendly school and made me feel un-needed in life. There is no leadership/guidance from teachers and counselors. After my parent's deeply reviewed and compared ACT averages and offered curriculum, I was transferred to a local private school for my junior year, and I love it. Even though I was a new student I was welcomed with open arms. No parent who cares about their child's education and social development would send them to this school.

Last modified Eastern High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.