Louisville, KY
Students enrolled: 2,111

Posted October 17, 2013
Eastern is a well known High School in the Middletown district. My husband and I thought it was supposed to be a good school. I'm not sure what standards people expect from Eastern,however they are not as high as ours. If you don't mind your child `s teacher talking on their cell phones, leaving for the class period, or your child not having ANY books then this is the school for you. If you expect your child to be prepared for college this is NOT the place for you! It speaks volumes when teachers and staff do not send their own children to the school where they teach. Very, very disappointed!!

Eastern High School 5

Posted August 29, 2013
The school's renovations look great! And most of the teachers are really passionate about their jobs. They definitely want the best for the students. And I can tell that my counselor really cares about me and my well-being. Although the administration could use some work, the school and the staff is generally great! I would suggest this school to anyone. I am a Senior, and I feel completely prepared for college, and I can tell I've received a wonderful education!

Posted April 26, 2012
Like the other poster, I was also expelled from Trinity High School, they have really tightened the belts on rules and no one gets away with anything. They hand Jugs out like free candy. I have been at Eastern for half a year so far, and let me just say, this school is a CAKE WALK compared to Trinity. I don't even have to study for tests and I get an A! Did I also mention I'm in their "Honors" program. The facilities are trash compared to Trinity. Next year I hope to move up to as many AP classes as possible, because the education is a joke and is way too easy. The students here are extremely lazy and rude. The teachers and students also pick on my because of what school I went to before, It's so unfair, because ever since I was expelled, I haven't exactly tried harder in school, I have just stopped goofing around. The family feeling I had at Trinity doesn't even exist here. The students are vicious and go out of their way to be mean. I really miss my old school.

Posted April 12, 2012
Maybe I am biased because i had to come here against my will because i was kicked out of Trinity High School (an all boys private school), but this school is really second rate. Some of the teaching staff even thought that the majority of students in the school were inherently bad. I am no perfect student, but i think that i at the very least deserve a benefit of the doubt. Some of the teachers even ganged up on a couple of me and my friends for being from a certain part of town, telling us that we were given the silver spoon our whole lives and did not have to work. Which i find troubling, even if that is true there is no reason to tell us that. The students for the most part are lazy and unmotivated besides the Advanced Placement students. The school is atrocious, it is dirty, with graffiti everywhere, and overall a terrible thing to look at. There are security guards roaming the halls, which makes students feel like they are in prison. Overall, i made some good friends here, and definitely saw a side of the world that i had not ever seen before. luckily i only had to stay there for a semester and a half so i could transfer to Collegiate Academy.

Eastern High School 5

Posted March 28, 2012
Although not aesthetically pleasing at first glance, you have to look deeper at the end results.....the school provides an outstanding education. The teachers and staff are dedicated and passionate about their profession. Eastern prepares and provides their students with the skills and knowledge needed across the spectrum of society. In other words, they will prepare your child for to compete in the highest scholastic environments for college and beyond, while also preparing students who choose to immediately enter the work force and be value added to society. Don't let the rough exterior fool you as it has so many others who pay college type tuition at a private school in the area for the same or lesser quality education.

Posted October 24, 2011
From my first step onto Eastern's campus I knew this was not the school for me. I had just moved from a public school in Ohio and I was treated like an outsider, I was a sophmore. No one welcomes me, the teachers are lazy, the counselors are a joke, the facilities are old and underkept, and administration has done nothing about being underfunded. My classes were not nearly as challenging as my other public school back in Ohio. The school is a social nightmare. It is not a friendly school and made me feel un-needed in life. There is no leadership/guidance from teachers and counselors. After my parent's deeply reviewed and compared ACT averages and offered curriculum, I was transferred to a local private school for my junior year, and I love it. Even though I was a new student I was welcomed with open arms. No parent who cares about their child's education and social development would send them to this school.

Posted August 24, 2011
Don't send your kid here. This school is unorganized, and socially chaotic, and bad for any child who needs a challenge. Just don't do this to your babies. They're education is most important, but you will not find a decent one at Eastern.

Posted July 18, 2011
My son attended Eastern as a 12th grader after being kicked out of his private Christian school . We tried to get him into any other private school because Jefferson county public schools are a total joke. No parent who cares about their childrens' education and can afford to send their children to private school sends their kids to a JPCS school! However my child turned his life around and enjoyed his time at Eastern. While academically it was not was not challenging, it was socially a positive experience for him.

Eastern High School 4

Posted January 13, 2011
I graduated from Eastern many years ago. The teachers were good, and I got a good education. However, socially it was a disaster. I moved there from a small town and was treated as an outsider, alternately ignored and ridiculed. It was not a happy experience, but it made me stronger. Perhaps things are different now.

Eastern High School 4

Posted September 23, 2010
Despite the fact that this school only receives $5,281 per student per year compared to the state average of $10,301 per student, the school delivers an excellent education. I have three Eastern graduates. One has a masters in education, one is an attorney, and the other is in pharmacy school. Parents in the community need to demand that the school receive funding that is equivalent to that of competing Ballard High School which receives $1000 more per student per year. I rated 4 stars because the administration has kept this very poor funding a secret for too long. No wonder the grass isn't mowed and non-critical facilities are not properly maintained.

Eastern High School
12400 Old Shelbyville Rd, Louisville, KY  40243
Last modified Eastern High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastern High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top