Bad
Good

The school does little about bullying and much of the class time is spent trying to quiet unruly students instead of teaching. My biggest complaint with this school is the fact that the restrooms are locked during class time. If you have an emergency or need to get sick you are SOL. Yesterday a kid puked in the hall and it took 3 calls to housekeeping and 45 minutes before it was cleaned up. That is disgusting. I am looking into private schools.

Fern creek high school is a good school . the teachers communicate everything and the people there are really nice . but some things the school could improve on is the cafeteria food and the bathrooms because they have cochroaches and ice running through the halls

My daughter is going into her junior year at Fern Creek and so far she has had a wonderful high school experience. I firmly believe that you get out of school what you put into it, and though I was hesitant to send her to FCHS based on its reputation in past years, we as parents have been very pleased. Any concerns I have brought to the administration have been handled quickly and fairly. The academics at Fern Creek have been excellent, and the relationship that Dr. Barber strives to form with each student is impressive. My daughter is involved in Chorus, Student Govenrment, and Cheer, and there have been only a few events that Dr. Barber has not attended, often with his own family in tow. Overall our family is extremely happy with the decision to Go Big Creek!

This school is the biggest joke! My daughter is a Junior and in all honors classes. First of all, they put her in honors mid freshman year without even asking us. She is smart but not honors level smart. BUT if you never have home work and get to retake every quiz and test you fail I guess it does not really matter how smart you are! My daughter has homework maybe 2 days a month, no joke. Also, she is in the communications program and I just found out last week that they let her leave during tags last period with a classmate to go shopping for supplies. This apparently happens a lot without my permission. Last, so many fights, 3 gun lock downs so far this year. No notifications for 2 lockdowns. Send your kid to Male or Ballard, not here. Unless you want them to be totally unprepared for college.

I go to this school and I feel this school is a rising star. I'm a freshman (class of 2015) and I will admit I was a little worried about going to this school. I had heard some negative comments about it in the Fern Creek community. However, I now feel great about picking this school. The staff is very enthusiastic and caring toward students. Our recent test scores speak for themselves. We are increasing scores at an alarming rate. I am so proud to be apart of the Fern Creek family. Hopefully in the years to come we can continue this momentum. Please ignore the negative reviews from past years. The school is now in a transition period for the better. It is much different from its earlier years. I encourage all to come be apart of this rising star and help raise it to the top. GO TIGERS! THE CREEK IS RISING!

I allowed my children to attend Fern Creek HS and live with their father. I live in Hardin Co. and the boys could have stayed there with me just the same. But after some research and talking to the boys about what they wanted I agreed to let them go in search of a GREAT education instead of an education that you may have to look for a little. After 1 year at ferncreek I think they would rather go to school where even though they had to work hard to get the education that was handed to them at fern creek. They lost sense of school pride although they both participate in sports and clubs. Bussing students has become a heated discussion. I went to my neighborhood school, with neighborhood friends that I knew. Nobody had to establish who they were and what they were about. Heck! we knew everyone. The stoner, the jocks, the drama queens, skateboarders, and fighters or bullies. Now these kids are around new people every year. They have to reestablish who they are and want so desperate to be. My youngest son is a giant ,as gentle as they come, and often the one they choose to pick on . I now realise what little ole' North Hardin is teaching is what my child needs. Respect for others.

I am a graduate of Fern Creek High School. This year I will complete my masters degree. I was certainly prepared for college and the teachers who taught my AP classes were some of the best educators I have ever met. I did notice the insane amounts of students who are lazy, disrespectful, and unmotivated. Go there and learn and you will be successful. Go there to sleep and socialize, you will be the underclass of society. Don't blame a school for your own problems.

I went to Fern Creek for all four years of high school. This school is less than favorable and I will tell you why. There are only two things that the administration cares about. Uniform and CATS testing. This school did NOT prepare me for college whatsoever. The school does not adhere to JCPS rules that are stated in the agenda. They will send kids to ISAP for any reason. The staff is lazy and power crazed. They have no problem sending your kid to in school suspension to stare a wall all day because their pants are faded. But God forbid they miss one day of school for a legitimate reason (They get paid for attendance). If you can, please send your kids else where. Really, this school will set them up for failure, I mean that whole heartedly. I know that my education was free, but I feel completely gipped, especially compared to schools in Indiana. We read Alice in Wonderland my senior year. I don't think that it is just Fern Creek. I believe that it is all JCPS schools. When I attended U of L, JCPS graduates were constantly complaining that they had never written a paper over 3 pages long and only knew how to write 3.5 (Which is used on the CATS testing.. no surprise there) .

This school is horrible. Teachers and staff do not communicate. No one know what is going on and they never return phone calls. The office staff is rude to students and parents alike. I have 5 children, 3 of them started at Fern Creek and by their Sophmore year transfered to other schools. I have never had so many problems out of a school ever. I would recommend that you send your childern anywhere else, anywhere. My childs cell phone was stolen out of their office while under their care and no one notified me. They are more worried about the dress code and looking for any little thing that your child may do wrong than their education.

Fern Creek has an extraordinary faculty and staff. I have worked closely with the administration in the last five years, and you will not find another school in Jefferson County with a more passionate and generous staff. Under the leadership of Dr. Barber and his team, Fern Creek is helping students achieve, learn and believe in themselves. There many exciting new initiatives as a result of the commitment to excellence which embodies the spirit of Fern Creek. Fern Creek has the only student run radio station and state of the art radio and television broadcasting equipment. FCHS receives tremendous support from an active and generous alumni association. I am proud to call Fern Creek my alma mater, and I believe in the current administration and support their efforts to inspire our kids to succeed...now and in the future.

Last modified Fern Creek Traditional High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.