Bad
Good

Atherton is a hidden gem in the Highlands. It has a very accepting culture and we have found almost every teacher to be engaged and focused, not just on education but on knowing their students as well. Coming from catholic school K-8, we were thrilled at our decision to send our daughter to Atherton.

Atherton strives not just on preparing your kids for college but bettering them as people. I thrived there. The teachers actually care for you. The students at Atgeeton are more accepting than any other school. The only thing kids at Atherton hate are people who are not tolerant and force their views on others. When it comes to things like drugs, there is about as many drugs as there are at every other school. The school gets a pot smoking reputation mainly because of the surrounding area gives off a hipster vibe. No one at the school pressures your child to do anything illegal. Even problem students don't try to pressure others. The school is a big community in that way.

I thrived at Atherton loved it in every way possible, was involved with soccer and learned things that I would not have learned anywhere else. I would recommend Atherton to any parent but only if their child has a strong moral compass because I found it hard to find a group of kids at Atherton that I could relate to that didn't do drugs. There are alot of drugs going on there.

My daughter loves it at Atherton. She is currently a senior and will graduate well prepared for college. She left the traditional program to attend Atherton. While it was the scariest decision we had ever made for her academically, it turned out to be the very best decision we could have made. She has wonderful teachers and a great principal and staff. Plans are for the next child to attend as well.

It is a wonderful school that really cares about it's students. Children and students who are "unique" really excel here. At this school there are really no cliques or real high school drama. Our principal Dr. Aberli really cares about our school, and is actually loved by students. Its a fun place to go to school, and even though our football team is lacking every high school event is filled with students. I would recommend anyone who wants to go to a school that will care about you and your academics should come visit Atherton and see why we're great.

I am currently a senior at atherton, and having spent almost four years there, I can safely say this is the best school I have ever been to. Atherton is the most unique school in JCPS. We offer a wide variety of courses and academic levels. Atherton has both AP and IB programs. IB (International Baccalaueate) is an academic program taught in over 140 countries. It is cosidered the world standard in education. The teachers at Atherton are excellent. They are highly skilled, and really care about the students. They are devoted to providing the best education possible. I have become very close to a lot of the teachers. There are also 5 foreign languages at Atherton, Spanish, French, German, Chinese, and Japanese. Atherton also has a diverse student body. We have a large number of exchange students and ESl students. Our school comunity is very close, and there is no descrimination of any kind. There are all types of people at Atherton, we have large percentage of gay, lesbian, and bisexual students. Students love Atherton so much, they often come to visit after they have graduated. I really love Atherton, and will miss this school when I graduate. I hope you can enjoy Atherton too.

Atherton high school provides a great experience in any area of learning. they teachers and staff are friendly and the students are above average.

I'm a student at Atherton and I have to say that it is amazing. Atherton is one big diverse family. No matter what your background is you will be accepted into the Atherton Family. Race, religion, political views, sexual orientation, and etc does not matter to anyone at this school. In middle school i was a straight A student and my parents told me that I have 3 choices, Manual, Male or Atherton. I said it looks like I'm going to Atherton. Has I look back I do not regret my decision and I'm proud to call myself a proud rebel. I am proud to be at a school that is accepting to anyone, and I'm proud to be at a school with high academic standards. I could go on about that forever but theres a word limit on this site. Just remeber GO REBELS!

I love Atherton. My daughter is thriving there. She is not only on the Soccer team but alos the dance team. Unlike other JCPS HS here at Atherton you can have the oppurtunities to do more than one sport at the same time. Acedemics are amazing and just as good if not better than Manuel. Our choice for Atherton was does she want to be a little fish in a big pond or a big fish in a little pond. We wanted her to not just be a number. We, an she are very happy .

I love atherton simply because we're such a diverse school, and you get to know each and everyone's story one day at a time, and what they've been through. It's just all around a great school.

Last modified Atherton High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.