Bad
Good

My daughter and I LOVE Medora Elementary! My daughter has had really great teachers here! The kids at this school are so different than the kids at most elementary schools, she has had no problems with bullying or mean kids in her classes. I never knew public school could be such a wonderful experience, but Medora Elem. has made that happen!!!

My child has been moved from Carter Trad. to Medora in the fifth grade. Please give me your honest thoughts and perspectives on this. Thanks for your time.

My son has been attending Medora for 2 yrs and I only picked the school because of the test scores.I did not know any of the teachers at the time. The past 2 years have been crazy. If its not a teachers last year then its their first year. My son does not get the help he needs at the school.When I addressed problems about things I felt my son was fallen behind in and we were given no help but things to do on the computer at home and told to read more at home. I hired a tutor to help with his reading and site words. I have heard from many parents that the new principal is taking the school downhill. I have to agree with them.

This school is ok, but just barely. It is not what it used to be before the previous principal left. She was AWESOME! I can unfortunately see Medora going downhill quickly year after year. I hate to say it, but it is just a matter of time before it becomes just like all the other horrible schools in JCPS if they do not do something, and fast. Every year the scores get worse and worse as does the behavior of the students. Such a shame, because at one time it really WAS, before the last principal retired, Louisville s best kept public school secret. Not anymore, it is like all the other schools now.

My nephew goes to Medora, and i love that he goes there. I wish i could get my child into Medora, but it is not part of our group/cluster, so i have to pay thousands of $$$$ a year in tuition to send him to a private school. If i did not send him to a private school, then his home school would be Kerrick--and that IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! It is funny how two schools can be so close physically, literally right down the street from each other, but worlds apart in education and discipline. Oh well, go figure.

Medora Elementary is the best kept secret in JCPS, It's like a private school. All of the staff are fantastic , Mrs. Pickup is absolutely wonderful. My son started going there in Kindergarden and is now starting the 3rd Grade. I will hate to see my son finish school there when he goes to a middle school.

It's great!?! And the teachers really do care for the students.. :)

Best public school in Jefferson County. It is like a FREE private school discipline and education wise. The only difference is they don't have church or a religion class for obvious reasons. Ms. Pickup is the best; we lucked out landing her!! Ms. Finn, who was her predecessor, was wonderful too. I highly recommend this school to anyone in the Medora cluster. However, get your children registered FAST, or they will wind up going to one of the sub-standard horrible schools in their cluster. Or JCPS in general for that matter. I hate to be so blunt, but it is true, Medora School is like a diamond amongst lumps of coal in JCPS. Why the other elementary schools can't mimic this school is beyond me.

Great school, both of my children attend there and the staff is excellent

My son went here a few years and now my daughter goes there. Very good school. Loves the kindergarten teacher, mrs. Gadlage and her first grade teacher. She is starting the 2nd grade now and we are actually excited. I want her to finish all grades until graduating from here. I recommend this school to everyone. if you want a family friendly school, this is the one for you!

Last modified Medora Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.