Bad
Good

This school is great for some but not all. If your child is gifted or has learning disabilities this is NOT the school for them. Almost all the education takes a middle of the road approach which is fine for a lot of kids, but not all. The bulk of the kids that do well here are upper middle in intelligence and socio-economic. Also note, you will run into a lot of fees and extra costs in traditional school. There are very few kids here that are not at least upper middle class. Overall a good school though.

My daughter attended Barrett and did really well at this school. I workecd very hard to get her transferred to this school since it was not in our District. I really love Barrett, and now I am a Grandmother trying to assist my daughter with placing my Grandson there. The school that he is going to will (eat him alive) he is truly not ready for all that he will have to contend with by attending this school. I truly believe that Barret would save his life. If anyone listening would have any advice for me(my Daughter) as to the best approach to get my Grandson moved to Barrett, please let me know! Thantk you , Terry L. Bright

It was my first year at Barret and I didn't know anybody. But all the students and staff made me feel great. Ican;t wait to come back next year. This is the best school ever.

I went to Barret a couple years ago and the thing that amazes me is....everyone that went there (in my grade at least) still talks about how Barret is an amazing school and how it was just a great time in their life. Whenever teachers or memories are brought up, anyone who over hears chimes in. I go to Louisville Male now and all the JCTMS and Johnson kids say they wish they went to Barret. You would be missing out on a great experience if you didn's send your child there.

I am currently a 7th grader at Barret. Last year, I hated this school with a burning passion. All the teacher DO have favorites, but when you get the nice teachers (which are actually very very rare), or teachers that are nice to you, Barret is not half bad. If you get stressed though, which is pretty easy considering the overloading homework, projects, etc. teachers do not help you. It can be very overwhelming, but it is fun sometimes!!!

I am a 8th grader at BTMS. This school is cheesy and over rated. The teachers get smart elic and roll thier eyes at you. The rules are sooooooooooo stupid. No braids,highlights,gum.....ect. Do not send your child here. I repeat. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!

I am a 7th grader and i however i went to Farnsley as 6th grader and transferd to barret because i had problems at farnsley. But I love barret. it is very strict but in a good way. they have good teachers and a wonderful curiculum and i love it. Good friends, good grades, high test scores what more could you want?

hii i am a new astudent 6th grade and it is wonderfull!!!!!! best school in usa strict but in a goodway great education

Barret schools is a great place for educating our children. My daughter came from another country and she had enormous support from teachers and administration at Barret as well as from students. Eveybody is very friendly and the programm is an excellent as well.

My child is having some challenging times currently and I have tried to contact the appropriate staff. I have had a very difficult time getting answers or even respondences to request for a conference. The school has many positives going for it, however, it does not appear easy to reach staff or teachers when needed

Last modified Barret Traditional Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.