Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Posted November 18, 2015
My 3 daughters were in the AP/MST program and straight A students. They were also in the orchestra and band. My oldest is now a senior at Manual in the AP/MST program. That is a super competitive school and she has always gotten A's and B's. Newburg truly prepared her. My middle is a Freshman at Atherton in their IBAP program on the honor roll. My youngest is a 6th grader there, a straight A student and loves it. She is super quiet and usually non-social. However, she has made lots of high quality friends who are all excellent students. Never had a problem getting in touch with teachers, the principal is hands-on with the students and I always feel welcome. I'm a social worker and have worked with kids for many years. Middle school is a tough time no matter where your child goes. You must be an involved parent in and out of the school and talk to your child on a daily basis about issues. I had one problem years ago at Newburg with a teacher. A meeting was scheduled with my daughter, myself, the counselor, principal and teacher. It was resolved immediately. If there are issues at any school, you've got to show up and advocate for your child. I love Newburg!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 02, 2015
Give them a slap on their hand and let them continue doing the same horrible behavior. No parent involvement in this school. Makes a huge difference in the success of a school.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 02, 2015
I feel this school has been a set back for my daughter. Kids are so disrespectful and disruptive that there is no learning to be done. Horrible experience for us and I do not recommend this school.

Newburg Middle School 1

Posted March 29, 2015
Agree with other parents on here. MST has been put in this school to try and bring up the testing scores because the school is horrible. If you love your children, do not send them to this school. It will turn them into a nervous child if they are not used to being around bullies. Horrible, horrible experience. Need more than one officer in this school. Need to hire more officers to patrol cafeteria and hallways. Not worth it!

Newburg Middle School 2

Posted March 24, 2015
I'm rating this school below average due to bullying in the school. Something needs to be done about it. Potential for a great school if this could be controlled and taken serious. Someone of high authority needs to look into this and learn to manage or school will continue to go down. MST is a positive point of the school but who wants to go there if your child is just going to be bullied when they are forced to be with the general educational kids at times.

Newburg Middle School 1

Posted February 23, 2015
Terrible school. My child started here and her future has been ruined. We have been dealing with bullying all year. Staff all the way to the principal has done nothing. They pull my child aside and tell her that it isnt bullying when other kids attack her race, background and "nerdiness." She was even attacked physically! My phone calls and emails are never returned. I have to show up and be angry to get any results. My child has been so focused on protecting herself that she has not focused on her grades and they have slipped some. The staff continues to pull her out of her music class to question her about what she is telling me, I guess to cover their behinds. I'm completely disgusted. I've never seen anything this awful...those poor children....

Posted May 07, 2014
My son started Newburg Middle School last year. He loves it and it was a great transition for him from 5th grade. Newburg is a great school, the only problem is there are kids who do not have home training in there. If your child is good leader and not a follower, NMS is a place to be. Their MST program is just awesome. Teachers are great and hardworking.

Posted February 19, 2014
Fun, active, great learning environment. Ms. Jackman's the best! We've been excelling as we begin the new after school, ELP Program. Which is leading us down the right path of high test scores.

Posted August 13, 2012
If you looking for a hidden jewel, then Newburg Middle School is for your family. We now have our youngest child entering Newburg and are excited to get her started. We have the utmost confidence in our choice and know from past experience that she will excel in this middle school. The teachers and principal will make sure of this. Put the rumors to rest about the neighborhood. Our two older children were fine and I never felt unsafe while visiting the school. There are a lot of after school clubs for the students. Remember, no school is perfect, especially middle school. If your looking for a great education regardless of socioeconomics, race, or religion, than this is the school for you. The MST and Advance program rocks!

Posted August 20, 2011
As an alumni of newburg i would highly reccomend this school. although it is in a not so great neighborhood the academic programs are amazing. they have great teachers, administrators, and a great principal. I attended newburg in the advanced MST classes and loved it. all the teachers are great and they know how to keep classes fun. Since newburg is in a not so great neighborhood some students are not good role models so i wouldn't reccomend sending a child that is more of a follower then a leader, but besides that they are great and because of newburg. Their staff is also very helpful and helped me with my entire application process to get into Manual High

4901 Exeter Av., Louisville, KY  40218
Last modified Newburg Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newburg Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top