Louisville, KY
Students enrolled: 1,031

Newburg Middle School 2

Posted March 24, 2015
I'm rating this school below average due to bullying in the school. Something needs to be done about it. Potential for a great school if this could be controlled and taken serious. Someone of high authority needs to look into this and learn to manage or school will continue to go down. MST is a positive point of the school but who wants to go there if your child is just going to be bullied when they are forced to be with the general educational kids at times.

Posted February 23, 2015
Terrible school. My child started here and her future has been ruined. We have been dealing with bullying all year. Staff all the way to the principal has done nothing. They pull my child aside and tell her that it isnt bullying when other kids attack her race, background and "nerdiness." She was even attacked physically! My phone calls and emails are never returned. I have to show up and be angry to get any results. My child has been so focused on protecting herself that she has not focused on her grades and they have slipped some. The staff continues to pull her out of her music class to question her about what she is telling me, I guess to cover their behinds. I'm completely disgusted. I've never seen anything this awful...those poor children....
5 people found this helpful

Posted May 07, 2014
My son started Newburg Middle School last year. He loves it and it was a great transition for him from 5th grade. Newburg is a great school, the only problem is there are kids who do not have home training in there. If your child is good leader and not a follower, NMS is a place to be. Their MST program is just awesome. Teachers are great and hardworking.

Posted August 13, 2012
If you looking for a hidden jewel, then Newburg Middle School is for your family. We now have our youngest child entering Newburg and are excited to get her started. We have the utmost confidence in our choice and know from past experience that she will excel in this middle school. The teachers and principal will make sure of this. Put the rumors to rest about the neighborhood. Our two older children were fine and I never felt unsafe while visiting the school. There are a lot of after school clubs for the students. Remember, no school is perfect, especially middle school. If your looking for a great education regardless of socioeconomics, race, or religion, than this is the school for you. The MST and Advance program rocks!

Posted August 20, 2011
As an alumni of newburg i would highly reccomend this school. although it is in a not so great neighborhood the academic programs are amazing. they have great teachers, administrators, and a great principal. I attended newburg in the advanced MST classes and loved it. all the teachers are great and they know how to keep classes fun. Since newburg is in a not so great neighborhood some students are not good role models so i wouldn't reccomend sending a child that is more of a follower then a leader, but besides that they are great and because of newburg. Their staff is also very helpful and helped me with my entire application process to get into Manual High

Posted April 25, 2011
This is a great school. They have caring teachers and a great principal. I really recomend this school to any folks looking for a middle school.

Posted March 25, 2011
the school is a total prison for 6th graders! you get home work in every subject every single night, even on the week ends! and you cant wear a jacket with a zipper! and there are so many arguments and fights!

Posted February 18, 2010

Posted January 08, 2010

Posted September 17, 2009

Newburg Middle School
4901 Exeter Av., Louisville, KY  40218
Last modified Newburg Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newburg Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top