Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have two kids currently attending this school. My oldest started out in another JCPS school and this is by far the best. I also have a child with special needs that attends this school. Both of my children obviously are different learning levels and Bates has been able to accommodate them both. The staff has always been very friendly and very helpful.

This school really cares about ALL the students. They have caring teachers, assistants and administrators. I would not want to send my kids anywhere else!! Perfect place to start kids in Kindergarten and goes to fifth grade.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Absolutely !! The teachers at Bates are some of the best.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers build a relation with the students and really know who they are.

The teachers & staff love my kids! They are cared for and nurtured every single day. The students are the reason that the teachers and staff come to work each day.

My son has been here for two years now and we love how much he excels here! The teachers are top notch and the school allows parents to be involved.

All 3 of my children have attended Bates. We have had such an amazing experience with our school family. They have it all: chorus, band, orchestra, hand bells, cross country, basketball, soccer, cheerleading, book club, quick recall, robotics, school plays, school mascot. They have strong academics as well as a focus on developing our kids to be good citizens. Their teachers are great and invested in the school. We have many kiddos of the teachers attending our school. Definitely a school family. I have a child in 3rd grade, and my other 2 have moved on to middle school, in 6th and 8th. My older children were very well prepared to move on to middle school, being able to test into AP and gifted and talented. I attribute their success to the solid foundation they received at Bates. There are so many events and opportunities to be involved in the Bates school community. They have: a walkathon, back to school bash, hot dogs with dads, grandparents day celebration, veterans day ceremony, movies w/ mom, treat and eat night, thanksgiving family luncheon, book fairs, skate nights, storytime with santa, dances. With 550 students, this is a great, small, community school.

This school is the best. we have home work everyday.all these bad comments are untrue. fern creek is no better. we have the a.p.

We have 2 children, both of which attended/are attending Bates Elementary. We prayed a lot and researched several schools, public and private, before our oldest child started Kindergarten a few years ago. The teachers and staff were/are so welcoming and open to the involvement of family that we have been able to be a part of both our children's educational pathways. You won't find administration and staff more caring and concerned for your child's education and safety anywhere than you will find at Bates. I thank God every day for bringing us to Bates. After 6 years of academic instruction at Bates, our son was accepted into an AP STEM program. He was chosen to participate in Duke University's 7th grade talent search program, and was invited to participate in 3 summer studies offered by Duke, a summer program for junior scholars in Washington, DC, and an advanced Math and Science summer study at WKU. He is excelling greatly in his academic studies and we are very proud to say that his academic career began at Bates Elementary. Our daughter is in her third year at Bates and we have no doubts that she will reach great heights in her academic ability as well.

I absolutely love this school , my nephew attended Bates K-5 and my Grandaughter is now enrolled there ! The teachers are very attentive toward the students and keep you informed in your child's progress . The ratio teacher per student is good . My granddaughter is reading above her grade level and loves going to school ! Grandparent

Last modified Bates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.