Bad
Good

The teachers & staff love my kids! They are cared for and nurtured every single day. The students are the reason that the teachers and staff come to work each day.

My son has been here for two years now and we love how much he excels here! The teachers are top notch and the school allows parents to be involved.

All 3 of my children have attended Bates. We have had such an amazing experience with our school family. They have it all: chorus, band, orchestra, hand bells, cross country, basketball, soccer, cheerleading, book club, quick recall, robotics, school plays, school mascot. They have strong academics as well as a focus on developing our kids to be good citizens. Their teachers are great and invested in the school. We have many kiddos of the teachers attending our school. Definitely a school family. I have a child in 3rd grade, and my other 2 have moved on to middle school, in 6th and 8th. My older children were very well prepared to move on to middle school, being able to test into AP and gifted and talented. I attribute their success to the solid foundation they received at Bates. There are so many events and opportunities to be involved in the Bates school community. They have: a walkathon, back to school bash, hot dogs with dads, grandparents day celebration, veterans day ceremony, movies w/ mom, treat and eat night, thanksgiving family luncheon, book fairs, skate nights, storytime with santa, dances. With 550 students, this is a great, small, community school.

This school is the best. we have home work everyday.all these bad comments are untrue. fern creek is no better. we have the a.p.

We have 2 children, both of which attended/are attending Bates Elementary. We prayed a lot and researched several schools, public and private, before our oldest child started Kindergarten a few years ago. The teachers and staff were/are so welcoming and open to the involvement of family that we have been able to be a part of both our children's educational pathways. You won't find administration and staff more caring and concerned for your child's education and safety anywhere than you will find at Bates. I thank God every day for bringing us to Bates. After 6 years of academic instruction at Bates, our son was accepted into an AP STEM program. He was chosen to participate in Duke University's 7th grade talent search program, and was invited to participate in 3 summer studies offered by Duke, a summer program for junior scholars in Washington, DC, and an advanced Math and Science summer study at WKU. He is excelling greatly in his academic studies and we are very proud to say that his academic career began at Bates Elementary. Our daughter is in her third year at Bates and we have no doubts that she will reach great heights in her academic ability as well.

I absolutely love this school , my nephew attended Bates K-5 and my Grandaughter is now enrolled there ! The teachers are very attentive toward the students and keep you informed in your child's progress . The ratio teacher per student is good . My granddaughter is reading above her grade level and loves going to school ! Grandparent

My child is a student at Bates Elementary and I am extremely disappointed. Before relocating here my daughter was having assignments such as double digit math, basic sign language, basic Spanish, etc in kindergarten. Her first assignment here at Bates was a color the box with 1 in it blue. I am extremely disappointed.

My child is a student at Bates Elementary and I could not be happier with the education he is receiveing. As a school administrator in another district I have decent knowledge on what makes a school great, and Bates definitely measures up. The teachers my son has had are top notch, engaging and dedicated to their jobs. My son is reading and doing math above grade level and actually loves going to school each day. I'm aware that there is some change in leadership going on right now that will only improve an already great school. There is a "tight knit" feeling to Bates that reminds me of the expereince I had growing up in a Catholic school, and parent involvement is very high. My top priority is that my child is in a caring school, and in all of my expereince in various schools around the district and in other districts, Bates by far tops the list in that respect. It is a shame that disgruntled parents use this website to rant. To prospective parents- take a tour of Bates and see for yourself. You wont be disappointed.

Bates Elementary is an excellent school. My child's teacher is wonderful. She communicates with us, brings out the most creative thinking in my child and truly cares for my child. There are so many extra curricular activities. My child has been on cross country, played hand bells and sang in the choir. I am always welcomed and the administration makes sure my child is safe. I highly recommend Bates.

This school is horrible. My son goes there. Last year was the worst. My son constantly came home to tell me that part of his lunch was stolen and nothing was ever done about it. A kid brought a pocket knife to school and my husband talked to the principal about it, but of course nothing was done. My son scored into advanced placement for the fourth grade, but because he was unable to print an assignment in computer class he was given an incomplete and is now returning to Bates another year. When I found out I was devastated. Hopefully he will place into a better school next year.

Last modified Bates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.