Louisville, KY

St Matthews Elementary School 1

Posted February 07, 2014
I am a former parent of St. Matthews. Although my student has moved onto middle school. I feel it necessary to warn future families. This school is absolutely horrible. My child attended from K-5. And every year my child came home in tears. The teachers were rude and verbally abusive. The staff and teachers humiliated my child in front of the class constantly, which of course made the other kids think it was ok. My child was bullied by the teachers and kids at this school and nothing was ever done about it. I am currently in the process with the board and news media to make our experiences known. There was a teacher that made my 1st grader (at the time) stand outside the class room door and told them to walk home!!! This school is 100% terrible. Many of the teachers and staff are old, cranky and need to retire. My child enrolled in this school a very happy child and left 5th grade in need of a therapist. We are currently at a private school. I would definitely stay away from St. Matthews elementary and JCPS altogether.

Posted September 03, 2013
My son started kindergarten in St. Matthews Elementary School this fall. At the first two school days he cried and didn't want to school. But now I ask him "Do you want to go to school?", he said "Yes!". So he had fun at school. The teachers are very nice here. The kids got homework almost every day. I feel that's a very good learning experience for kids. It's a wonderful school.

Posted April 24, 2013
My grandson started kindergarten here this fall the whole family thinks it is wonderful. Every day my daughter asks him what he did in school today and he answers "Had Fun". As a former teacher myself, that is what learning should be. Lots of parent involvement, Google news e-mails sent out all the time about events, student art all over the walls. Great learning atmosphere.

St Matthews Elementary School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
First, I love the school because my son loves the school...since day 1 in kindergarten. Everything about it. Love that they emphasize 'making good choices'. It is a bright, happy, and cheerful atmosphere.

Posted May 19, 2009
I have 2 children at St Matthews and could not be happier with the education that they are receiving. The teachers and adminstration are very supportive and the parents very involved.

Posted June 26, 2008

Posted February 20, 2008
This school has the best principal in the Louisville area and his enthusiasm and dedication have drawn excellent teachers to the school to be a part of the school. I would highly recommend St. Matthews to anyone looking for a high quality school in the Louisville area.

Posted August 29, 2007
My daughter went to kindergarten here. Ms. R Seebold is the best. Great school!

Posted May 30, 2007
We had three children go through St Matthews, all with different learning styles and abilities. All three received an excellent education and were challenged. They all went to top schools and programs after SME. The principal and staff are second to none! It is also an excellent school to become involved on any level as a parent. The school has a warm nurturing environment and children are happy there. It is definitely the school I would recommend above all including private and parochial.

Posted May 24, 2007
My children attended St. Matthews in 2003/2004 and I can honestly say that we were blessed to have them there. Since then, we moved and were at two other schools. The difference is amazing. St. Matthews is so top notch from the principal to the janitor. We really miss the school, especially Mr. Siebert, the music teacher! He is so wonderfully talented and works so well with the children. The principal, Mr. Leffert is by far superior to any in Louisville. I just cant say how great this school is and how terribly it is missed. Mrs. Davis was so wonderful to my son! He continues to excel because of her. Way To Go St. Matthews! The McIntyre family

St Matthews Elementary School
601 Browns Ln, Louisville, KY  40207
Last modified St Matthews Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St Matthews Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top