Louisville, KY

Wilder Elementary School 2

Posted December 02, 2014
I'm sure this school is great if you have a well performing child with n self-esteem issues. My child needed accommodations for ADHD and some mild motor skills delays and despite an IEP never got the help he was legally entitled to. He was also bullied by a teacher, and the administration was completely ineffective in dealing with the problem. The school plays lip service to being anti-bullying and diverse but is completely ineffective when real problems are brought to them. If your child is above average and requires no extra assistance, I'm sure they will be fine.

Posted November 09, 2013
Wilder is a solid school in the Louisville area. My son enjoys going there and is getting a good education, which is the important part. The only complaint I have had is the jump to label ADD or ADHD. I took the teachers' advice two years straight and put him on Vyvanse, while not really agreeing. Finally I decided to take him off of the meds and he is doing better than ever. Sometimes you just have to realize that they are young kids and are not going to be still or quiet the entire day. Beyond that, I am happy with where my boy was placed and the friends he has made. Also, up to this point we haven't had any bullying issues, which is an important topic now.

Wilder Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2013
My daughter also attends Wilder. It is a good school with good environment; since my child is reserved and shy we are planning to move her to a private school where student teacher ratio is less. Any suggestions..

Wilder Elementary School 1

Posted September 10, 2013
Beware, have you ever been so glad to be done with something that you just let out a big exhale? That was our reaction to the last day of school at Wilder. Although there were several good/great teachers along the way the bad/uncaring teachers made the overall experience rather sour. Management was unimpressive and concerns were never truly addressed or handled. We sometimes wondered if they actually listened to parents about a teacher that bullied kids, or a teacher not actually teaching or giving false information, safety concerns brought on by teachers poor judgement. We actually had a very seasoned teacher try to teach my child that Louisville, KY was not in the Eastern Time zone because she claimed the text book got it wrong when in fact the book we looked at was accurate. We didn't move our kids as other families did because they were not a target of some of the inappropriate activity and we felt the disruption of friendships was something to consider but we did have a lot more "discussions" on what is appropriate behavior (mostly adult behavior) and why people act the way they do more often than we should have at an elementary level. Good Luck with your choice!!

Posted July 20, 2010
My daughter had a wonderful, caring teacher at Wilder who communicated with me on a regular basis about her progress. She did enjoy some of the after school activities offered. We did have to deal with some bullying problems on the bus.

Posted October 10, 2009
Wilder has been a wonderful school my son. He enjoys his school work and the teachers. The teachers are great at helping the children learn, even if they are having trouble. They also make learing fun. It is a wonderful family like enviroment that is condusive to learing.

Wilder Elementary School

Posted October 06, 2009
The teachers and parents involvement make a great atmosphere for learning.

Posted September 16, 2009
This is a wonderful school. The teachers are very caring and make learning fun for the kids. My son has special needs and Wilder has done a wonderful job in helping him achieve in school.They involve the parents and communicate openly about your child's education.

Posted February 27, 2007
My son is only in Kindergarten, but we have had a wonderful experience so far. We love his teacher and the TA, and we love the principal. I do not like all day Kindergarten programs, but that was our only option since we couldn't pay for private tuition. Everyone at the school seems to be very compassionate and helpful with these little kids and all the big adjustments they have to go through. I have attended a few PTA meetings and I have been very impressed with the parental support. I feel very fortunate that my son is able to go to Wilder. If I had any complaints, it would be regarding the 'full day' kindergarten program which is district wide. I wish we could have found a half day program. We will do everything we can to keep our kids at Wilder.

Posted January 15, 2007
My children enjoy Wilder. There seems to be a great caring atmosphere from the teachers & assistants. After speaking to the principal about my child's special health needs, she was very accommodating. As with all schools, I think communication between parents & staff are the key element in a great education for your children. The PTA has many extra activities & parental involvement that seems greater than in most schools. Academics are truly important to this school, as well as a healthy environment.

Wilder Elementary School
1913 Herr Ln, Louisville, KY  40222
Last modified Wilder Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilder Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top