Wilder Elementary School 4

Posted November 09, 2013
Wilder is a solid school in the Louisville area. My son enjoys going there and is getting a good education, which is the important part. The only complaint I have had is the jump to label ADD or ADHD. I took the teachers' advice two years straight and put him on Vyvanse, while not really agreeing. Finally I decided to take him off of the meds and he is doing better than ever. Sometimes you just have to realize that they are young kids and are not going to be still or quiet the entire day. Beyond that, I am happy with where my boy was placed and the friends he has made. Also, up to this point we haven't had any bullying issues, which is an important topic now.

Wilder Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2013
My daughter also attends Wilder. It is a good school with good environment; since my child is reserved and shy we are planning to move her to a private school where student teacher ratio is less. Any suggestions..

Wilder Elementary School 1

Posted September 10, 2013
Beware, have you ever been so glad to be done with something that you just let out a big exhale? That was our reaction to the last day of school at Wilder. Although there were several good/great teachers along the way the bad/uncaring teachers made the overall experience rather sour. Management was unimpressive and concerns were never truly addressed or handled. We sometimes wondered if they actually listened to parents about a teacher that bullied kids, or a teacher not actually teaching or giving false information, safety concerns brought on by teachers poor judgement. We actually had a very seasoned teacher try to teach my child that Louisville, KY was not in the Eastern Time zone because she claimed the text book got it wrong when in fact the book we looked at was accurate. We didn't move our kids as other families did because they were not a target of some of the inappropriate activity and we felt the disruption of friendships was something to consider but we did have a lot more "discussions" on what is appropriate behavior (mostly adult behavior) and why people act the way they do more often than we should have at an elementary level. Good Luck with your choice!!

Wilder Elementary School 4

Posted July 20, 2010
My daughter had a wonderful, caring teacher at Wilder who communicated with me on a regular basis about her progress. She did enjoy some of the after school activities offered. We did have to deal with some bullying problems on the bus.

Posted March 25, 2010

Posted October 10, 2009
Wilder has been a wonderful school my son. He enjoys his school work and the teachers. The teachers are great at helping the children learn, even if they are having trouble. They also make learing fun. It is a wonderful family like enviroment that is condusive to learing.

Wilder Elementary School 0

Posted October 06, 2009
The teachers and parents involvement make a great atmosphere for learning.

Posted October 06, 2009

Posted September 16, 2009
This is a wonderful school. The teachers are very caring and make learning fun for the kids. My son has special needs and Wilder has done a wonderful job in helping him achieve in school.They involve the parents and communicate openly about your child's education.

Posted March 04, 2009

Wilder Elementary School
1913 Herr Ln, Louisville, KY  40222
Last modified Wilder Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilder Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.