Posted February 17, 2009
my son does wonderful here.he is now in third grade. all of his teachers from k-now have been great.

Watson Lane Elementary School 2

Posted September 09, 2008
Very poor quality of education provided, my child essentially learned nothing the entire year he was in this school, very little guidance, unruly children, very poor unstimulating learning environment, not a good choice, could do more harm than good in the way of a childs confidence, motivation and overall educational experience.

Posted May 16, 2007
My daughter started Watson Lane in Kindergarten and is now graduating the 5th grade. I think Watson Lane is a great school. Over the years I have had only one teacher bother me, the rest I have a great respect for. Especially her 2nd and 5th grade teachers. They have shown her a great deal of encouragement. I wouldn't change a thing about this school. They have so much for our children and us as parents. If you have a child who is willing to learn this is the school for him/her. I recommend this school to eveyone.I am also upset with the parents who have negative comments, just because you get upset about a specific incident does not give you the right to down a great staff. I am proud to say that my daughter has attended Watson Lane, and I will miss it dearly as she goes to middle school.

Posted February 28, 2007
1st and 2nd went by okay but 3rd grade showed me what the school was really like. No one wants to deal with any real problems. I have had the same issues with a teacher all year(my son is ADHD and needs certain things)and I have had meeting after meeting and nothing is changing. I was told well just make it through this year and next year will be better. If you have a child who's chronically ill it's like an ongoing punishment. If they miss days they will be excluded from the drawings for bikes, etc. They don't care about your child only the money they miss if they're not in school. The latest one is your child doesn't get to bring his pillow and books into school and read if he does not get donations. The one who gets more money gets a gift. This is an awful school.

Watson Lane Elementary School 5

Posted September 18, 2006

Watson Lane Elementary School 2

Posted April 27, 2006
I have really given Watson Lane alot of chances to prove themselves but the school is just to far behind other public schools. I understand how hard the teachers have it but to quote a teacher at this school 'since your child is so sweet and doesnt cause any behavior problems she will probably fall through the cracks.' Not to promising coming from a teacher. If you want your child to go to a school where the staff really cares, skip this school!

Posted June 29, 2005
- a staff

Posted May 05, 2005
Discipline- Kindergartners eat early in the day so they have milkbreak because they tend to be hungry, my son s teacher removes milk break from the class for the day as a form of punishment. Sick!. Safety - let s put it like this, I ve seen kindergartners going to the office to have their medicine handed to them by the staff to administer it to themselves! I don t see that as safe, but irresponsible! Parent involvement-not much, teachers simply don t want parents there. Extracurricular activities- That doesn t exist at this school for 3rd and under! For 4th & 5th not much! Teacher quality- I ve seen better and more enthusiastic. Not all are bad, but most are preoccupied with other things outside of class and are not there for the students. Principal Leadership Obviously a school with this many problems can t have that great of a Leader. Overall quality- Drastic Improvement Needed! STAFF-MAKEOVER!

Posted April 26, 2005
I wish the staff could wear my shoes for a day and see how cold they are to my child and my concerns. Kindergartners are forced to walk all the way to the other side of the building in a mass mob of kids in the morning and parents are not allowed down with them. This leaves the smallest kids in the school alone to fend for themselves against the older kids. Parents who have concerns about safety and education are treated like they re insane. Two thumbs down for Watson Lane! Thank your Greatschools.com!

Posted April 26, 2005

Watson Lane Elementary School
7201 Watson Ln, Louisville, KY  40272
Last modified Watson Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Watson Lane Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top