Louisville, KY

Posted February 17, 2009
my son does wonderful here.he is now in third grade. all of his teachers from k-now have been great.

Watson Lane Elementary School 2

Posted September 09, 2008
Very poor quality of education provided, my child essentially learned nothing the entire year he was in this school, very little guidance, unruly children, very poor unstimulating learning environment, not a good choice, could do more harm than good in the way of a childs confidence, motivation and overall educational experience.

Posted May 16, 2007
My daughter started Watson Lane in Kindergarten and is now graduating the 5th grade. I think Watson Lane is a great school. Over the years I have had only one teacher bother me, the rest I have a great respect for. Especially her 2nd and 5th grade teachers. They have shown her a great deal of encouragement. I wouldn't change a thing about this school. They have so much for our children and us as parents. If you have a child who is willing to learn this is the school for him/her. I recommend this school to eveyone.I am also upset with the parents who have negative comments, just because you get upset about a specific incident does not give you the right to down a great staff. I am proud to say that my daughter has attended Watson Lane, and I will miss it dearly as she goes to middle school.

Posted February 28, 2007
1st and 2nd went by okay but 3rd grade showed me what the school was really like. No one wants to deal with any real problems. I have had the same issues with a teacher all year(my son is ADHD and needs certain things)and I have had meeting after meeting and nothing is changing. I was told well just make it through this year and next year will be better. If you have a child who's chronically ill it's like an ongoing punishment. If they miss days they will be excluded from the drawings for bikes, etc. They don't care about your child only the money they miss if they're not in school. The latest one is your child doesn't get to bring his pillow and books into school and read if he does not get donations. The one who gets more money gets a gift. This is an awful school.

Watson Lane Elementary School 2

Posted April 27, 2006
I have really given Watson Lane alot of chances to prove themselves but the school is just to far behind other public schools. I understand how hard the teachers have it but to quote a teacher at this school 'since your child is so sweet and doesnt cause any behavior problems she will probably fall through the cracks.' Not to promising coming from a teacher. If you want your child to go to a school where the staff really cares, skip this school!

Posted May 05, 2005
Discipline- Kindergartners eat early in the day so they have milkbreak because they tend to be hungry, my son s teacher removes milk break from the class for the day as a form of punishment. Sick!. Safety - let s put it like this, I ve seen kindergartners going to the office to have their medicine handed to them by the staff to administer it to themselves! I don t see that as safe, but irresponsible! Parent involvement-not much, teachers simply don t want parents there. Extracurricular activities- That doesn t exist at this school for 3rd and under! For 4th & 5th not much! Teacher quality- I ve seen better and more enthusiastic. Not all are bad, but most are preoccupied with other things outside of class and are not there for the students. Principal Leadership Obviously a school with this many problems can t have that great of a Leader. Overall quality- Drastic Improvement Needed! STAFF-MAKEOVER!

Posted April 26, 2005
I wish the staff could wear my shoes for a day and see how cold they are to my child and my concerns. Kindergartners are forced to walk all the way to the other side of the building in a mass mob of kids in the morning and parents are not allowed down with them. This leaves the smallest kids in the school alone to fend for themselves against the older kids. Parents who have concerns about safety and education are treated like they re insane. Two thumbs down for Watson Lane! Thank your Greatschools.com!

Posted April 04, 2005
I really like the school and wish the teachers could go to middle school with me. I really like it here. They are all nice to me. I don't like the school work. But I will never go to collage if I don't do it. I really like it when we do the fun stuff in the school. When they bring in the bands and other things for us. We even get popcorn to. They some times let us eat lunch in our rooms, to cool. Wish that people would stop and ask the kids what they think sometimes. Maybe we know what we want.I wish the adults did not fight over it all. My mom did say it was ok for me to write this.And I am glad she let me. Because the parents sometimes don't listen to us. Thank you great schools for putting me on there to.

Watson Lane Elementary School 5

Posted March 31, 2005
I would like to say that I am surprised and schocked at the comments that I have seen on this website concening Watson Lane Elementary. I know that all of the teachers and assistants at Watson Lane truely care for the children. The staff go above and beyond when it comes to caring for the children. I know for a fact that many staff memebers purchase needed supplies, pay for field trips, take students on special trips, etc, etc.... I feel that some of the comments made on the website were made out of anger and were very inaccurate. I woulod like for one of the parents who put down the school to come in and experience the challenges of being a teacher.

Posted March 16, 2005
Overall the staff cares about the children at Watson Lane. I have one child at Watson Lane and two that are now in middle school. The two in middle school were prepared for middle school at Watson Lane. The child that still attends Watson Lane has had trouble reading. They have a reading recovery program that caught him up to his classmates. The staff has always answered my questions and worked around my schedual for appointments. In the last twelve years they've done things to improve the safety for the children. Some of the changes did'nt make me happy at the time but now I do'nt know why we ever did things the other way. Seeing the problems my sister has with the school her children go to I'm glad of my children went and go to Watson Lane.

Watson Lane Elementary School
7201 Watson Ln, Louisville, KY  40272
Last modified Watson Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Watson Lane Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top