Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

No consequences for disruptive behavior. This fact overwhelms good intentions.Learning, no matter how engaging, cannot be "rigorous" or lift the year-after-year low test scores.

Westport Montessori is JCPS's best kept secret. The program is phenomenal and the teachers are excellent! This is a tight knit community that connects with students and their families upon admission into the program. The biggest surprise for me is Westport overall. The teachers, administrators and staff are high energy and very positive. You can tell that they want to create a positive experience and learning environment for all students. Everyone I talk to at the school is very helpful. A shout out to Peggy the school secretary for being so professional, friendly, and fun. Kudos to Dr. Edelman and her team for the turnaround!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers have a vested interest inside and outside the classroom. They stay after school to help students who need extra attention.

The Montessori program is amazing! The teachers are dedicated to helping each student achieve their very best!

I have been at Westport Middle School Montesori Magneg Program for two years. The Montessori Magnet program has really shaped me into being more observe, managing my time better, being more organized, and more social. My language arts and science teacher in 6 grade was very disappointing. Her and I bumped heads multiple times. Ms. Houston had class favorites, or as my class calls them "the brat pack", I was and will never be a teachers pet. She treated them a lot differently, yhat is something that I am not ok with. The 6th and 7th grades both got brand new councelrs. They are both adjusting well, and can really deal with any type of situation. In the 2013-14 and 2014-15 schools year, about 10 teachers and administraters left the school. In the 2014-15 school year, I have noticed a dramatic difference. The 6th grade nurtured and kept the students safe and didn't let the kids interact with any other student execpt for the other Montessori kids. The 7th grade is completly different. We mix with all the different teams. This year, I have been spit on and visually attacked. I will continue my 7th grade year in the Montessori Magnet Program, then will transfer schools.

I am a parent of WMS and have been for the last 6 years with my 4th child attending. When my children started this school 6 years ago I was very dissatisfied with the administration as well as the teachers. I did not plan on sending the next child until I heard that Dr. E was coming and another boat load of teachers. I was not disappointed either, the teachers that started that year were awesome and amazing and they have yet to let me down. I have sat in the classes on multiple times throughout the years just to see how things are going and the amount of patience as well as the skills they possess to deal with the amount of disrespect a lot of these children attending dish out. I am quite happy that my children attend this school and I thank all the teachers for doing what they do.

Well there are some bullies in the school but other wise it's a good learning environment.i will tell you about some things there is a big gym a small gym and the school has a great mascot. The mascot is a pig it's name Is Mayberry she's a really cute pig. I think others should know more about each other, I think they should also learn more about what bulling can do to children. Well I love gym class i'm in the small gym with the pig named Mayberry. It's so cute how Mayberry tries to run with the class. Like I said before you should send your children to Westport it's a really good school. My school could improve by throwing out the bullies in the school.

I am glad that my daughter is in the Montessori Program! Westport gets Kudos for timely communication, groovy teachers, and great leadership and cooperation among principal and staff. My child's schoolwork and overall education is topnotch. The teachers work hard to communicate what is going on the classroom and how my child is doing. I can honestly say that I am very happy with our choice to get her in this program. Our kids were educated in the elementary montessori program (shout out to Coleridge-Taylor!) and wanted that great education to continue--And Westport is it! I know my child will have the skills to perform at an AP level in high school.

I'm going into the 7th grade at Westport Middle and it is amazing. I feel like I got more education in my 6th grade year than all of elementary school combined the teachers are great and encouraging at Westport and really help each and every child to teach their full potential

This school is a disgrace to the east end of Louisville's reputation of safety, hard work and quality. To be located in such a nice community and deliver such low ratings year after year is beyond disappointing.

Last modified Westport Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.