PK, 6-8
Louisville, KY

Posted July 25, 2014
I'm going into the 7th grade at Westport Middle and it is amazing. I feel like I got more education in my 6th grade year than all of elementary school combined the teachers are great and encouraging at Westport and really help each and every child to teach their full potential

Westport Middle School 1

Posted February 24, 2014
This school is a disgrace to the east end of Louisville's reputation of safety, hard work and quality. To be located in such a nice community and deliver such low ratings year after year is beyond disappointing.

Posted December 16, 2013
I teach at Westport and I LOVE it. The administration and teachers are competent, student-centered, caring and dynamic. I look forward to coming to work every day, because the culture here is so positive. I have worked in other schools, and I honestly believe that our teachers here could compete with any teachers nationally. This is a great place to work, and if I had middle-school-aged kids, I would DEFINITELY send them here to the Montessori program, though all the teachers are outstanding.

Posted October 28, 2013
My daughter started at WMS Montessori this year after 6 years at a private school and we have been very pleased with her teachers and the administration at WMS. I knew the previous reputation WMS had but was excited for my daughter to go here with all the improvements they've made. We've loved every minute and look forward to the years to come. The teachers are very involved and really get to know the kids. You see the AP and the P all over the school and at events both at school and in town. It has been very reassuring to come from a small school to this community.

Posted October 02, 2013
Westport is improving, even from last year. Our experience has been with the Montessori program. In the 8th grade especially, I have been really impressed with my son's teachers and the administration in general. They are organized and excellent at keeping my son on track. Weekly newsletters are sent out via email and questions or concerns are dealth with quickly. I feel like if there is a problem, I will know about it. Communication is so vital to the success of the student AND the school, and these teachers get it. Keep up the good work!

Posted September 26, 2013
This is not the Westport of 5 years ago. Due to remarkable leadership by Dr. Eddleman and her administrative team, the school has made a 180 degree turn around. The students and staff are excited to be at Westport where classes are centered around real world uses, student choices of projects to cover topics and technology when it encourages higher learning and exploration of school topics.

Posted September 19, 2013
I am very impressed with the Montessori program at Westport Middle School. The teachers are efficient, interesting and make learning fun for the students. I would highly recommend the Montessori program to anyone who is interested in sending their child to Westport Middle School.

Posted September 16, 2013
My son has been at Westport for 2 years now, in the Montessori Program and we LOVE it!!!

Posted September 11, 2013
My son has been a student at Westport since he was in the sixth grade. Now he is in the eighth grade and the time has just flown by. I have been since day one so impressed with the teachers and the administration at the school. They are top notch!!!! We have watched Westport go through a lot of positive changes in our time there. This being our last year makes both my son and myself very sad. We don't want to go. I would encourage any perspective student and parent to come in and visit us. You will like what you see!!!!!

Posted September 11, 2013
My son is new to Westport Middle School this year. He is in the 6th grade Montessorri Program and it has been a wonderful experience so far. He has ADHD and this setting seems to be a perfect match for him. He was not very happy in Elementary in over structured classes where every child had to do the same thing all the time. He LOVES school now. Also, the teachers and administrator's are very responsive and welcoming. 's

Westport Middle School
8100 Westport Rd, Louisville, KY  40242
Last modified Westport Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westport Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 68 reviews. Top