PK, 6-8
Louisville, KY

Posted December 11, 2014
I am a parent of WMS and have been for the last 6 years with my 4th child attending. When my children started this school 6 years ago I was very dissatisfied with the administration as well as the teachers. I did not plan on sending the next child until I heard that Dr. E was coming and another boat load of teachers. I was not disappointed either, the teachers that started that year were awesome and amazing and they have yet to let me down. I have sat in the classes on multiple times throughout the years just to see how things are going and the amount of patience as well as the skills they possess to deal with the amount of disrespect a lot of these children attending dish out. I am quite happy that my children attend this school and I thank all the teachers for doing what they do.

Westport Middle School 3

Posted December 04, 2014
Well there are some bullies in the school but other wise it's a good learning environment.i will tell you about some things there is a big gym a small gym and the school has a great mascot. The mascot is a pig it's name Is Mayberry she's a really cute pig. I think others should know more about each other, I think they should also learn more about what bulling can do to children. Well I love gym class i'm in the small gym with the pig named Mayberry. It's so cute how Mayberry tries to run with the class. Like I said before you should send your children to Westport it's a really good school. My school could improve by throwing out the bullies in the school.

Posted October 06, 2014
I am glad that my daughter is in the Montessori Program! Westport gets Kudos for timely communication, groovy teachers, and great leadership and cooperation among principal and staff. My child's schoolwork and overall education is topnotch. The teachers work hard to communicate what is going on the classroom and how my child is doing. I can honestly say that I am very happy with our choice to get her in this program. Our kids were educated in the elementary montessori program (shout out to Coleridge-Taylor!) and wanted that great education to continue--And Westport is it! I know my child will have the skills to perform at an AP level in high school.

Posted July 25, 2014
I'm going into the 7th grade at Westport Middle and it is amazing. I feel like I got more education in my 6th grade year than all of elementary school combined the teachers are great and encouraging at Westport and really help each and every child to teach their full potential

Westport Middle School 1

Posted February 24, 2014
This school is a disgrace to the east end of Louisville's reputation of safety, hard work and quality. To be located in such a nice community and deliver such low ratings year after year is beyond disappointing.

Posted December 16, 2013
I teach at Westport and I LOVE it. The administration and teachers are competent, student-centered, caring and dynamic. I look forward to coming to work every day, because the culture here is so positive. I have worked in other schools, and I honestly believe that our teachers here could compete with any teachers nationally. This is a great place to work, and if I had middle-school-aged kids, I would DEFINITELY send them here to the Montessori program, though all the teachers are outstanding.

Posted October 28, 2013
My daughter started at WMS Montessori this year after 6 years at a private school and we have been very pleased with her teachers and the administration at WMS. I knew the previous reputation WMS had but was excited for my daughter to go here with all the improvements they've made. We've loved every minute and look forward to the years to come. The teachers are very involved and really get to know the kids. You see the AP and the P all over the school and at events both at school and in town. It has been very reassuring to come from a small school to this community.

Posted October 02, 2013
Westport is improving, even from last year. Our experience has been with the Montessori program. In the 8th grade especially, I have been really impressed with my son's teachers and the administration in general. They are organized and excellent at keeping my son on track. Weekly newsletters are sent out via email and questions or concerns are dealth with quickly. I feel like if there is a problem, I will know about it. Communication is so vital to the success of the student AND the school, and these teachers get it. Keep up the good work!

Posted September 26, 2013
This is not the Westport of 5 years ago. Due to remarkable leadership by Dr. Eddleman and her administrative team, the school has made a 180 degree turn around. The students and staff are excited to be at Westport where classes are centered around real world uses, student choices of projects to cover topics and technology when it encourages higher learning and exploration of school topics.

Posted September 19, 2013
I am very impressed with the Montessori program at Westport Middle School. The teachers are efficient, interesting and make learning fun for the students. I would highly recommend the Montessori program to anyone who is interested in sending their child to Westport Middle School.

Westport Middle School
8100 Westport Rd, Louisville, KY  40242
Last modified Westport Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westport Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 67 reviews. Top