Louisville, KY

Zachary Taylor Elementary School 1

Posted April 22, 2015
The teachers don't do much at all to teach the kids. My child was also a victim of race bullying and the school did Nothing to stop it. A group of 6 kids beat up my child on the playground and the teacher did nothing. After reporting this to the higher ups over and over Still nothing was done. And this was all cause she's white. I would NEVER recommend this school to anyone!

Posted August 28, 2012
Both of my daughters have attended this school, I have seen many changes over the years. I have to say I have never seen a principal more passionate baout what he does for a living and that is spending his days with OUR children, the school has improved in so many areas I can not even scratch the surface on all of them, but the school and its staff strive for excellence, I am completely out of this cluster cannot obtain a bus stop for my daughter, but I dont mind driving out of the way for her, she and I couldnt imagine her anywhere else, the school is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

Posted June 13, 2011
Zachary Taylor has proven to be more than a place of education. My two boys attended ZT for two years in their third, fourth and fifth grades. ZT has been their third elementary school since Kindergarten. I am impressed with the warm welcome that we recieved from the front staff to the pta. While I must say that I was not ecstatic about all of the academics, I was thrilled about the teachers response to my concerns and their willness to have me in the school and their classrooms. My children did experience everyday issues that young children do in elementary and both issues were handled immediately by the teachers and the Principal. We are relocating to a different state and this is bittersweet because my children did learn more than I expected from this school and my younger daughter will not get to attend ZT. I am an involved parent and truly enjoyed the genuine care and education my children have recieved from ZT.

Posted February 01, 2006
I have had two children attend ZT. I currently have a 5th grader there. As a parent I know how important it is to stay involved with my childs school. At ZT, they welcome parent involvement. The principal is currently on his forth year and has done wonderful things for the school. There are numerous after school activities for the kids and the PTA is superior. They are constantly donating money for computer equipment, a science lab, or the media center. As with any school, there can be problems from time to time, but I believe that my kids education has been top notch. Excellent AP program Highly recommended. Don't judge by exterior appearances. Make an appointment to visit with the principal.

Posted August 05, 2004
Zachary Taylor has proven to be a very good school for my kids. The teachers are very competent (most have Master's degrees)and are led by an enthusiastic principal. Good things are happening at ZT. The new arts and humanities teacher will be teaching drama, art appreciation, dance, and music fundamentals. This is in addition the current art teacher. ZT offers a variety of extracurricular activities including chess team (K-5), Quick Recall, Basketball, Cheerleading, Band, Orchestra, Choir, etc. Cub Scout Pack 309 and other scout troops draw students from ZT and they can often be seen leading the Flag ceremonies at the General PTA meetings. As a PTA executuve board member for the past 5 years, I have seen the school go through many changes and the 2004-5 school year is shaping up to be the best!

Posted July 20, 2004
I have been a ZT parent for several years. Both of my children have received an excellent education here. The teachers' standards are high and their students' achievement is their number one priority. The fairly new principal (2 years) has done a great job of acquiring grants for the school to help enhance student learning as well as inaugurating many after school extracurricular activities for students. He is a great communicator with the students and their families, the staff, and the community. ZT was designated a N.I.C.E. school last year because of its warm and caring atmosphere. The PTA is very large and active and does many, many things for the students. All in all, ZT is a great school.

Posted July 18, 2004
I sympathize with the previous writer's frustration with the school system. It is a hugh bureaucracy with many problems. My son has been at ZT from K to 5th grade. We have had some ups and downs in quality of education. I have been an active PTA member there throughout his 6 years and have gotten to know all the teachers well enough to know who is excited about education and who is awaiting retirement. There are many good, caring teachers at ZT! The principal has just finished his second year and is paving the road for the school's improvement. There is an active PTA and the neighboring communities are very supportive in volunteering and fund-raising efforts. ZT has a bright future as long as guidelines for racial/economic equity are evenly distributed amongst neighboring schools. Prospective parents can't judge a school on paper alone. Visit and interview!

Zachary Taylor Elementary School 1

Posted June 01, 2004
My experience with ZT has left me not only disgusted with that school, but with the entire JCPS. We have met roadblocks at every attempt to help our child get special education services. The goal of the school seems to be to exclude rather than identify the child who doesn't fit the 'classroom management' style of the school. This year (03-04) the main change in my children's education is the addition of a huge range of inappropriate language. Not only can our special-needs child not get help, both children has been subjected to verbal abuse by their teachers, as well as bullying by classmates. Every neighbor we have with a child at ZT is pulling out for private school next year. I'm exhausted with trying to get help and respect at ZT, so we'll either fork over private school tuition, or move to Oldham County. Throwing up my hands in disgust.

Posted August 26, 2003
My children are going on their second year at ZT. The teachers and faculty are all wonderful at promoting a positive learning experience. The kids are finally excelling in school. I feel totally safe with my children there. I feel the staff is wonderful at fostering self esteem in my children.

Zachary Taylor Elementary School

Posted August 25, 2003
One of my children graduated from Zachary Taylor and I currently have a 3rd grader there. Both my children have received a solid education while at this school. The AP program is strong, as well as the kindergarten program. Our principal is relatively new, this is his second year. He has alot of good ideas for the school and he communicates well with students and parents. This school has tremendous parental involvement and the PTA provides many activities for the kids.

Zachary Taylor Elementary School
9620 Westport Rd, Louisville, KY  40241
Last modified Zachary Taylor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Zachary Taylor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top