Bad
Good

My daughter has been attending Kerrick for 3 years now. The teachers are great. The members and staff greet us well, when we attend school meeting or after school events. My daughter attended Goldsmith elementary for her first 2 yrs of school and I never received the level of compassion, loyalty and respect that both my daughter and I have experienced at Kerrick elementary. This is definitely an academic school with a lot to offer a child who loves to learn and make great friendships.

I am shocked about some of these comments about Kerrick and it's principal and staff. I have never met a more professional, hardworking, and student centered staff than what is at Kerrick. As far as leadership goes, Ms. Clemons always speaks to me and knows every child by his or her name. She spends her mornings reading books to the children in the gym and sends home personal notes about each student. There is very little staff turnover which goes to show you how GREAT this school is. If your child is fortunate enough to be accepted at Kerrick-consider yourself LUCKY!

I have never seen such dishonesty, lack of leadership, poor decision making, mistreatment of children, mean spirited staff and student and attempted parent intimidation in my life. There are some good teachers at Kerrick but the bad far out weigh the good. A lot of the good teachers have either retired or left the school. A lot of parents have taken their children out of this school. There are several parents that are just totally discussed with the leadership at Kerrick. There is a new assistant principal though, maybe she will help Kerrick. But something really needs to be done about the primary leadership at Kerrick immediately.

Not a very good school. I would not send my kids there. I worked there before and saw what i saw and vowed never to send my children there. Very unorganized and a lot of behavior problems. I don think the pricipal knew what she was doing. It is an awful school with awful scores on the CATS testing every year. Look in the Courier Journal, they post CATS test scores every year, it is public information, and this school always has bad scores....please dont send your chldren or child there if you can avoid it.. Move and go to another cluster or something if you have to. Their education is worth everything. Like one poster said, maybe when "the pricipal retires," Kerrick might get better. I Hope so.

Wonderful School. Prinicipal, Teachers, and Staff always greets you with a smile. Very helpful and open to listen. Both of my children attends Kerrick, couldn't ask for a better school.

I sent my son here for two years; k-1...never agian! The school is not a very good school. The "discipline" is horrible. The principal i don't think ever comes out of her office and she seems detached when problems arise. The teachers, God bless them, are ALL nice, but are left on their own. My husband and i pulled our son out and put him in Catholic School and he is now doing wonderfully!! ( A lot of parents in Louisville put their children in private schools.) I should have just put him in at the start instead of hoping he would actually learn something and wasting two years of his education. (I still feel guilty about that.) Sorry to be so blunt, but Kerrick is just not a very good school. There are much better schools out there; public and private. Hopefully things might change when the principal retires...Thank you for your time.

This school was not helpful at all, the teacher stated that it would be no issue that my son had not gone to pre k and that they would give him some extra help do to that situation, but even though that was told to us the teacher still states she doesn't understand why most of the other students are ahead of him on reading level and that is due to the lack of one on one attention in the class room i have seen and spoken to other parents about the same issue and they have had the same reply. Also when i did ask for a tutor they stated even though we are a very low income family that there was no way they would be able to help with that as well! there just no effort put in on thier side of the situation in any way

I think they are great with the students and my daughter has distinguished and proficient in all areas!

Last modified Kerrick Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.