Louisville, KY

Posted April 07, 2014
I love this school. My daughter started kindergarten this year and I was so nervous what school she was going to end up in since we registered a little late. But I am so glad she ended up at Dixie Elementary. She loves it there, she loves her teachers Mrs. Sturgeon and all her new friends. She can read and spell so many words now its just amazing.I love everything about this school. I really believe the staff cares and wants the best for my daughter and thats what matters the most to me.

Posted February 10, 2014
Dixie Elementary is focused on meeting the needs of the whole child. We care about breaking down barriers to learning and building positive, trusting relationships with our kids. Come see what we have to offer! You can be part of the "new and improved" Dixie Elementary!

Dixie Elementary School 1

Posted June 18, 2012
This school is horrible. Kids on the bus were making fun of my little cousins last name and the teachers did not say anything to them. My little cousin came home cussing and doing bad hand signs, when I asked her were she learned them she said kids at school was doing them. If I was you I would not send my kid to these school.

Posted February 21, 2012
Please don't judge this school on the past. It is even better now! The staff has changed a little, but they are THE BEST IN THE DISTRICT. I love everyone there, from the office staff to the principal. I would be willing to bet the test scores are going to jump WAY up there this year.

Dixie Elementary School

Posted April 14, 2008
Very rough school Nice staff but leadership is bad and alot of kids are unruly. Not fair to good kids

Posted November 07, 2007
I have been a parent of Dixie Elementary for four years now and have had not one problem with the school! The staff at the school are more like family. They take every child's heart and education into consideration to give each child the best education that a child could receive! We have one of the districts best principals here at Dixie! He couches our teachers with great dignity and respect, which shows in the classroom! For the past few years the schools CATS scores have exceeded the goals! I would like to thank the teachers and staff at Dixie Elementary for supporting my children s educational needs and for being caring supporters to my children! I am one Proud parent of Dixie Elementary! Gooooo Dixie!

Posted September 12, 2007
Dixie Elementary is a wonderful school! Not only do I love the year round calendar, each child is important at Dixie. I transferred my daughter from Wilkerson to Dixie at the beginning of 1st grade. When she first got to Dixie, she could hardly read anything. By the end of the year, she was above the required 1st grade reading level!! She has been progressing each year since. Kudos to Dixie and all the wonderful teachers there!!!

Posted May 23, 2007
My daughter is just finishing her Pre-K year and will move on to Kindergarten at Dixie. She has learned so much from her teachers there and made so many friends. I read the review about the principal and had to question who they were talking about. He has been nothing but kind and loves all of the kids. In a school with that many kids for my daughter to walk through the door in just her first year and him to know her by name was astonishing to me and let me know that she would be well cared for and looked after in her years at Dixie to come. The school does an excellent job of keeping us informed about what is going on as well as inviting us to be involved in as many ways as possible. I wish I would have sent all of my kids to Dixie!

Posted November 25, 2006
Dixie is an excellent school! My child has been at Dixie for 3 years now. Her teacher's Mrs. Hoerter (K), Mrs. Patterson(Fussnecker) (1&2) created a safe, positive learning environment for my child. Mr. Sanford has done an excellent job motivating his staff and students to be the best they can be & more! My child's reading and math are above grade level, due to the staffs hardwork and the programs that Dixie has adopted.

Posted October 19, 2005
My child went to Dixie Elementary school from K-5. She graduated from there in 2002. Mrs. Henderson was the principle and made everyone feel welcome. The school was 'our' school and our children was well taken care of. We loved the school in every way. Things changed a bit when Ms. Henderson left. During Mr. Sandfords first year, there was alot of issues. Hopefully it was only because he was new to the school. We loved Dixie until he took over but give him a chance he may have finnally realized that it is about the parents and the students and not about him being boss.

Dixie Elementary School
10201 Casa Landa Dr, Louisville, KY  40272
Last modified Dixie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dixie Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top