Posted August 16, 2013
I love this school so much! I have made so many friends here. I'm hispanic and what I like the most about Tj is they offer the Adelante Hispanic Achievers! Other schools just offer better programs for kids who are extroverts and socially qualified. Like why does it matter if a kid is socially awkward or not? They should get the same chances. I feel like Tj is a great school but some students just need to get a reality check that you come to school to learn not be immature and childish! I was going to start 7th grade this year at Tj but unfortunately I moved and had to switch schools :\

Thomas Jefferson Middle School 1

Posted May 21, 2013
My grandchildren go to this school and it is horrible!! These kids don't even have any books. How can you learn anything without books?? They have to walk on colored lines in the hallways like a prison system. There are fights there EVERY day. Lots of bullying. This is their last year at this school....thank goodness!!! The teachers have no control over the students. This school needs to be shut down. Their overall test scores are horrible. I hope they can excel in high school and put this school experience behind them.

Posted February 22, 2011
I moved here from Johnson Traditional, and the people here are way nicer! IIn terms of teachers and students! We are always doing some fundraiser or something just to show school spirit and I LOVE IT!!!

Posted November 12, 2010
I LUV TJ! I WAZ ON STARS N STRRIIPES! MY SISTA TELLZ ME THAT NOW ITZ THE EAGLES TEAAm! SHe IS in 7tH GRadE!

Posted May 07, 2010

Thomas Jefferson Middle School 2

Posted September 21, 2009

Posted October 17, 2008
Although I'm gone from Thomas Jefferson now, I will never forget the experience it was! Whatever you hear negative about Thomas Jefferson mustn't be true! So set that behind you when making your choice of which middle school to attend. Thomas Jefferson has a wonderful staff. Teachers are dedicated to teaching their students. They practice teaching in many different ways, hoping to seek which way has the best effect on your child. They don't tolerate non-sense. Their 'P-R-I-D-E' System teaches children how to be successful adults. Thomas Jefferson is the best school to go to to get ready for high school too. When I left Thomas Jefferson, and High school came around the corner it felt like another day at TJ! Except the lockers weren't red or blue! It felt like at any moment one of my old teachers would be around the corner. Look into TJ 5th graders!!

Thomas Jefferson Middle School 1

Posted October 07, 2008

Posted May 24, 2008
Well as a student I love the communications program. It really is a cultural experiance because of all the diffrent races you learn so much more when it comes to cltre. Andthe teachers are awesome. They joke sometimes but they really are serious when it comes to or learning. Having the same teachers all three years helps you bond with the teachers real good. If your a 5th grader looking for a school to go to choose tjms!

Thomas Jefferson Middle School 4

Posted March 01, 2008
I'm a student at Tj and I think it is a very good school! The teachers there are very good and have a good way of making learning fun! Also there are many good kids there as well as bad, but still lots of good kids! I really liked going there and it's to bad that next year i'll be leaving to my high school! I will really Mrs. Mattingly as a communications teacher though, because she taught me how to write very good stories while making learning fun! That is what i love about TJ and I will Miss that school very much! Wait i thought of a nother good thing. The falcuty at TJ also rewards kids very well. Like if kids did well on thier CATS test, they have a CATS celebration, andthey do that for other tests too! I love TJ, and i will miss it lots!

Thomas Jefferson Middle School
1501 Rangeland Rd, Louisville, KY  40219
Last modified Thomas Jefferson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Jefferson Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top