Blue Lick Elementary School 3

Posted April 14, 2011
My daughter goes to school at Blue Lick. While there are some good staff, and we are happy with her teacher, we aren't happy with the overall experience. It seems that a great deal of the parents feel that it isn't necessary to follow the school's rules, dress codes, drop off/pick up policies, etc. I believe this school as well as many others are fighting an uphill battle that starts at home before they students even leave for the day. They are taught that the rules don't really matter, so how could you expect the children to obey their teachers while in class? This is a sad but true fact.

Posted March 25, 2011
I teach art at Blue Lick, and have taught in many schools durring my 20+ years within JCPS. Blue Lick students are like children everywhere. Some have been taught good behavior habits and some have not. Blue Lick provides it's students with high expectations for courteous behavior in all it's students, regardless of background. This is the positive difference I see in this school. It is a safe and happy place for children to learn.

Blue Lick Elementary School 2

Posted January 13, 2010
This school needs to improve everywhere one speaks about their child not about the over all picture, this schools scores was one of the lowest in ky I shouldn't have to say anymore than that(look at whole picture)

Posted July 31, 2007
I disagree with the parent who said the kids are out of control. My daughter is in the special education class and has classes with the other students as well. I have shadowed her throughout the day, and I saw whole classrooms in lines, saying hello to me in passing, and being very polite. The teachers are very good about getting the parents involved, they are wonderful. I love this school, and would recommend it to anyone, especially those parents with children who have disabilities. Yay Blue Lick!

Blue Lick Elementary School 2

Posted April 16, 2007
My son is in 1st grade at Blue Lick. He has had wonderful teachers so far there. Although, the teachers are very caring, the administration at Blue Lick leaves much to be desired. There is no discipline there and I fear for my son's safety everyday he attends. The children are out of control there. There is very little recognition for the children that do well.

Posted February 20, 2005
My daughter is a 2nd grade student in Mrs.Bilbro's class.She loves both her teacher and the school itself. She does very well and learns alot from here. I also am impressed with the learning she has done. WAY TO GO BLUE LICK!

Blue Lick Elementary School 4

Posted February 11, 2005

Blue Lick Elementary School
9801 Blue Lick Rd, Louisville, KY  40229
Last modified Blue Lick Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blue Lick Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top