Louisville, KY

Posted May 15, 2014
I have had a child in Hite for the last 5 years (2 kids the last 2 years). I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff and their care for all of the kids there. Hite is blessed to have children from all backgrounds and all ability levels, yet they are all treated with care and respect. The teachers are very good about bringing any concerns they have to the parent so that any concerns can be worked on as a team. I have only seen a small handful of any issues with students needing discipline there, but the few problems I have witnessed were handled very quickly and clear expectations and boundaries were made known to the student, yet they were still treated with respect. Hite is also blessed to have a great deal of involvement from the families of students, but I think that is because we are made to feel welcomed and cared for as well. If I could be assured all the schools my children attend in their lifetime would be anything like Hite, I would breath a huge sigh of relief!

Posted August 24, 2009

Hite Elementary School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
Hite is a wonderful school. Can't say enough about Mr. Hagan , teachers, and staff. My daughter attended Hite from K-2 and had a wonderful experience there. I only wish we hadn't moved out of the state. We miss Hite and the 'school family' we had there.

Posted March 10, 2009

Posted April 28, 2008

Posted August 13, 2007
I have had 3 boys in Hite. They do a great job in getting the students ready for middle school. The parents and teachers are very involved. The principal Mr. Hagan is always available and take great interest in all his students.

Posted April 25, 2006
I absolutley believe in this school. I have two children that attend Hite and I couldn't be happier. I truly think that my kids couldn't get a better education anywhere else. The staff are very competant and extrememly involved with the advancement of every student. I cannot recommend this school enough!

Posted October 14, 2005
We love Hite Elementary. Having come from private school, we were welcomed to the 'Hite Family' with open arms. Our faculty and staff take great care to provide the kids with a safe, academically sound, fun environment to thrive in. The teachers have the ability to teach in such a way that each childs' learning needs are met and they are kept enthusiastic about the material that needs to be covered. Among the things that impresses me about Hite is the fact that our principle Tim Hagan and his great staff know the name of every child coming thru the door. Our school is a 'Pace-Setting' school with a full complement of special area teachers as well as extra-curricular activities that keep our parents involved as well as our students. Hite is a fine, culterally diverse school that has shaped well-rounded, successful children ready to move on to new situations.

Hite Elementary School 1

Posted January 23, 2005

Posted July 18, 2004
This school is one in a million. The teachers are 100% devoted to helping all children and the pta involvement is just incredible. The hospitality you receive from the moment you walk in the door makes you feel right at home. The diversity and acceptance of all people is just beyond words. This is not a place where you will find people just passing by each other. Its a place where you here hello. Goodmorning, can I help you etc. I love Hite and my child will succeed because of the dedication of the teachers that reach outside of their classroom and help other children

Hite Elementary School
12408 Old Shelbyville Rd, Louisville, KY  40243
Last modified Hite Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hite Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top