Bad
Good

Posted October 08, 2014
My sophomore attended private school all her life and wanted to experience diversity, respect and broader range of opportunities in high school without compromising quality of education or challenging curriculum. Ballard offers all that and more. You get out exactly what you put in, and my daughter has really flourished from all her academic, arts and athletics participation at the school through extra curricular activities. She had her share of "mean kids" over the years and was relived to find Ballard is one of the friendliest schools. So many people went out of their way to make her feel welcomed and included. She was amazed (and relieved) at how friendly everyone was. Of course you'll always have some pockets of kids who don't fit that mold, but hey - welcome to the real world. I have that in my office every day of my life, and frankly, if you find some adversity too harsh to take, you will likely need to live in a bubble when you get out into the real world. The teachers far exceeded my expectations and in fact I would say they are some of the most empassioned and experienced in their fields. I waited a year to post anything and happy to report that year 2 is just as good.

Posted August 01, 2014
Ballard is a great high school. Everyone is respectful there plus the academic are awesome. Best high school.

Ballard High School 2

Posted September 26, 2012
Ballard isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Sure it's a great school when it comes to academics but among students, it is an overall absolutely unfriendly environment. My friend attends Ballard and almost every other day she complains about how miserable and depressed she is because of the student body and atmosphere, how snobbish and unfriendly everyone is, and the HUGE bullying problems that are directed towards her and each other. She's described an instance where a girl tripped and had to leave the classroom because so many students were saying crude comments and laughing and the teacher let it slide. And others like this. Attend this school if you set high standards, but steer clear if you are easily effected by an atmosphere like this school.

Posted May 15, 2012
I graduated from Ballard twelve years ago, but I can't think of a better place to have gone to high school in Louisville. The Advanced Program was top notch, the fine arts programs were packed with interested and talented kids, and there was a lot of school pride. I know public schools in Louisville have taken a turn for the worse, but I'm encouraged by what I hear about BHS despite all that. Go Bruins!

Posted January 15, 2009
We moved to Kentucky from a top-rated Massachusetts school district--and frankly had some reservations about schools here. From our first freshman year parent meeting with Principal Jim Jury through what is now our child's junior year, we have been impressed by the opportunities and great teachers our child has experienced at Ballard. From the Advanced program to the exceptional Ballard Choir, we are impressed. I should note that my husband and I have spent four years working in one of New England's top boarding high schools. This public school, with far fewer resources, is doing a super job: our child is doing well, has inspiring teachers, among them some who chose to leave executive jobs with leading global companies to be high school teachers. Our child has met many motivated and bright students in class. So far, Ballard has been a challenging and positive place of learning for our student.

Posted May 03, 2008
I loved it, there was not one single flaw to the entire school, it was perfect and it more than prepared me for my first year at college. I made straight A's last semester and all the teachers and staff are very kind.

Posted February 24, 2008
i love this school! great sports and great academics!

Ballard High School
6000 Brownsboro Rd, Louisville, KY  40222
Last modified Ballard High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ballard High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top