Wilt Elementary School 5

Posted September 10, 2014
I am so thankful my children attend Wilt. The most important thing is that my kids are learning and are in fact achieving at higher levels than their peers. If there are any problems at the school, it's probably a result of a handful of deadbeat parents who do not engage their children at home or ever for that matter and expect somone else to raise them. The teachers at Wilt genuinally care, not in some fluffy feel good way, they actually want students to be successful and hard workers.

Wilt Elementary School 3

Posted December 03, 2013
I've posted on here when my daughter was in attendance from K-3. I was less than satisfied with grades 4-5. After having a very active, involved, and excellent 3rd grade teacher; 4th and 5th grade teachers were completely different. I found that many teachers are in cliques with the principal and office staff. The staff children were treated differently, the students, and parents know it. When I asked the principal why my daugher wasn't picked to take the advanced test, I was given alot of run around, including that the guidance counselor felt that she wasn't a good canidate because she didn't pass the year before. However; other children whom I know personally did not pass, was choosen to take the test again; they reluctantly let her take the test. My daughter took this bad incident and turned it around. She tested into a good middle school, was promoted to the Honor's program, and the guidance counselor says if she keep it up, she can get into the magnet program. Some kids take longer to learn test techniques. Parents please stay involved with your children, because the standards and expectations you have for them, isn't always the standard they have.

Posted February 17, 2011
I don't like carpool line. As stated in another post kids have to walk down the side walk and around the building (out of site) by themselves. I really don't care for the office staff/principal at this school. Although one of my children had a rough start (didn't care for the teacher) since this has been changed both of my children have had great teachers! Mrs. Harned, Mrs. Barber and Mrs. Unterriner have been wonderful teachers! They make my children work hard and have high expectations for them. This is not the school I would have chose based on ratings but now that we are there we LOVE it!! My kids have had great friends and we have not experienced anything negative from other parents or students.

Posted March 11, 2010
I don't care for the principal Mrs. Kent. I think that she keeps the teachers down. If she was not there I believe the school rating would be higher than a 3.

Wilt Elementary School 5

Posted November 17, 2009

Posted August 29, 2009
My daughter has been at Wilt since Kindergarten. She is in third grade. We have had fantastic teachers every year. I have had no serious issues or concerns. Anything I have addressed with the teachers or administration, I have recieved prompt replys.

Posted July 22, 2009

Posted July 21, 2009
My Son and Daughter are in the 1st grade this year and one had Ms Commissar and she is the best teacher that i have ever seen she pushing the students to be the best that they can be and she makes them use there minds . And she does'nt just stop work and let the children off on class work because of the last day are breaks coming . It's because of her and Ms Wrothl that my daughter has passed my son up and she was born early and did'nt talk into she was three so I Ms Bowden would like to say there is teacher around that does care and thank you so much . Am sorry to see you move to the 4th grade you will be missed. Ms Shade is one of the best teachers also she helps the parents and calls back with any concern

Wilt Elementary School 2

Posted October 10, 2008
My child has been a student at Wilt every since she was in first grade. She is now a fifth grader. When we first got to Wilt I was worried about the environment and location. Once we met Ms.Greenfield ( Lewis) we were totally at ease. I love the transistion process they have with the teachers moving up with the students. My daughter was in first , second and thrid grade with the same teacher. This helped her so much. She is a outstanding student thanks to her teachers and her hard work . I am not real high up on the office and support staff . I totally get upset over the fact that car riders are dropped off at the side of the building with no staff member there to watch after them. This is a problem especially on icy sidewalks.

Posted December 25, 2007
First, I want to say that Wilt is moving in positive directions. Mrs. Jones and Mrs. Worth, your are awesome. My daughter is in the first grade this year, and I'm glad that I kept her in this school. When I talk to other parents about the classwork and homework, my daughter recieves; they are always suprised of the level of work she is doing compared to their child's school. I have not had any problems thus far with bullying or fights. My daugters teachers and the offices staff have always been responsive to any questions, phone calls or notes that I have sent. However, the only improvement I would like seen, is in the special areas classes. I would like to be filled in more often of their special area lessons; so I can practice with her at home.

Wilt Elementary School
6700 Price Ln, Louisville, KY  40229
Last modified Wilt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top