Crosby Middle School 3

Posted July 20, 2014
About 7 years ago Crosby was the best middle school, now it's turning into the worst. I know that the majority of schools have fights but Crosby has way too many. Since Crosby starting letting kids from bad areas, the school started becoming horrible. The punishments for students aren't enough and encourages kids to do trouble. I think Crosby needs to stop letting in kids from bad areas because they are the reasons that Crosby might close in the near future. There also needs to be more disciplinary actions because there is too much bullying, which could lead to suicide. My last compliant is that there needs to be more drug and suicide prevention because there aren't many actions to help prevent these kids from doing drugs or committing suicide. Some of the staff that is in charge of consequences and bullying, punishes the victims of bullying rather than the aggressors. Crosby has way too many bad kids that care only about being bad to gain attention, which makes the learning environment hazardous for other students. I hope that next year, my experience at Crosby will be better.

Posted September 29, 2013
Do NOT send your kids to Crosby if they have an IEP or qualify for ECE services, unless they qualify due to an obvious disability. Kids with ADHD or other "hidden" disabilities will NOT get the supports they need. Crosby has standard accommodations for everything. For example, my son does not do well on tests. Crosby's answer: give the student extra time to complete. More time does not help when the main problem is reading comprehension. What was really needed was to provide an area with an aide where my son could read each question aloud, then restate it in his own words to confirm that he understood the question before putting pen to paper. We even had one teacher who just gave him extra points to level the playing field. What?!! Crosby's overall test scores do not tell the whole story. If your child is extremely compliant and can produce the highest quality of work with little or no help from the teachers, then Crosby may work for you. Just don't expect them to welcome you (as a parent) with open arms. They do not like it when parents get in their way.

Crosby Middle School 2

Posted August 06, 2013
My school is nice, but it's really dirty there and it's full of mean kids and crazy kids. I learned a lot more in my other school, and I wish there was no dress code, our uniforms are extremely uncomfortable, they said uniforms improved our performances, but I don't see any change. Plus they are ugly and the teachers can be lazy.

Posted August 19, 2012
I hate crosby! Its full of mean, crazy kids who pick on everyone! I hate it! There is a ton of bullies! I used to go to a catholic school and boy it was a lot harder, i learned a lot more at my old school!

Posted July 14, 2012
i am an alumni of Crosby, and i can honestly say, out of all of the middle schools in JCPS, this is the best. We surpass the district in academics, sports, and a good environment. the academics are challenging, the teachers are wonderful, and the students are taught how not only to be great students, but great young Men and Women. I am so happy and blessed to have been able to go to Crosby. GO COUGARS!!!!!!

Posted May 19, 2012
Crosby Middle School is a wonderful school, it gives students a chance to express themselves in a number of ways from sports to art to future educators! I was forced to switch schools, and this upset me. I never realized how strict and orderly Crosby really was! There was only a single bullying problem, which was addressed as soon as it appeared, and the teachers are very supportive. They make you strive to reach goals, and they never stop asking for your best. The principle walks around everyday going into every class, and checking up on everything, as well as his three assistant principles who are each assigned a grade. Crosby has a VERY high population, but somehow each teacher on your team of 150+ students knows your name, and something special about you. I couldn't have asked for better 7th grade teachers, this may sound odd, but 7th grade is a hard year! There are lots of changes, and let's face it, 13 year olds smell funky! But somehow they put up with our back talking, and still love us. I miss my wonderful school, Crosby. I highly recommend this school. --- Former Student

Posted December 04, 2011
I transferred to Crosby for 7th grade. I came from one of the larger catholic private schools, St. Agnes. There is TONS of bullying at this school. The academic curriculum at Crosby compared to my old school is a joke. I never have to study for tests and I get an A. Parent's are not involved at all. The classes are huge and I feel like the teacher's don't even notice me. All they care about are the CATS scores. I hate it here. At my old school we were all one, big, family. Here, it's every man for themselves. Most of the stuff I have learned during 7th grade I learned in 6th grade at my old school. Any parent who loves their child and cares about their education and future WILL NOT send them here.

Crosby Middle School 4

Posted August 09, 2011
This school is good, but there is a lot of bullying. If the kids tell our assiantant principles they will handle it until then the problem is still going to be unresolved. The school is too small for all the kids that are there. When you walk in this hallway by the lunchroom when the bell first rings there is going to be alot of people and sometimes you are late for class and the teachers don't let you explain why. Crosby is very strict, they have a lot of rules you need to follow. But the school is GOOD. So are the teachers. Crosby has teams and one team is the outcast and the teachers are like no its not and we know it is and the very best team gets more field trips. I know because i was on the outcast team last year. It was horrible! We were suppose to have 6 field trips and we only had 2. I hope this review was helpful to you, Former CMS student

Posted August 04, 2011
This school is great! I love it! BEST SCHOOL EVER! COME HERE FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL!

Crosby Middle School 0

Posted March 30, 2010
I hate croby it has unfair teachers, mean kids and they say there is no bullying o but is that a lie. The bathrooms are dirty and i can't stand that school

Crosby Middle School
303 Gatehouse Ln, Louisville, KY  40243
Last modified Crosby Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crosby Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top