Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Its a good school. I don't know who wrote all below but they shall send kids to private school. Anyway, great personnel, nice teachers, appreciate the diversity and MY DAIGHTER STARTED READING BOOKS! Thank you very much to the school.

Way to much fights and non-interactive lessons.

We're new to this school (Crosby) and are absolutely disgusted with this school from the start. From the office lady that didn't want to give us a tour to the counselor who doesn't care to the teachers who have given up. I'm sure there are staff members that care we just haven't met them yet. I'm fearful my child will lose any knowledge she had from her previous school (Which was Excellent). If it was easy enough to sell our house that we just bought THEN WE WOULD.

Although having an awesome arts program, Crosby Middle School has below average teachers. Most teachers show no enthusiasm for teaching. The main theme is straight out of the book. The lessons are not interactive and are boring. All you do is work in the book and teachers rarely brought the curriculum into the minds of the students, just printed on the pages of textbooks. There is a lot of work with not much fun and are not enthusiastic about coming to Crosby.

About 7 years ago Crosby was the best middle school, now it's turning into the worst. I know that the majority of schools have fights but Crosby has way too many. Since Crosby starting letting kids from bad areas, the school started becoming horrible. The punishments for students aren't enough and encourages kids to do trouble. I think Crosby needs to stop letting in kids from bad areas because they are the reasons that Crosby might close in the near future. There also needs to be more disciplinary actions because there is too much bullying, which could lead to suicide. My last compliant is that there needs to be more drug and suicide prevention because there aren't many actions to help prevent these kids from doing drugs or committing suicide. Some of the staff that is in charge of consequences and bullying, punishes the victims of bullying rather than the aggressors. Crosby has way too many bad kids that care only about being bad to gain attention, which makes the learning environment hazardous for other students. I hope that next year, my experience at Crosby will be better.

Do NOT send your kids to Crosby if they have an IEP or qualify for ECE services, unless they qualify due to an obvious disability. Kids with ADHD or other "hidden" disabilities will NOT get the supports they need. Crosby has standard accommodations for everything. For example, my son does not do well on tests. Crosby's answer: give the student extra time to complete. More time does not help when the main problem is reading comprehension. What was really needed was to provide an area with an aide where my son could read each question aloud, then restate it in his own words to confirm that he understood the question before putting pen to paper. We even had one teacher who just gave him extra points to level the playing field. What?!! Crosby's overall test scores do not tell the whole story. If your child is extremely compliant and can produce the highest quality of work with little or no help from the teachers, then Crosby may work for you. Just don't expect them to welcome you (as a parent) with open arms. They do not like it when parents get in their way.

My school is nice, but it's really dirty there and it's full of mean kids and crazy kids. I learned a lot more in my other school, and I wish there was no dress code, our uniforms are extremely uncomfortable, they said uniforms improved our performances, but I don't see any change. Plus they are ugly and the teachers can be lazy.

I love crosby it is one of the best schools ever. They make you feel like your the only one in the school and have very good teaching staff. GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate crosby! Its full of mean, crazy kids who pick on everyone! I hate it! There is a ton of bullies! I used to go to a catholic school and boy it was a lot harder, i learned a lot more at my old school!

i am an alumni of Crosby, and i can honestly say, out of all of the middle schools in JCPS, this is the best. We surpass the district in academics, sports, and a good environment. the academics are challenging, the teachers are wonderful, and the students are taught how not only to be great students, but great young Men and Women. I am so happy and blessed to have been able to go to Crosby. GO COUGARS!!!!!!

Last modified Crosby Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.