Louisville, KY

Posted August 08, 2013
This is our family's 12th year with this school- all 4 of my children have attended here & I wouldn't want them to be at any other elementary school. During this time, we've had a child w/ 1 bullying issue, a few academic issues, 2 kids w/medical issues, and 1 w/developmental delays. Every situation has been handled immediately & professionally. The staff is friendly & fun, but firm w/the kids, preparing them for their lives ahead. My older kids love to go back & check in w/previous teachers b/c they made such a positive impression upon their lives. When the elementary lines were redrawn several years ago, we fought to keep our kids at this school- a decision I have never regretted.

Posted January 10, 2011
As a child I attended Hartstern, and I must say I loved it. Every one of my teachers made learning fun. The pta is also wonderful. They always plan fun family events such as field day, fall festival, open house & so on. My child is now attending his first year at heartstern as well. He loves it. His teacher is wonderful. She does everything she can to be sure my child can be the best student possible. She keeps me very involved by sending smile box pictures via e-mail of activities in the class room. It always puts a smile on my face to know she cares, and goes the extra mile with my child. I would recommend this school to anyone. It is a great place, and every teacher there treats your child as their own.

Posted February 18, 2010
my granddaughter went there from K-2 before moving to Florida, I found it to be an amazing school and the teachers and Principal were exceptional. Now that they are back, I pray that the little one who will be in 2nd grade will attend as did her sister. Marcelle Joseph & the Almodovar girls.

Posted August 27, 2008

Hartstern Elementary School 4

Posted July 13, 2007
I go to Male High School now, and I have to say that the teachers at Hartstern have helped me to be the 3.7 GPA student I am today. I've had great experience with the teachers and the academic team was a great extracurricular activity. I highly recommend Hartstern.

Posted May 29, 2007
I think Harstern compares well to other schools in the district. The teachers are all extremely dedicated to all students. I know teachers who have referred students for extra help, only to find out it will be a year before the paperwork is finally processed. Unfortunately the school doesn't have much power in this area. My child needed extra help in reading and got it from her teacher at Hartstern. I am very happy with this school!

Posted January 21, 2006
i love hartstern the teachers have been great and you can always count on them to help.

Hartstern Elementary School 2

Posted October 02, 2005
If your child needs extra support you will not find it at this school! I have exhausted all my resources and personal strength to speak to the school counselor and/or principal regarding my child's needs. They have failed to set up a meeting with me, speak to me, or even address the issue at all. Instead they focus on lunch money issues,school uniforms (belts), and bathroom breaks,all of which have no bearing on my child not only functioning in a public school but succeeding and having an enriched education! this school has made me see that i must provide for my own child's well-being and academic career by putting them in private school. This school has no heart! horrible!

Hartstern Elementary School 2

Posted July 28, 2005
this school is for the children without any learning problems. Hartstern's focus is on the children that stand alone. It took me 3 years for them to help my child get the extra attention.

Hartstern Elementary School 4

Posted July 22, 2005
- a former student

Hartstern Elementary School
5200 Morningside Way, Louisville, KY  40219
Last modified Hartstern Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hartstern Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top