Bad
Good

Layne Elementary School 4

Posted June 25, 2013
Layne is a great school! The exposure to different ethnicities and cultures is awesome! The staff, new principal, and new assistant are wonderful. I have volunteered in the school many times in the past and it's inspiring to see the teachers get involved with the students. They really care about their learning and well being and somehow manage to keep them all challenged even when they're on different levels. This seems very hard to me since they are constantly being interupted with ESL classes, etc. (1/5 of the student body is from another country). The school is clean and organized. They have fun engagement opportunities for the students and parents. The downside is the lack of parental involvement & school funds/programs. For instance many of the parents do not speak English or have no way of engaging. There are translators on conference days and the school sets up shuttles from various locations for activities scheduled after hours. There is no drama dept. No skating parties. Things of this nature seem to be lacking, however, they use thier funds to help the student population who're at an economical disadvantage with field trips and activities. All in all, a great place!

Posted March 06, 2009
Both of my children attend Layne.I also attended Layne.It was great then and is still a great school.Office staff are wonderful.And the teachers are amazing.What a great P.E. teacher they have. Some of those teachers have been there many of years.I think they are all great at Layne.Office staff, teachers, assistant helpers,cafeteria staff, custodial staff.Some of those teachers taught me when I attended.I will soon be 32 years old.I would not feel comfortable sending my kids to a different elementary school.

Layne Elementary School 1

Posted February 24, 2009
I give this school a BIG FAT U for Unsatisfactory work. I have only met a couple of teachers who seem to do their job well. My 4th grader has NO GRASP of basic multiplication. I had to memorize it in 3rd grade to pass math. My 3rd grader has no concept of grammar and punctuation or of writing in cursive. Again things they both she be doing well at this point. Can't blame it on all the school though. I believe a lot has to do with Jefferson County.

Posted June 25, 2008
Layne is a wonderful school. The teachers are amazing and work so hard to help the children learn. The teachers, the office staff, and assistants make this school work well. The school staff is amazing. The administration could be better. She could be more friendly to parents and supportive of her staff.

Posted March 06, 2008
i am very plesed with layne elementary it is a very good school they have amazing teachers sweet staff and a good learning enviroment i would suggest to any one i know who are looking for a new school for their kids layne i used to go to layne but i moved so i had to leave my whole school family i was so sad when i had to leave i miss this school very much

Layne Elementary School 2

Posted August 20, 2006
Layne has been a disappointment to our family. There are rarely any extracurricular programs offered, PTO is almost non-existent. Sports programs are void. Discipline of extreme issues does not happen and goes un-reported - no follow up. There seems to be constant chaos when communication is attempted. Phones are always busy in the morning.

Layne Elementary School 4

Posted July 12, 2006
My children have attended Layne since Jump start and over all I have been pleased. There are some very special teachers there that are very good to the students. Although I have had some issues when it comes to funds. Example: Everything seems to be based on money. I know schools need money but it should not be a determining factor in things such as king and queen or talent shows. All schools need to make a point to make learning fun. Children seem to learn more when they are having fun doing it.

Layne Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2006
I was very excited when my children started at Layne... What a let down. Uniforms are more important than books. In some classes there is a one to three ratio with text books. These children are the future and have no chance at Layne.

Posted March 23, 2005
I love Layne! All of my children have attended and I have been very pleased. I feel comfortable voicing any concerns I have had and feel like they were addressed in a prompt and (most of the time) satisfactory manner. We have been happy with the teachers and feel that the teachers were also always ready to listen. My children have had a great educational experience and have thrived at Layne. Keep up the good work!

Posted January 09, 2005
I think that Layne is a fantastic school. Everyone of the teachers seem to know the students, they care about each of the students as individuals. The principal works hard to promote positive self images in the students.The school has several students that have major individual needs and the staff works hard to make sure that everyone gets a good quality education. Every student is and should be able to participate in all modalities that stimulate the brain. I commend the principal in encouraging the child to be stimulated in a whole brain education! Extra assistance for a child's individual need, is obtained from the board of education not the individual school, if the parents have taken the steps to get the student right placement and help. Layne is great and I would reccommend it to anyone!

Layne Elementary School
9831 East Ave, Louisville, KY  40272
Last modified Layne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.