Bad
Good

My school is one of the best middle schools Ive ever seen. My mother and father both teach at middle schools (my daddy teaches band at Lassiter) Im in 6th grade and I really like middle school so far. In math we have a lot of homework, but its middle school. #GOLASSITER

My child has attended Lassiter Middle for 6th, 7th & now 8th grade. We haven't had a bad experience yet. It seems the new principal along w/all the other great teachers & staff may have gotten things set on the right path. My child has excelled in many areas that they struggled w/in elementary school. Been in advanced classes @ Lassiter since 6th & has been on Honor Roll two years consecutive. One of the best things my child decided to do was join the music program & be a part of Chorus. Absolutely loves it! The Chorus teacher has been at Lassiter for over 30 yrs! It's been my experience that there are good & bad teachers/staff @ every school. Even your so called "good schools", public or private! Every child can get a great education if THEY want to @ ANY school. It is what they make it. It's my job as a parent to teach my child about manners & respect @ home. This reflects on how they behave @ school a little. Might make it a tad easier on our teachers to actually "teach" our kids instead of trying to raise them for us. I think we should all take a bit of the responsibility. Kids are a reflection of us as parents. Some should be very ashamed.

HORRIBLE school! This is my daughters first and hopefully last year at this school. Teachers are horrible and I was told that this would be one of the best schools for my disabled child, but it is not. I hate this school and everything about it.

I should have taken my daughter out of Lassiter a long time ago. I didn't want her to go there to start with but was told she had to attend there because it was our district school. The teachers can't control a bunch of bad kids who disrupt many classes. They say they are trying to get them under control. They've been trying for the 2 years my daughter has been there. Schools with a lot of free lunch program kids, use that as an excuse to not care about educating their students. Note how the number of free and reduced lunches are on school statistics. That means if your poor you are too stupid to learn, so don't blame the faculty.

My son had a's & b"s, until he started Lassiter! Now its went down hill! I am not pleased with this school at all! I would not recommend this middle school to anyone! There is know way grades should fall like this, very very disappointed!

My daughter is in the 7th grade this year at Lassiter, she also attended Lassiter for 6th grade. I am very concerned with the education she is receiving at this school. She struggled last year with her grades and is again this year. This is a child who has always had A's & B's. I fill that the staff has completely lost all control of this school. There are very few teachers I have come across that put forth the very much needed extra effort to help our children learn. My child will not continue at this school. I will tell you what I told the principal last year. My child is not failing Lassiter, Lassiter is failing my child.

Lassiter has the best special education teachers in all of Louisville.

This is a great school for EE (environmental education) and is trying to become a EE magnet school in the district

I think it needs help in all area learning activity's sports, teams for the children to get involved in their test scores are low for this school they don't have books for the kids because they can not afford them my daughter has been here for two years and will not go next year do to the poor scores and undergrade teachers.

i love it my baby has improved so much ! ! ! ! !

Last modified Lassiter Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.