Louisville, KY

Posted July 23, 2014
I couldn't be happier with this school! My child had a wonderful year last year (2013-2014) after transferring from another school where the experience left a lot to be desired. I had great communication with my child's teacher and the office staff. I wish all JCPS schools had staff like Klondike!

Klondike Elementary School 1

Posted June 01, 2014
Please note that all the positive reviews here are before 2014. We used to love this school, but in the past year, everything went straight to hell. Over the summer, all our favorite teachers suddenly transferred out. The principal was gone a few months into the school year. Out ability to communicate with the teachers and administration on concerns (which had been great) dropped to zero. Our child was harassed and physically assaulted and her teachers did nothing. Our requests for help when our child was struggling academically were ignored. The entire feel of the school changed and we made the difficult decision after three years of loving the school to transfer our child out. I do not know what happened over the summer of 2013, but it resulted in a very different school than the one depicted in the other reviews here. That having been said, the DO have a GREAT before/after school care program run by the YMCA. Mr. Robert is a saint.

Posted February 13, 2013
I love Klondike! Great principal and teachers. They also have a great before and after school YMCA child care. The staff is so friendly and they make it fun for the kids!!

Posted August 11, 2011
this is one of the best elementary schools if not in kentucky but in louisville. i currently have 2 children in the school, one is in the 5th grade and the second in 3rd grade. my 2 daughters went through the school also- one is doing well in central an my second daughter is in JCTMS. The teachers are awesome- they love their jobs and are very friendly-the principal is simply terrific- she loves the students and of course her job; discipline is enforced without been harsh with the students. i simply love the school and i am thankful to God that 2 of my children already passed through the school and 2 are currently there.

Klondike Elementary School 0

Posted May 11, 2010
The school is dedicated to the educational foundation that is needed to succeed. My child was previously in the number one private school here in the county, he struggled through out the school year and I was quiklu told that my child had various learning disabilities and the teacher was eager to label him in some sort of diagnosis, ADHD, developemental delays, needing medication , they even went as far as to hold him back a year. Upon changing him to Klondike he has been the star-pupil, he is eager to learn and is actually excited! He has carried straight A's and earned a writing and science award this year. If you have teachers that CARE about the children, they will suceed. The teachers there are very informative and keep me up with the class and future projects. I am thankful for the school and all the professionals there, they could have easily kept my child in the same rut as the private school, they believed in my child and his abilities.

Posted April 24, 2010
i love this school because it has excellent teachers,great rules, and great school activities

Posted December 28, 2009
A great place to raise your children. Very active PTA and lots of programs for the children to enjoy!

Posted May 27, 2008

Posted November 14, 2006

Posted April 01, 2005

Klondike Elementary School
3807 Klondike Ln, Louisville, KY  40218
Last modified Klondike Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Klondike Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top