Posted July 21, 2014
4 of my children have attended Laukhuf and I love the school and all the staff. Anytime I have had a problem I go talk to the principal and the issue is resolved. I was suppose to be relocating to Clarksville TN for the start of the 2014/2015 school year but I have decided to stay behind with the kids while my husband goes on to TN due to military reasons. I do not want to pull my oldest out of this school her 5th grade year. Nothing but am excellent experience with this school.

Laukhuf Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2012
My son started kindergarten at laukhuf this year. Im not exactly crazy about the school but I loved his teacher mrs.filippazzo. She is am absolute sweet heart. She works with the children very well and I belive she truly cares about her students!

Posted July 14, 2011
I am a SAHM and was so nervous to send my child to kindergarten last year. He had Mrs Filipazzo who is an absolute doll. She and her assistant Mrs Hoops are wonderful with all the children and my shy little boy now LOVES school. I feel safe dropping him off now and am not so worried about first grade because although I prefer him with me I know he is having fun, learning and safe. The PTA hosted so many awesome events for the kids last year like the fall festival and will do even more this year. If your child goes to Laukhuf join the pta and help plan fun events to give your child memories. I think it is the best kept secert in Louisville.. They have a new principle that took over a few years ago and I personally really like her. At the walkathon she was right there walking with the kids and she is like that in everything., She really cares.

Laukhuf Elementary School 1

Posted July 13, 2011
This school used to be a great school. Over the years, it has had a lot of turn around including the office staff. There are only a couple of teachers that are just wonderful and the rest could care less about your child. My oldest child went K-5 and things over the years only got worse. My youngest has been bullied both in the classroom and on the bus, for all 3 years she has been there with nothing ever done to protect her. The principal and counselor do nothing to resolve problem issues and will gang up on you to get their point across. They do not care what the parent has to say about anything. My oldest had some bully issues from a student also with nothing ever done. I think the teachers bully as much as the students to some degree. The teachers do a lot of ranting and raving with each other. Seems like drama every time you turn around. They used to have a wonderful PTA but they refused to ever support them and they all went on their way after years of abuse from the staff. This school needs a lot of work to turn it around. Please do your child a favor and try another school until they can resolve their problems. I am an alumni of Laukhuf and it saddens me to see this.

Posted September 25, 2009

Posted July 26, 2009
Both of my girls go to Laukhuf and the teachers are great.. I dont think I could of asked for a better school for my kids to go to..

Posted January 12, 2009

Posted August 05, 2008

Posted April 29, 2008
My son received harder work going to school in Bullitt Co. I repeatedly asked his teacher to try something to stimulate him or give him harder work, but was ignored. I truly feel like she doesn't care and is lazy.

Posted November 01, 2007
There are no work books sent home to help with homework. Not all children learn the same way and have difficulties. Makes it difficult for some to help their children. Get the impression that if your child has any difficulty they get pushed aside. The school seems so disorganized any more. If at all possible I would like for my son to finish elementary school else where.

Laukhuf Elementary School
5100 Capewood Dr, Louisville, KY  40229
Last modified Laukhuf Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laukhuf Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top