Posted December 12, 2014
The teachers, staff and parents are highly engaged. Our son is in his second year and we are very pleased with his academic and social progress. Lots of extracurricular activities--90 kids on the cross country team. We would like to see a girls basketball team.

Posted January 10, 2014
I have had children attend Lowe and while I must say Lowe has high test scores the staff at Lowe is unpleasant at best they are rude and i have observed the staff yelling at the children on numerous occasions Lowe is an "in crowed school" my advice if you send your children to Lowe be ready to volunteer many hours and open your pocket book if you want your children to have a good experience at Lowe also if your child is social this is not the school for them Lowe expects children to be seen and not heard even while at lunch and if your child misbehaves they will be scolded in front of others I have witnessed this from teaches to the principal yelling at children to the point they were in tears while making a decision on where to send your child keep in mind that while test scores are important so is your childs experience in school and if your child is not being taught in a pleasant environment how much will they truly learn

Posted October 09, 2013
My wife and I have both been extremely pleased with Lowe Elementary. We have two children enrolled and are lucky to be within the school district. The teachers have been great so far and the PTA does an amazing job.

Posted September 23, 2013
We have one child at Lowe now in his second year. While I cannot speak for our friends and I can tell you that there are several of our friends whose children are also enrolled at Lowe and we all discuss the same recurring issues. First thing you should know is that there is a new Principal (David Armour) who is doing his best to get dissolve the "in-crowd" atmosphere. He has his hands full... It starts at the front door. The office ladies need charm school desperately! I understand they have been there several years, and while I'm sure that position becomes very frustrating dealing with upset and entitled parents, you still have fresh parents yearly that expect you to have a smile on your face. We have, however, had teachers that have communicated VERY well with us There are still some "old school" teachers assistants that just flat need to go! There is a lot of pressure at Lowe for children to be quiet at 5 and 6 years old (even in the cafeteria). If your kid is a talker, this isn't the school for you! Your child will receive a top notch academic education, but might lack in social relationships because they are NOT fostered here. There is more to education than academics!

Posted April 13, 2012
I have had 2 children go through elementary school at Lowe. While they are both very successful academically, partly because of the education they have received there, there are a few things to know while considering Lowe for your child. There is a group of parents that has a sense of entitlement for themselves and their children, which this principal readily feeds. There is a bit of political play. We have had some wonderful teachers, but they are very limited in this atmosphere. I have seen this school lose at least 2 amazing teachers because of it. While the student population has some diversity, the viewpoints of these students don't seem to. One of my children has been bullied, called names, and ostracized for being different. Which seems to be a product of the neighborhood demographic. Both of my children have since moved on to a school where they can be embraced for who they are. Your children will get a good academic education at Lowe. That is not disputable. But if you are looking to cultivate a deeper experience for your child, to teach your child that academics are only one facet to education, then have some other schools on your list to explore as well.

Posted October 20, 2011
Our child has had a great experience at Lowe. Teachers, staff, and the principal are always eager to help their students to be successful. There's a rich mix of activities, too, ranging from basketball to chess to orchestra. Lowe's PTA is strong, with many activities, plenty of parent volunteers, and does a great job of helping with funds for school programs, most recently technology. Lowe's test scores are high. In particular, Lowe's math program is excellent - most recent test scores were #1 of district elementaries, even topping the traditional schools, and were 2nd in the district only to Dupont Manual High, one of the nation's top high schools. Note: Test score data on this site is a few years old.

Lowe Elementary School 1

Posted October 12, 2011
This is by far the worst elementary school I have ever seen. I attended this school as a child and they have the worst teachers. One in particular would regularly take my desk and dump all my belongings on the floor and degrade me in front of the whole class, calling me names, and getting in my face. This happened on multiple occasions and when my mother tried contacting the school they were rude and short saying they would take care of the problem. The teacher still works at this school today and I am now a high school graduate and in college. The memories of this horrible school will never be erased. Don't send your children here

Posted March 14, 2011
Absolutely love this school! Dr. Raitzer genuinely cares for the kids and the teachers are wonderful! Fantastic PTA, too!

Posted February 22, 2010

Posted January 31, 2010

Lowe Elementary School
210 Oxfordshire Ln, Louisville, KY  40222
Last modified Lowe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lowe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top