Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 15, 2016
The motto at Lowe is "Aim High, Go Lowe". All students are encouraged to try, given support if they are not succeeding, and are asked to push themselves by aiming high every day!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted June 15, 2016
The principal is 100% dedicated to making Lowe the very best elementary school in the state. He is kind, but also very driven. I appreciate his vision and the fact that he is personally involved at every level, with teachers, PTA, staff, students, and parents. Thank you Mr. Allain for all that you do as our leader!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 03, 2016
Homework is every night. It takes about 1/2 hour which i think is about right for 2nd grade. It helps that the teacher give parents the list of nights that have homework, so we know to follow up.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 03, 2016
In my son's class was a child with a physical disability. The kids all take into consideration what he can and cannot do when they play games. On the flip side the child with limitations ALWAYS keeps a positive attitude and will always try anything to see if he can do it.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 03, 2016
Communication is key. The staff, faculty and parents all work together to help students learn from mistakes and support each other. My favorite story is from the Cross Country team. There is a girl who is always the slowest but the whole team while having just finished their run will join her and cheer on until she finishes the race at EVERY race!

Posted June 03, 2016
We started at Lowe 2 years ago in 1st grade. Mrs. Finley really took the time to change my 1st grader's view on learning. Kindergarten for him at Wilder was rough and fraught with trips to the Principal's office for behavior problems. Lowe's whole environment was a 180 from where we were. They still include PE, Music & Art in weekly curriculum. The change in my kid by the time the year was over was astounding. HE LIKED SCHOOL! phew! I think this is attributed to the team atmosphere from parents, faculty and staff. Mr. Allain (the principal) works hard getting to know the kids and parents. The PTA is supportive and big which was good for me because I have a very limited amount of time to dedicate. They are always welcome to any and all parent participation when and wherever you can. It's always welcome. I look forward to the next 7 years i'll be there with all my kids. If you couldn't tell, Lowe comes highly recommended.

Posted June 02, 2016
Lowe is a family! We love our school. The staff and teachers are just the best there is. Our principal Mr. Allain welcomes our children (by name and with a smile !) in the car rider line every morning. I can't think of anywhere else I would rather send my children.

Posted May 27, 2016
We have been a part of the Lowe Elementary community for 5 years now. Next year we will have a 5th grade & Kindergarten student enrolled. Lowe was our first pick of elementary schools. Over the years, the school has gone through leadership changes. We've experienced (3) principals - one was a long-time figure at Lowe and left for Chicago, another entered our school briefly and quickly returned to middle school, and now we have Mr. Allain. He is a shining star in the school and very focused on its culture. Any time I am in the school, he is walking the halls and knows every child by name. Lowe offers a variety of activities, some through school and others through community partners that conduct programs on-site. More is offered as your student reaches 4th-5th grade. I've seen a few mentions about the office staff. Yes, they've been in place for a long time. Yes, they can be stern because they deal with the "trickle down" others do not - but mainly, they care about our kids and take good care of them, holding a sick bucket in one hand and the phone in the other trying to call a parent. We've always had great communication with our teachers as well, which makes us excited to start over with our Kindergarten student. Conferences are offered 2x/year but I've found the teachers are available any time - in person, phone and email. I've been a room parent for several years and have always been treated warmly and with respect. Lowe also has a strong PTA. It is working hard to get more parents involved - not just with fundraising but with the programs it sponsors throughout the year. The PTA contributes funds from field trip buses to family dances and math/literacy nights. These parents work hard behind the scenes because they love the students and teachers at Lowe. Lastly, Lowe is located in a great neighborhood. Several local businesses support the school's efforts - whether it sponsors a spirit night or donates landscaping supplies for campus beautification.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 27, 2016
Coach Conroy encouraged my son to walk/run the Triple Crown races. It was a great experience!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted May 27, 2016
Lowe has several long-term teachers that have great reputations among its families and students. I have never felt excluded or unheard by the teachers and frequently check in with my child on his experience.

210 Oxfordshire Ln, Louisville, KY  40222
Last modified Lowe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.